Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Of all the teams to support, why did I choose Liverpool???

So you can sing and dance to the Kolo song .....  

See, even the players (in Dubai to send Steven off) know!

Not sure why they're singing Yaya as well, but just how hilarious is that? :lol:. Gerrard leading them at the front is boss. 

Hail. 

I've had zero chance to digest today's news outside of an early (and I mean like - 5:30am) morning text from my brother about the initial raid.

I'm watching a rather decently listed City side dominate MLS's Toronto FC.  No goals yet about half hour in.  Basically City's A-side minus Aguerro, Zabaleta, and Hart.

Apparently there is a special on later tonight with the E60 fellas, so I'll half pay attention to that and half pay attention to Nats-Cubs.

If you aren't trolling GHH with that question you need to hand in your Arsenal fan card.

Fair enough, but considering I was ten years old and growing up in a country with only 10 more years to go before they got semi-regular broadcasts of matches . . .

I was a United fan in my early teens because that was the only soccer news I could get even come across. But then spent some time in my late teens in France and ended up following Zidane and Henry and therefore Arsenal.

Thanks for the info though 

For some good soccer news!!

My son's KSSL (Kentucky Select Soccer League) Premier Division (top in KSSL) U13 CKSC Lightning won the season championship tonight with a win over the #3 ranked team!

Here were the standings:

#1 LSA (Louisville) finished the season with 24 points.

#2 CKSC Lightning went into tonight's season finale with 22 points

#3 Oldham went into tonight's season finale with 20 points.

With a loss we fall to 3rd, a tie and we stay in 2nd and a win and they clinch the championship!

They finished tonight's match with a 3-1 win over Oldham to seize the championship!!!

We are so proud of our boys and the way they played all season, we are especially excited that they beat the LSA team for the championship because that team is almost universally terrible sportsmen. After the game the Oldham coach even came up to our team and said that he was glad they won tonight so that LSA wouldn't win the championship!!

Needless to say we all went out for a celebration dinner and while at Applebees we saw the Oldham coach come in, he noticed our gathering and went straight to a karaoke machine that was set up and announced his congratulations to our boys for winning the state championship over his own team! He then called our boys over and had them sing Queen's "We are the Champions!" It was honestly one of the coolest gestures of sportsmanship I've ever seen. Just very very very cool!

18157664946_28b9a8f8e5_z.jpg

18184163145_abcfd0c075_z.jpg

• Like 8

ErBXy7B.jpg

uQsVDsO.jpg

I wanted to play FIFA 15 but I couldn't due to a corrupted file ! :ph34r:

The human toll of FIFA’s corruption

In sum, the Guardian put the total Qatar death toll of workers from Nepal, India andBangladesh at 964 in 2012 and 2013........

According to Amnesty International 441 workers died in 2014.

In Qatar modern slavery is promoted through Kafala (the employee is at the mercy of his employer), confiscation of passports, extreme weather conditions and poor housing are the daily lives of many of these migrant workers whose associations believe they will have a nearly 4,000 killed by the end of the work. India also deplored last December the death of 450 of its nationals on these sites.

Edited by FrFan

@ASF - Congrats to your son's team!  That's great!

Re sportsmanship and youth coaches, when I coached my son's team, I once saw an opposing coach thrown off the field by a (rather overzealous) ref because the coach wouldn't stop arguing a call.  The truly funny part was, the call (offsides) was against MY team, not HIS (and the other coach was right - it was a bad call).  After the game, he apologized to me and explained that he didn't want the boys to learn offsides incorrectly, a call which American refs frequently get wrong.  I found the whole situation quite amusing. 

• Like 1

@ASF - Congrats to your son's team!  That's great!

Re sportsmanship and youth coaches, when I coached my son's team, I once saw an opposing coach thrown off the field by a (rather overzealous) ref because the coach wouldn't stop arguing a call.  The truly funny part was, the call (offsides) was against MY team, not HIS (and the other coach was right - it was a bad call).  After the game, he apologized to me and explained that he didn't want the boys to learn offsides incorrectly, a call which American refs frequently get wrong.  I found the whole situation quite amusing. 

Now, that is something you don't see every day! I love stories like this because all too often the few bad apples give everyone else a bad reputation. We've had some pretty bizarre games this year with a couple teams that didn't quite understand sportsmanship or for that matter basic humanity, and until last night those might have colored the season for us differently, but after last night we really were able to refocus off the negative and look at all the great things that happened this past season.

You can do one too bollocks!

QUADRUPLE HUMPH!  :angry:.

Hail.

I watched it live. It still hurts.

Fair enough, but considering I was ten years old and growing up in a country with only 10 more years to go before they got semi-regular broadcasts of matches . . .

I was a United fan in my early teens because that was the only soccer news I could get even come across. But then spent some time in my late teens in France and ended up following Zidane and Henry and therefore Arsenal.

Thanks for the info though

No excuses. And explaining it that you 'used to be a Man United fan'. There are no words.

• Like 1

After the game, he apologized to me and explained that he didn't want the boys to learn offsides incorrectly, a call which American refs frequently get wrong.

Americans could start by getting the name right. Offsides is ice hockey.

England could learn a thing or two as well.  Football is played by the Washington Redskins, not Arsenal FC. ;)

'Football' is only an appropriate name for the game because of the performance of the Washington Redskins in recent seasons ... punting a lot and field goals are the best chance of getting points on the board.

• Like 1

Blather currently speaking opening the FIFA Congress is priceless.

Hypocrisy isn't the word.

Hail.

Everybody is jumping on the capo di capi, but he is not one of those arrested or facing charges by U.S. authorities ! :wacko::P

NYT: After Indicting 14 Soccer Officials, U.S. Vows to End Graft in FIFA

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/28/sports/soccer/fifa-officials-arrested-on-corruption-charges-blatter-isnt-among-them.html?_r=1

Hours after Swiss authorities arrived unannounced at a Zurich hotel and arrested top FIFA officials early Wednesday morning, the Justice Department and prosecutors for the Eastern District of New York forcefully declared that their investigation had only just begun and pledged to rid the international soccer organization of systemic corruption.

“These individuals and organizations engaged in bribery to decide who would televise games, where the games would be held, and who would run the organization overseeing organized soccer worldwide,” said Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch, who supervised the investigation from its earliest stages, when she was the United States attorney for the Eastern District of New York. “They did this over and over, year after year, tournament after tournament.”

And then today-

Goaltv:

Michel Platini does not want to pull UEFA out of FIFA competitions, but says the European body would be open to all options.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1786/fifa/2015/05/28/12178522/platini-says-uefa-will-meet-next-week-to-discuss-options?ICID=HP_BN_1

Michel Platini has suggested that UEFA will consider all options should Sep Blatter be re-elected as FIFA's head man on Friday, but claims he would rather not be put in a position to pull UEFA out of FIFA competitions. 

FIFA has been enveloped by controversy after nine of its officials were among 14 individuals to have been indicted by the United States Department of Justice regarding allegations of racketeering, conspiracy and corruption, with seven of those charged arrested in Zurich on Wednesday.

Despite the uproar, president Platini confirmed that UEFA is not planning to snub Friday's presidential elections - in which Blatter is seeking a fifth term in office - and he stated that the majority of UEFA members will back rival candidate Prince Ali bin Al Hussein.

The Frenchman also confirmed that UEFA withdrawing from future FIFA tournaments is a possibility, but that he hopes it will not come to that.

"UEFA associations will meet in Berlin next week. We will be open to all options," Platini responded when asked if he would consider boycotting FIFA competitions.

"There may be proposals. I honestly don't wish that."

Platini also stated that he would not accept UEFA losing a spot at football's marquee tournament, adding: "That's a red line that will not be crossed."

And finally just this am-

https://twitter.com/MessiMinutes/status/603949241397092355

Looks like Jack Warner is taking a plea bargain. Just told journalists that he'll reveal info to indict Sepp Blatter.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!