Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Cowboys offensive lines springing leaks

tr1

Yes I do and like I said ten times already, all you have to do is watch his feet and you can see him off balance. There were times he didn't give up a sack but Romo sits to pee was forced up in the pocket because of Free being off balance and being beat around the edge. It doesn't take a genius to see it just a smidge of football knowledge.

Come on, that's asking for a bit much, isn't it? :ols:

What is rational about making broad generalizations based on 2 series in a preseason game?

If that's rational, then I'm assuming that Spurrier won the Super Bowl his first year in Washington, correct? They were undefeated and dominated everyone that preseason, so this statement must be true.

If you are comparing the old ball coach to shanahan then that is an epic fail. Lets base this years preseasons games to other games this year, not this years cowboy games to redskins games 3 coaches ago.

:dallasuck

If you are comparing the old ball coach to shanahan then that is an epic fail. Lets base this years preseasons games to other games this year, not this years cowboy games to redskins games 3 coaches ago.

:dallasuck

He's doing no such thing. He's extrapolating results from two pre-season games the same way other posters are, only he's doing it to show the absurdity of their claims.

I don't understand how the Cowboys think Robert Brewster can play tackle at all. He doesn't even have the build a tackle. He's what? 6'4, 320? What tackle have you seen that looks like that? He looks like an absolute blob out there on the edges. This isn't 1980.

He won't play Tackle during the Season or in the future. Sam Young and Alex Barron will be the back ups at Tackles.

With the Redskins at least showing promise in their lone preseason game, I think we can all safely say that all four teams in the NFCE are legitimate contenders.

That leaves the division with no team to beat. This league evolves far too fast for their to be a team that is regularly ahead of the pack year in and year out. Occasionally, 2-3 teams will be below average, leaving the remaining team looking a lot stronger than they actually are, such as the Patriots and Eagles recently. But now that all teams are caught up to speed, each team is going to have to claw its way to a title, which will only make them that much more dangerous come playoff time, assuming they don't kill themselves fighting each other during the regular season.

What is rational about making broad generalizations based on 2 series in a preseason game?

Kenny, I didn't write the article.

Puke fandom is in a panic. The SB bound pukes are struggling to score a TD with their first unit, and that o-line is not looking 'super.'

These are just the facts, Kenny.

Stay with me.

Courage.

It's so bizarre to see how this whole offseason, all you heard from Cowboys haters is how the national media was crowning the Cowboys the SB champs and all Cowboys fans were eating the cheese. Yet, here we are at the early part of preseason and look which teams around the league are already jumping on their own cheese bandwagon! So bizarre!

It's so bizarre to see how this whole offseason, all you heard from Cowboys haters is how the national media was crowning the Cowboys the SB champs and all Cowboys fans were eating the cheese. Yet, here we are at the early part of preseason and look which teams around the league are already jumping on their own cheese bandwagon! So bizarre!

This is a poor attempt at refuting the obvious: Puke fans think their team is SB bound, all of their scrubs deserve the pro-bowl and their rookie draft choices are super-stars without playing a single down in a regular season game.

After a success in a preseason game, Skins fans are just happy to think they won't bear a repeat of that horrible nightmare of a season of last year.

Now, can you see the difference?

:doh:

This is a poor attempt at refuting the obvious: Puke fans think their team is SB bound, all of their scrubs deserve the pro-bowl and their rookie draft choices are super-stars without playing a single down in a regular season game.

After a success in a preseason game, Skins fans are just happy to think they won't bear a repeat of that horrible nightmare of a season of last year.

You guys played good, no doubt about it. I just don't see how you can say the Cowboys are going to struggle this year after two preseason games. I'd hate to see this place if the Cowboys came out and dominated one of these meaningless games.

You guys played good, no doubt about it. I just don't see how you can say the Cowboys are going to struggle this year after two preseason games. I'd hate to see this place if the Cowboys came out and dominated one of these meaningless games.

The Cowboys season rests on two things, the OL and the coaching. So far the coaching has not recognized the importance of a quality OL. As that was the downfall last year it is easy to look to that as precursor to this season. Doug Free was a question mark, Columbo moreso. Hey maybe they are just laying low for pre-season, IDK. But this is a trend that is developing here and I like it.

Nothing is going to be better than Romo sits to pee constantly under pressure, we all know how he handles that.

You won't hear me saying that we are super bowl bound.

I certainly like our chances this year, but anything can happen. I learned a long time ago not to expect anything in an NFL season.

The Cowboys season rests on two things, the OL and the coaching. So far the coaching has not recognized the importance of a quality OL. As that was the downfall last year it is easy to look to that as precursor to this season. Doug Free was a question mark, Columbo moreso. Hey maybe they are just laying low for pre-season, IDK. But this is a trend that is developing here and I like it.

Nothing is going to be better than Romo sits to pee constantly under pressure, we all know how he handles that.

Rests on a lot more than that.

We have to stay relatively healthy. We have to improve our Redzone offense and our defense has to move into the top 5 echelon in the NFL.

Its amazing that no one talked about the first preseason game where the first O didn't give up any sacks....go figure.

I guess we will give up like 6 sacks a game this year...

Marc Colombo carted off practice field........ Apparent knee injury. Saw on the Cowgirls board.

Sorry to hear this, but his career is pretty much over anyway.

Puke fans, however, thought he was pro-bowl material.

Look for Davis to move to tackle...look for a disaster.

The Cowboys are screwed if this is serious. More than they already were...

Source: http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blogs/rob_phillips.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userid=e062d34a-fb8f-4a56-ba5a-fb802447d7f5&plckPostId=Blog%3ae062d34a-fb8f-4a56-ba5a-fb802447d7f5Post%3ae074f204-0de1-49cb-b984-3fd76ddc4031&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Colombo To Have MRI For Knee Injury

Posted by rphillips at 8/15/2010 7:28 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

Starting offensive tackle Marc Colombo left Sunday's afternoon practice in a cart with a right knee injury apparently suffered at some point during practice, and will have an MRI for further examination.

Colombo missed seven games last year with a fractured fibula and a high ankle sprain suffered Nov. 15 against Green Bay. He returned in time for the playoffs and entered training camp healthy, too.

Rookie Sam Young replaced Colombo at right tackle. Robert Brewster has worked there, but he has moved to the left side while swing tackle Alex Barron recovers from a sprained ankle.

If Colombo must miss any time, the Cowboys will be without two of their top three tackles. Barron is rehabbing but his status is uncertain for the Aug. 21 game at San Diego.

];7702119']With the Redskins at least showing promise in their lone preseason game' date=' I think we can all safely say that all four teams in the NFCE are legitimate contenders.

That leaves the division with no team to beat. This league evolves far too fast for their to be a team that is regularly ahead of the pack year in and year out. Occasionally, 2-3 teams will be below average, leaving the remaining team looking a lot stronger than they actually are, such as the Patriots and Eagles recently. But now that all teams are caught up to speed, each team is going to have to claw its way to a title, which will only make them that much more dangerous come playoff time, assuming they don't kill themselves fighting each other during the regular season.[/quote']

I'm sorry, but the Skins and Eagles are not legit contenders imo...

They could sneak into the playoffs, possibly even take the division, but do not have a legit shot at going all the way, not this year....

And yes, Dallas is still the team to beat in this division, not that they can't be overtaken... Dallas sports the best QB, best receivers, best TE, best RB's, best defense, and best player (Ware) in the division.... You guys are sporting way too much wood over 1 preseason game....

Archived