Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Heard a rumor that a Chinese team will be buying Teixeira for the €35 mil that Shaktar wanted....

While the other signings like Ramires and Jackson Martinez have been a joke this would be eye raising.

Edited by JWB

You can't say "Yank's Out" if you want Dan or Bill Gates to buy the team, brother.

Just "Boston Out" would suffice.

I'm through with American owners bro'. They're the worst ones out there. 

Aside from our experiences, Learner has destroyed Villa. The Glaziers have been utter pricks when it comes to Utd fans. And the fella at Arsenal is of the same ilk. We missed the boat when we missed out on Kraft. Now, once Henry ****s off, I don't want to see another one anywhere near Anfield 

Hail. 

I'm through with American owners bro'. They're the worst ones out there. 

Aside from our experiences, Learner has destroyed Villa. The Glaziers have been utter pricks when it comes to Utd fans. And the fella at Arsenal is of the same ilk. We missed the boat when we missed out on Kraft. Now, once Henry ****s off, I don't want to see another one anywhere near Anfield 

Hail. 

Kraft is a miser :lol:

Wait til Brady goes, we'll see how long he's "the best owner in sports".

You want someone willing to spend money.  I wouldn't say that Henry has been willing to spend money, per se... he's more into buying young players, flipping them and then using that money to buy more players and flip them.

Henry is like the dude who wants to sell cocaine (The Red Sox), but he LOVES smoking weed (LFC).  But he wants the weed to pay for itself.

Heard a rumor that a Chinese team will be buying Teixeira for the €35 mil that Shaktar wanted....

While the other signings like Ramires and Jackson Martinez have been a joke this would be eye raising.

Saw that, too.  They're willing to pay him as well.  Salary would be enormous.  Personally I think it's **** **** games with the agent and the club.

I don't think playing in China is going to get you capped for Brasil, though.

But if he wants to do that, te salud.

• Like 1

Kraft is a miser :lol:

Wait til Brady goes, we'll see how long he's "the best owner in sports".

Meh, he'd of kept Kenny and let him get on with it without interference. Thus saving us from Rodgers. Silver linings. 

But regardless. Had our fill of American owners who promise the Earth then do the complete opposite. 

Hail. 

*Edit* Give this lad a pat on the back. Boss that (Again, can't put up the image down to the darn forum rules on certain sites so linking the twitter): 

My new banner for Saturday. @LFC_Banners @SpionKop1906 @spiritofshankly @TheAnfieldWrap #WalkOutOn77

144 retweets129 likes

Retweet

More

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

After reading a multitude of arrogant, ignorant and naive to be kind, and to be more truthful absolutely gob****e moronic comments over night on various social media platforms along the likes of 'You don't have to pay the money/ Football's a business/ Go follow another club that's cheaper et all ..... from people that don't live in the harsh reality of my and many others World of actually following a football club all over Britain and Europe and all the MASSIVE sacrifices that entails on something that's the most important thing in many peoples lives outside their own faith and family; with more and more every passing year having that ripped away from them by nothing else but pure out and out greed by the clubs; seriously need to listen to TAW's podcast in particular.

EVERY football fan should take the time who cares about the single most important aspect of this game. Without whom there is NO football.

YOU!

Hail. 

*Edit* Oh yeah, almost forgot again. YANKS OUT!

I wonder if that's truly healthy level of obsession but regardless, if it's THAT important, you're going to have to pay for it.  You're right that fans are the single most important aspect of the game, but they consistently fail to leverage that power.  Sure, they grumble about ticket prices, etc., but as long as they keep queuing up to pay the asking price, they're only funding their own fleecing.  A walkout is nice and all, but a boycott would be better.  Look at the Redskins - when the 100K waitlist disappeared and Redskins tickets went from being the hottest ticket in town to something you could barely give away, Snyder started paying serious attention.  Where you see passion, ownership just sees gullibility. 

I wonder if that's truly healthy level of obsession but regardless, if it's THAT important, you're going to have to pay for it.  You're right that fans are the single most important aspect of the game, but they consistently fail to leverage that power.  Sure, they grumble about ticket prices, etc., but as long as they keep queuing up to pay the asking price, they're only funding their own fleecing.  A walkout is nice and all, but a boycott would be better.  Look at the Redskins - when the 100K waitlist disappeared and Redskins tickets went from being the hottest ticket in town to something you could barely give away, Snyder started paying serious attention.  Where you see passion, ownership just sees gullibility. 

I appreciate we're talking two completely different cultures, but following a football club is an unhealthy obsession for many. But it is what it is and it's something you're stuck with for life. You can[t just give it up or change to some cheaper club like you can anything else in life. And to continue to just pay what's asked down to that blind loyalty is to everyones detriment. The game is loosing more and more traditional fans every season who are having their life long loyalty and commitment ripped away from them by the new age bean counters now coming into the game. If you don't make a stand against the clubs exploiting that loyalty, what exactly is the point? Liverpool's supporters union have shown that if you stand together and fight what looks like a fruitless fight, you can bring about change. 

A walk out Saturday is just the start. Tickets are bought so you aren't going to organise much of a boycott at such short notice. We're pretty well adept at putting enough pressure on owners to bring about change/ force them out having played a large part in the previous clowns going. The calculated assault on all the major sponsors, Standard Chartered in particular, was just another facet of that. 

But as regards ticket prices here per se, this new mega buck TV deal could well be the tipping point Country wide. There's already been a lot of action the last few years trying to get prices down Country wide. The 'Twenty's Plenty' protests are a good example of Nationwide solidarity. With the Union at my own club being at the forefront of that. 

English football fans in general have sadly followed like sheep for FAR too long. Now, thy've MORE than had enough and the continued avarice when the clubs could in effect let everyone in for free and not be hit in the pocket with all the other riches that make up their income could well be the straw that broke the camels back. 

Hail. 

I appreciate we're talking two completely different cultures, but following a football club is an unhealthy obsession for many. But it is what it is and it's something you're stuck with for life. You can[t just give it up or change to some cheaper club like you can anything else in life. And to continue to just pay what's asked down to that blind loyalty is to everyones detriment. The game is loosing more and more traditional fans every season who are having their life long loyalty and commitment ripped away from them by the new age bean counters now coming into the game. If you don't make a stand against the clubs exploiting that loyalty, what exactly is the point? Liverpool's supporters union have shown that if you stand together and fight what looks like a fruitless fight, you can bring about change. 

A walk out Saturday is just the start. Tickets are bought so you aren't going to organise much of a boycott at such short notice. We're pretty well adept at putting enough pressure on owners to bring about change/ force them out having played a large part in the previous clowns going. The calculated assault on all the major sponsors, Standard Chartered in particular, was just another facet of that. 

But as regards ticket prices here per se, this new mega buck TV deal could well be the tipping point Country wide. There's already been a lot of action the last few years trying to get prices down Country wide. The 'Twenty's Plenty' protests are a good example of Nationwide solidarity. With the Union at my own club being at the forefront of that. 

English football fans in general have sadly followed like sheep for FAR too long. Now, thy've MORE than had enough and the continued avarice when the clubs could in effect let everyone in for free and not be hit in the pocket with all the other riches that make up their income could well be the straw that broke the camels back. 

Hail. 

If English fans take a strong stand on ticket prices, good for them and best of luck to 'em.  On this side of the pond, it's nice to see at least a few NFL fans waking up to how they're getting fleeced by billionaire owners, and some municipalities are actually getting reluctant to hand owners hundreds of millions of public dollars to build stadiums.  I can only hope this trend continues. 

I don't know that our country's sports cultures are all that different.  Certainly, when it comes to college and professional (American) football, we have more than our fair share of unhealthy obsessives.  SEC football fandom defies most rational explanations. 

Teixeira sold.  50m.  Absolutely ludicrous price for his services.  Not to mention he has just sold his soul to the chinese devil...

This, and Jackson Martinez, staggers me. 

I mean greedy players chasing the money is nothing new at all. 

But why, at 26, when you claim to want out of the Ukraine to move to a major European league to heighten your chances of playing for Brazil the next World Cup (possibly your last ever chance); would you then agree to in effect fall of the face of the footballing landscape in such an embryonic league that will never rival what it wants no matter how much money it pumps in?

More fool him. I hope the money's worth it. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Arsenal fans are flipping out over a new surcharge on their tickets.

These clubs have some ****ing nerve man.

Absolute disgrace: Arsenal surcharge season ticket holders for Barcelona tie | Arseblog News - the Arsenal news site

And what's the connecting factor yet again? A majority American owner. 

Enough is ENOUGH!

Hail. 

Wait. WHAT?

Hail. 

Some journos not connected to the club or the city are reporting that.

Arsenal fans are flipping out over a new surcharge on their tickets.

These clubs have some ****ing nerve man.

I mean, real talk... Barca would destroy anyone in the PL.  And Aresenal want to charge extra for the viewing? :lol:

You are definitely right about owners man.  Out of control with these ticket prices.

• Like 1

http://www.espnfc.com/german-bundesliga/story/2800796/dietmar-hamann-warns-bundesliga-not-to-copy-premier-league

Former Liverpool and Manchester City player Dietmar Hamann does not believe the money pouring into the Premier League will improve its quality.

Writing in kicker, the 42-year-old warned the Bundesliga not to follow the example of England's top flight and to instead continue to focus on "good management," much like clubs such as Borussia Monchengladbach and Augsburg have done in the past.

German football has braced itself for the Premier League's new big-money television deal -- worth £5 billion and kicks in next season -- which "poses a great threat to all other European leagues," according to Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. <rest at link>

So, for those here who mock the ownership policy of the BL, note that their fans don't need to walk out on  matches to keep prices down.  They don't need to have supporters groups rally around to get owners sent out.  

Most importantly, even though you don't understand this system, the fans really do own the majority of the BL sides, so the type of ticket price rises DO NOT happen there.

Edited by btfoom

I appreciate we're talking two completely different cultures, but following a football club is an unhealthy obsession for many. But it is what it is and it's something you're stuck with for life. You can[t just give it up or change to some cheaper club like you can anything else in life. 

I know we're not going to change each other's mind, but why the hell not? 

You were arbitarily born in Liverpool, arguably came into awareness in a day and age where LFC were the hot thing around. You could have just as easily been an everton fan. 

There's nothing regarding "identity" to how teams are chosen here. A lot of people my age were/are Milan and United fans because those were the hot teams growing up and had tv exposure here. The kids I coach now are mostly Barca/Real/Chelsea/Bayern/City fans. So you're supposed to keep a team for life that was chosen arbitrarily or for frivolous reasons at a young age? A LOT of people ditch their wives, their religion, their political affiliation, nationality, or careers. But somehow the sports team is sacred.

To me, that's "bollocks". 

I don't root for/cheer for the Redskins anymore because I don't like the way Danny runs the team. My family settled in DC in our last Super Bowl year—that made it easy. 

Why let the decisions and performances of grown men like Henry, Rodgers/Klopp, or the players consume so much of your psychological bandwidth? 

This type of debate never ends well. Just because you can't understand how someone else "fans" doesn't mean you need to question it.

It depends on a variety of factors.

I saw an Arsenal fan say that winning the title wasn't important to him after the game Saturday. I thought that was the single dumbest thing I've ever seen...but I had to respect it because it was his opinion and that's how he fans

GHH is a fanatic. He can't just walk away.

I was born into the Skins. I grew up in the shadow of the stadium. I can't just walk away. I've tried lol. You can't just explain it my friend

I know we're not going to change each other's mind, but why the hell not? 

You were arbitarily born in Liverpool, arguably came into awareness in a day and age where LFC were the hot thing around. You could have just as easily been an everton fan. 

There's nothing regarding "identity" to how teams are chosen here. A lot of people my age were/are Milan and United fans because those were the hot teams growing up and had tv exposure here. The kids I coach now are mostly Barca/Real/Chelsea/Bayern/City fans. So you're supposed to keep a team for life that was chosen arbitrarily or for frivolous reasons at a young age? A LOT of people ditch their wives, their religion, their political affiliation, nationality, or careers. But somehow the sports team is sacred.

To me, that's "bollocks". 

You just described Henry/ Kroenke and others of their ilk's ideal.  That's EXACTLY the type of person they want following something they owned. A 'customer.'

Which if you could just flip teams is exactly what you are as you where never a 'fan' to begin with. 

Hail. 

Leaflet's being handed out the ground/ pubs tomorrow from Spion Kop 1906. There can be NO excuse for not walking. We need to show solidarity together. But we know many won't and that's a continued major problem in itself. 

CacSQJcWIAAeuwz.jpg

Biggest game of the year by FAR for me tomorrow. Not on the park in terms of points or performance. But off it with the first shots of a new battle being fired across a new set of American's bows. The club started down the slippery path years back of eroding everything we hold dear about Liverpool FC. Slowly but surely FSG and Ayre are putting the final nail in that. Customers not supporters and a price hike out of all reality to both where the team currently are and the mega riches flooding in from elsewhere is the final straw. It's our duty to let them know we won't tolerate this any longer. This will get messy but we've been down this road before. 

Forza 77!

Hail. 

See, that's respectable—now if you do it 13/14 more times then I think they will hear the message. But if Klopp and management were to put together several wins—everyone would be back in those seats. Or someone else would. 

Here's my "argument" GHH. Fandom became a one way street. Jack Kent Cooke built a new stadium to fit more fans. Snyder started introducing things like obstructed views, un-fan friendly parking policies etc. Under JKC, probably because of the wins, it felt good to be a fan but he also wasn't a dick about it. 

Why give undying allegiance to something that's not pledging undying allegiance to you? Like you said, they're just extracting money. 

As annoying as Steeler's fans can be, I feel that the Steelers org actually understands that symbiosis better than most franchises. 

Edited by Elessar78

Despite being told yesterday that TV would bring in £8.3 billion over the next three years, Premiership clubs rejected a proposal to cap away ticket's at £30. (14 votes are needed for a proposal to be passed.). It's a secret ballot at that so individual clubs don't even have the balls to let it be known they're the ones repeatedly raping fans. 

It will be back on the PL agenda in March, but to every PL club that voted against it, no doubt my own included, you're all an absolute ****house disgrace. Enough is ENOUGH!

#pureunadulteratedavaricetothehandthatfeeds

Hail. 

Why give undying allegiance to something that's not pledging undying allegiance to you? Like you said, they're just extracting money. 

You're presuming following a sports team and 'real World' logic go hand in hand. 

You're not there for the players/ manager/ owners whom ever. They just happen to be a part of a particular team in the clubs history. You're there for the CLUB. And often your club is handed down to you through generation to generation. And rightly or wrongly, it often is the most important thing in a fans life outside of their own faith and family. To the layman, it's incomprehensible to think something that is ostensibly part of the entertainment industry and what doesn't give a flying F about you could have such a hold on a persons soul. But being a fan of a sports team is like NOTHING else I can think of in life. And if you're brought up and steeped in that culture from an early age, it never leaves you. Priorities change as you mature and get older naturally. But that love for YOUR team and the importance it still has on you never does. 

And clubs know that and for FAR too long now have just exploited that unwavering loyalty because they know how differently removed the relationship between fan and team is from anything else in life. A fan can't just change teams if he's dissatisfied like a consumer could a certain store. There's no logic to it. It just is what it is. 

And when that loyalty get's exploited too far through pure greed, then it's time to stand up and fight back. 

Hail. 

You just described Henry/ Kroenke and others of their ilk's ideal.  That's EXACTLY the type of person they want following something they owned. A 'customer.'

No, a "customer" would be driven away by higher ticket prices, and find some other way to spend their entertainment dollars (or pounds).  Greedy owners want the hardcore fans, the kind of fan who is not sensitive to price increases and who will still be there if the team is awful.  Basically, greedy owners are looking to exploit your loyalty as a weakness to be used against you. 

• Like 1