Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Cowboys offensive lines springing leaks

tr1

Im around, and you are wrong. Free gave up ONE SACK, a coverage sack which even the announcers said wasnt his fault. Do you WATCH the games?

Yes I do and like I said ten times already, all you have to do is watch his feet and you can see him off balance. There were times he didn't give up a sack but Romo sits to pee was forced up in the pocket because of Free being off balance and being beat around the edge. It doesn't take a genius to see it just a smidge of football knowledge.

They shouldn't feel comfortable here.

Quick, get me their IPs! Lulz. j/k. Or is it? :evilg:

Who the hell calls themself a Skins fan while defending Dallas. That is an oxymoron and should never happen.

Can't believe there's Dallas trash lurking here. I hate Dallas. F! Dallas. Creates instant hostility in me.

It's nice to see the Dallas O falling apart. Can't wait for our D to beat on Romo sits to pee. Can't wait. I don't play nice and am hoping for an injury. That would be just awesome, crushing their season hopes on opening day - I would very much want a collection of their tears.

Quick, how many sacks did the fearsome Redskins defense have against the old and brittle Dallas Offensive line last year?

Answer: 2

None by Fat Albert, Orakpo, or Carter.

I predict that this thread will be brought back up again after week 1, similar to the many threads that were dredged back up last preseason. (see punts hitting scoreboard thread, lol)

Quick, how many sacks did the fearsome Redskins defense have against the old and brittle Dallas Offensive line last year?

I predict that this thread will be brought back up again after week 1, similar to the many threads that were dredged back up last preseason. (see punts hitting scoreboard thread, lol)

:rotflmao:

Thanks for showing up Kenny. I haven't seen too many puke fans around since that horrendous loss you took last night.

Oh, and do you have the NFL network. There's a game on tonight that might get your attention.

:ols:

BTW, with Flo gone, I suspect there will be a lot more sacks against that sorry o-line you field this year.

Different year, different coaches, different attitude.

:rotflmao:

Thanks for showing up Kenny. I haven't seen too many puke fans around since that horrendous loss you took last night.

Oh, and do you have the NFL network. There's a game on tonight that might get your attention.

:ols:

BTW, with Flo gone, I suspect there will be a lot more sacks against that sorry o-line you field this year.

Yeah, been suspended for a while...lol.

I have watched too many seasons of football to get upset about the 2nd preseason game for my cowboys in which there was 14 players who did not play. Regardless of the fact that Free gave up a sack in that ball game, he still looked very good. That sack had more to do with Kitna not stepping up than anything else.

Columbo....yup, I'm worried. It is very similar to me to when Jansen started slipping. Fortunately, we do have a guy in Barron who has started a bunch of NFL games to step in and a guy in Sam Young who looks like a Columbo clone...

I'm not worried about the Redskins, but they did look good tonight. I know our defense will crank it up week one and beat the heck out of McNabb....like they always do.

Columbo....yup, I'm worried. It is very similar to me to when Jansen started slipping. Fortunately, we do have a guy in Barron who has started a bunch of NFL games to step in and a guy in Sam Young who looks like a Columbo clone...

:ols::ols:

You can't be serious. Both those guys have looked terrible

Just finished watching the replay of the game. It looks to me that Columbo is finished. A lot of people worried about Free, but it was Columbo that got schooled by the Vikes in the playoffs last season. Cut!!

Good call, tr1. You deserve credit for that one. I knew that Columbo was a question mark going into the season, but I didn't think the inevitable decline would be this rapid. I was wrong about that.

Quick, when does last year's stats have anything to do with this year?

Answer: Never.

And what does this have to do with THIS year?

We Cowboys fans heard almost the same exact threats from Skins fans last year...

THAT's what...

You guys had 0 sacks against the Cowboys a year before, so at least your trending up...lol.

Free's about the only guy on the OL that I'm not worried about. Columbo definitely hasn't looked like his pre-broken leg self, and Gurode and Davis are kind of hit-and-miss when it comes to blocking LBs, in the run game and against the blitz. In addition to Ray Edwards coming around the corner on Columbo, they brought a lot of pressure up the middle, and the OL couldn't adjust. I'm pretty comfortable with Kosier, who's biggest weakness is a tendency to get bullrushed into the pocket. But you'll rarely see his guy getting a free release.

As far as depth, well, there isn't much. Barron has the size and the long arms and he's quick enough. I think what he's mainly lacking are strength and confidence. If he was a 22 y/o I'd say, coach him up and he'll be OK. But after 4 or 5 years in the league, he's probably all he can be at this point, which means the Cowboys are in trouble if he has to play. I had high hopes for Robert Brewster this season, but it doesn't look like he has the feet or the strength to play OT in the NFL. He's not going to make the roster. I had no hope for Sam Young and was mad as hell that they waited until the 6th round to draft OL, but his play has been surprisingly good. He won't be ready to fill in this year. Who else you wanna talk about? Montrae Holland? Scrub. Travis Bright? Scrub. Pat McQuistan? Ugly, red-headed scrub.

The Cowboys could still make a move to bring in some OL help.

I don't understand how the Cowboys think Robert Brewster can play tackle at all. He doesn't even have the build a tackle. He's what? 6'4, 320? What tackle have you seen that looks like that? He looks like an absolute blob out there on the edges. This isn't 1980.

Free's about the only guy on the OL that I'm not worried about. Columbo definitely hasn't looked like his pre-broken leg self, and Gurode and Davis are kind of hit-and-miss when it comes to blocking LBs, in the run game and against the blitz. In addition to Ray Edwards coming around the corner on Columbo, they brought a lot of pressure up the middle, and the OL couldn't adjust. I'm pretty comfortable with Kosier, who's biggest weakness is a tendency to get bullrushed into the pocket. But you'll rarely see his guy getting a free release.

As far as depth, well, there isn't much. Barron has the size and the long arms and he's quick enough. I think what he's mainly lacking are strength and confidence. If he was a 22 y/o I'd say, coach him up and he'll be OK. But after 4 or 5 years in the league, he's probably all he can be at this point, which means the Cowboys are in trouble if he has to play. I had high hopes for Robert Brewster this season, but it doesn't look like he has the feet or the strength to play OT in the NFL. He's not going to make the roster. I had no hope for Sam Young and was mad as hell that they waited until the 6th round to draft OL, but his play has been surprisingly good. He won't be ready to fill in this year. Who else you wanna talk about? Montrae Holland? Scrub. Travis Bright? Scrub. Pat McQuistan? Ugly, red-headed scrub.

The Cowboys could still make a move to bring in some OL help.

Hey, you're rational. I like you, stick around. :)

Like a fan watching his team play their first preseason game, I'm not sure you've seen enough to judge. But thanks. I try to take off the silver and blue glasses when on a rival's board. :)

Actually, with the exception of one puke poster, there's an abundant amount of rationality in this thread.

Welcome.

Actually, with the exception of one puke poster, there's an abundant amount of rationality in this thread.

Welcome.

What is rational about making broad generalizations based on 2 series in a preseason game?

If that's rational, then I'm assuming that Spurrier won the Super Bowl his first year in Washington, correct? They were undefeated and dominated everyone that preseason, so this statement must be true.

Archived