Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

If anyone in here follows MLS and especially DCU, I started a thread about this season today.

I'll be in once the season starts my friend 

Robbie from Arsenal Fan TV collaborates a lot and he always seems a genuinely nice guy. 

Honestly fearing a serious doing off Arsenal tonight all things presently considered with our limited selection woes. 

Hoping for the best and believing in Klopp as always. 

But fearing the worst. 

That said, if it came down to you or Utd Sunday I'd gladly lose to yuse tonight. 

Here's to a really exciting game and most importantly, NO MORE FRIGGING INJURIES!  :angry: .

Hail. 

Yeah hopefully.

I think this is/should be a winnable game (no disrespect to LFC intended) but winning this game and the Stoke one Sunday is something champions do....and Arsenal has to prove that to me lol. Beating City pretty well was a nice start though.

Add the fact that weird **** always happens at Anfield and yeah.

I'll be in once the season starts my friend 

Excellent. Glad to see a little bit of interest. Obviously until the CCL matches in a few weeks, the draft and stadium are the only real big topics. But I was hoping to see if it would drum up any interest. Figured there are threads for virtually all of the other local teams but I didn't see anything about DCU. Figured why not.

Edited by jpage520

Won the battle to keep the Exeter replay off the telly on Tuesday or Thursday. It's next Wednesday at 8 PM. (3 PM EST). Shame for Exeter to miss out on more TV money but it was an absolute disgrace to have the first game on a Friday night to start with and with Utd Sunday, and Norwich a week Saturday dinner, Tuesday or Thursday in between was never happening. 

West Ham will be the Sat'day the next round but half 5. (12:30 PM EST.).  Live on BT. 

Hail. 

Lot's of good vids on Arsenal Fan Tv and Redmen TV on Youtube. 

Not sure I feel too strongly about this game but hope for a good match.

Toure will probably score the winner from 35 yards out. 

Those two groups get along pretty well.  Kinda like us in a way :lol:

I'm not confident at all about this one.  I'll also be in and out for work, but I'm here now.

We always do seem to get something from the Anfield tie, but I'm just not feeling it's so right now with how spackled over we are at the moment.  We'll see.  I'm here and I'm hopeful.

Ward on the bench. Bye bye Bogdan. 

Nice knowing yer. NOT!

Great to see him act swiftly on at least one of the 'keepers. 

Hail. 

Arguably cost us two games... 3 if you count the reverse fixture for this FA Cup match... he just looks pathetic.  No need to spend time on him any further, though.

Good job, Jurgy! 

I see Firmino up top... so I'm not looking for him to get in, but at least to create movement.  A goal or two in the Kop end won't upset me in the least.

• Like 1

Looking for liverpool to take some points here.  Anything to keep the table muddled giving CFC opportunities to rise!

I'd be surprised by the former, and shocked by the latter :lol:

No way the current 4 drop them many unless both LC and Spurs pull a Spurs.

• Like 1

I'd be surprised by the former, and shocked by the latter :lol:

No way the current 4 drop them many unless both LC and Spurs pull a Spurs.

Not sure LC has the guns to carry on this way the rest of the year.  Spurs possibly stay up, but anything can happen!  I think LC for sure is out of top 4 by year's end.  

OYHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET THE **** IN ROBBIE!!!!!!

I see Firmino up top... so I'm not looking for him to get in, but at least to create movement.  A goal or two in the Kop end won't upset me in the least.

or the Anfield Road end... AND the Kop end :P

Another let in off the corner. 

Mignolet is absolute ****... all of our Keepers are.

Have to head back to work.

• Like 1

That's why they'll never win

If we could even fundamentally defend you would of lost so be happy with that outcome from an absolutely awesome game of football. 

Fantastically fun night. Great effort in adversity and a well deserved point that could well of been 3. Taken him long enough but when Firmino turns up boy does he turn up! Thought Milner had his best game thus far down the left. Ibe needs to sort out his end product. You're a regular now kid. No 'still developing' excuses. Need more from yer. The downside was Sakho and Toure all over the place at the back and Mingolet's positioning as bad as ever. And it became disjointed the final third when Benteke came on and stood like a ****ing mong the edge of the box as per. All the more bizarre to not move again as it was ****ing freezing in the sleet and snow. 

And Klopp's celebrations ..... How can anyone NOT love that fella'? Utterly brilliant. 

Really proud of the players and all credit to Arsenal for contributing to a brilliant game of football. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

That's why they'll never win

Just finished the second half (late day at work).

The Giroud goal was brilliant.  The first two goals... let's be honest about 80% of the professional keepers in the world and their chances of making those saves.  I'd say worst case it's 3-2 at the end there with Liverpool on top, though we all know the game would've played out differently had saves been made, so who really knows?

I do know that we don't have a championship winning keeper in the side right now, as much as I've defended Mignolet in the past I just can't anymore.

Hell of a game.

• Like 1

And Klopp's celebrations ..... How can anyone NOT love that fella'? Utterly brilliant. 

Really proud of the players and all credit to Arsenal for contributing to a brilliant game of football. 

Hail. 

How good was the boy today?  Just his MOVEMENT completely opens up the attack.  I'm telling you. I'd be willing to cut our losses on Benteke if Chelsea were to offer up something that we could turn into a player or two... I've had it.

And Emre and Hendo were just what we said they'd be last year!  If only Matip could come... ****ing Shalke act like he's going to be the difference for them... get something for him geez! :lol:

And yes, you've been right all along on Mignolet.  You even said "meh" after his debut pen save against Stoke back in 13.  Uncle Steve was convinced he was drunk today... started making Belgian jokes that I won't repeat on here.

• Like 1

What the hell do these buffoons even do in training? You know what Klopp's plan is. It's like they have never been pressed before. Then you take the only guy with any ****ing dribbling ability out while leading in Ozil.

Could have easily killed that off. For as bad as we defended, you guys got every generous bounce. We missed easy chances or just ****ed up counter attacks in general.