Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Cowboys offensive lines springing leaks

tr1

They need to step their **** up point blank. After re watching the game the 1st and 2nd team offensive line are playing pathetic.

The Defense is playing lights up so far and I expect the D to continue playing lights out.

However, you cannot expect the defense to be the 85 Bears or the 2000 Ravens. A lot of the offensive struggles in the Red zone has been the offensive line's fault. Bone headed holding penalties, missed blocks (including years past) are the main ingredient for failing so bad in the red zone.

The season is contingent on the Offensive line. All of the ingredients in the pot are there for success ... the shelf life for the offensive line could however be the ingredient that makes the pot go sour.

That o-line has some serious issues.

Colombo reminds me of Jon Jansen circa 2006, 2007. Injuries have taken a toll

Free needs help on his side and is still unbalanced.

You never know what you'll get from Gurode, and now it appears Leonard Davis as well.

That o-line has been the cause of failure for that team in the 2007 playoff loss to the Giants, the 2008 failure of a season, and the 2009 playoff ass kicking at the hands of the Vikings. And little has been done to improve it except allow it to get older

I am a fan of the game :). Even if Dallas wins/loses I am here to talk football. I love the game.

Well with the way the line has been playing I dunno what Dallas is going to do to fix it. This is dating back to last year so and I think it's over the point of them stepping up. I think it's time or it has been time for someone to move off the line. But who am I kidding here I'm kool with it the way it is! :ols:

If they identify that the tackles need help they'll scheme for it.

Why did we waste our 1st round draft pick on an OT if we could have just schemed our way into pass protection? Because you can't.

Also, you can absolutely bash and take pleasure in Cowboy failures no matter what success or failures the Redskins have. Why some members can't fathom that is a mystery.

Why did we waste our 1st round draft pick on an OT if we could have just schemed our way into pass protection? Because you can't.

The same way we (should have) won against the eventual Super Bowl champions last year. We surrendered 0 sacks against the blitz happy Saints defense with friggin' Levi Jones at left tackle and passed for 350+ yards and 3 TD's. Sorry man, but you can scheme to prevent sacks/pressures.

We needed a stud LT so we can actually use our TE's and RB's in the passing game. Now you only hope they won't have to stay in or chip as much in pass pro.

Yeah sorry about that - I had Wade's stats sorted backwards. The point still remains. You can surrender sacks and still win a lot of games.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm just as eager to see them fail as any other Skins fan :D

In the regular season you're taking a risk. While it is possible to get sacked and win, its more the exception, not the rule.

In the postseason if you can't protect, you're toast.

Yeah he might wanted to pack this with him. lol :ols:/QUOTE]

Well played :ols:

Orakpo and Carter will definitely benefit from the Cowboys o-line weakness, but the D-ends and NT's will definitely be able to blow up the pocket and get to Romo sits to pee too if they keep playing like this.

I wouldn't think TOO much of it, except that I already thought the left side of their OL would be a weakness, AND they gave up 3 sacks to a rookie and a guy who had 7 sacks last season, not to say they won't be good, but they aren't going to be teaming up for multiple sacks in a couple drives at any other time this year.

It's not like they were facing a team with pro bowl caliber pass rushers. If I were Romo sits to pee, I'd be worried. Especially since he's facing Haynesworth, Orakpo, and Carter in his first week of the season. It could be a very very very long season for him. I honestly just hope he doesn't get injured. As much as I enjoyed watching Lavar sack Aikman, I didn't want him to get knocked out of the league.

tr1 is WAY too obsessed. I swear he'd rather have the Cowboys 0-16 than the Skins 19-0 :doh:

I bet he would be happiest if both were true.:D

I have too many Cowgirl fans in my life, and TR1 makes seeing them so much more enjoyable. I always know where to pour the salt after I read his threads.

The ATN would not be the same without TR1. I think this thread would get by just fine without your off topic comment, only written to take a shot at the OP. This thread is about the Cowpukes and the holes in their offensive line.

:dallasuck

Archived