Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Cowboys offensive lines springing leaks

tr1

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/08/cowboys-offensive-lines-spring.html

The Dallas Cowboys allowed six sacks in the exhibition loss to Oakland on Thursday and have given up 11 sacks in the first two exhibition games. The Cowboys allowed 42 sacks in 18 games, including the playoffs, last season.

Stephen McGee, the No. 3 quarterback, has taken four sacks while working with reserve offensive linemen. In this game, the Cowboys first-team offensive line gave up four sacks. That included three by the tackles Marc Colombo and Doug Free. Neither would respond to questions after the game.

``I can't really point out one thing,'' center Andre Gurode said. ``They had a good scheme. They did some things that bit us. We have to look at the areas we're making mistakes in and improve on those areas.''

I don't expect too many puke fans to attend this thread.

The cold hard truth about that o-line has smacked them hard in the face.

Too bad. The blow would have been softer had they listened to us.

Enjoy the dismal year, puke fans.

Anyone taking wagers as to which game Romo sits to pee takes the hit that ends his season?

Stats analyst: Cowboys won't win half of their games this season

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/081310dnspoblogcowoutsiders.49177301.html

03:38 PM CDT on Thursday, August 12, 2010

SportsDayDFW.com

Football Outsiders, a statistical analysis Website, predicts the Cowboys will have 7.5 wins this season

Bill Barnwell told ESPN three reasons why he expects the Cowboys to be a sub-.500 team:

"They're unlikely to be this healthy from year to year. This is something we brought up in 2008 that ended up being pretty key to Dallas's system. Then, Tony Romo sits to pee got hurt. Last year, DeMarcus Ware had that really nasty sprained neck, but the Cowboys doctors were able to amazingly get him back on the field six days later for the Saturday night game against the Saints that he just took over. I'm happy Ware was able to come back so quickly -- it's never good to see someone down on the field the way he was -- but the margin of error there is pretty slim. The Cowboys are a top-heavy team, and avoiding injuries to their stars is a dance they have to do each year.

"They have an extremely old offensive line, even with the arrival of Doug Free at left tackle. Old offensive lines like that tend to collapse, with a combination of injury and decline in performance. Free, although he's looked good in training camp, is also a question mark. (Then again, so was Flozell Adams.

"We're expecting the Redskins and Giants to play better in 2010, especially Washington. That makes Dallas's schedule more difficult."

Tony Romo sits to pee says his back is fine

August, 13, 2010 Aug 1312:06AM By Tim MacMahon

ARLINGTON, Texas – Tony Romo sits to pee swears he’s no worse for the wear after the Oakland Raiders sacked him three times in two possessions.

It appeared that Romo sits to pee experienced discomfort in his back as he sat on the bench the remainder of Thursday’s preseason loss. However, he dismissed a question about whether he tweaked his back.

“No, I’m fine,” Romo sits to pee said.

The Cowboys haven’t scored an offensive touchdown in their two preseason games. They have a pair of field goals in Romo sits to pee’s three possessions, but those scoring drives stalled once they reached the red zone.

The offense, on the other hand, needs some work.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallascowboys/post/_/id/4670639/tony-Romo sits to pee-im-fine?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

--------------------------------------------------------------

Normally I wouldn't say anything about this at all, but did anyone else see the sideline interview? The guy kneeled in front of Romo sits to pee marriage proposal style and Romo sits to pee sat there looking all kinds of uncomfortable while he answered questions. No smirky smile or anything out of Romo sits to pee. He seemed really serious. I mean, there was no pain grimace or anything, but it just struck me as odd that the guy had to kneel in front of him like that when it would have been a lot more natural for both to stand like all the other interviews. Maybe this is something to keep an eye on.

Barring injury I dont expect the O-line to be awful...

Really? Columbo is old and coming off a major injury...one of many he's had during his career.

And, as much as puke fans hate to admit it, Free needs help to be effective. It's no coincidence that the lack of TE help made that line look ORDINARY.

This sounds eerily similar to our preseason woes for the past three or four years. I could swear that all you'd have to do would be to substitute Redskins for Cowboys in these articles and you'd have the story of our preseasons - and thus seasons. I think that this is the year that offensive line troubles visit the Cowboys. It's going to be difficult for Romo sits to pee to play well when he's on his back - remember that one last year?

The cowgirls have no friggin idea what to expect from our new defensive scheme this year. It's going to be a slaughterfest.

Kemo at nose, Haynesworth to his right with a linebacker outside? Poor little Doug Free. Hope he can live with getting Romo sits to pee killed.

I don't expect too many puke fans to attend this thread.

The cold hard truth about that o-line has smacked them hard in the face.

Too bad. The blow would have been softer had they listened to us.

Enjoy the dismal year, puke fans.

Anyone taking wagers as to which game Romo sits to pee takes the hit that ends his season?

Hey, TR1....Like you always said......REMEMBER OSAKA ;)

Come on guys we're smarter than this. It's preseason. Just as Shanahan said you don't build a gameplan or scheme for preseason games. If they identify that the tackles need help they'll scheme for it. Injuries might factor in but I'm not ready to point and laugh at the cowgirls just yet. Besides, we still haven't seen how good or inept our team will look.

Come on guys we're smarter than this. It's preseason. Just as Shanahan said you don't build a gameplan or scheme for preseason games. If they identify that the tackles need help they'll scheme for it. Injuries might factor in but I'm not ready to point and laugh at the cowgirls just yet.
But at the same time, no coach is going to feel comfortable when their franchise QB gets sacked 3 times in 2 series just because they did not scheme for the other team. The OL should man up a little bit better than that if they are going to be successful.

Come on guys we're smarter than this. It's preseason. Just as Shanahan said you don't build a gameplan or scheme for preseason games. If they identify that the tackles need help they'll scheme for it. Injuries might factor in but I'm not ready to point and laugh at the cowgirls just yet. Besides, we still haven't seen how good or inept our team will look.

come on, get off it, what do the redskins have anything to do with this? go home, you are annoying, can't you just for one second rag on the girls? i will point and laugh at them every chance i get because.....i don't like them, apparently you don't want to make fun of them because you are a timid fan. but, wait a minute, what is fan short for? fanatic, a timid fanatic? unless you have something to say about the girls, please do not post in this thread, kthxbye!

But at the same time, no coach is going to feel comfortable when their franchise QB gets sacked 3 times in 2 series just because they did not scheme for the other team.

I agree with this 100%. Regardless if you scheme for it or not, you don't let your franchise QB get smacked in the mouth the way he did. In a pre-season game no doubt. To think otherwise is borderline idiotic.

blitzpackage, it works both ways.

the pukes probably didnt scheme to help the tackles, but at the same time, oakland didnt scheme and played with a vanilla defense. wait til the real bullets fly and teams scheme to attack the edges on the pukes.

But at the same time, no coach is going to feel comfortable when their franchise QB gets sacked 3 times in 2 series just because they did not scheme for the other team. The OL should man up a little bit better than that if they are going to be successful.

Good point. I guess we'll see but the Cowboys have proven the past few seasons with a 33-15 record under Wade that they can win regular season games and Flozell was mediocre. He allowed 15.25 sacks in the last 2 seasons and surrendered seven pressures and 34 QB hits last season alone. They won't be as good as Dallas fans think they'll be and they won't be as bad as Redskins fans think they'll be - somewhere in the middle sounds about right. :)

I agree with this 100%. Regardless if you scheme for it or not, you don't let your franchise QB get smacked in the mouth the way he did. In a pre-season game no doubt. To think otherwise is borderline idiotic.

Idiotic? Ok - read my reply above....Flozell gave up 7+ sacks last year, 7 pressures and 34 QB hits. Romo sits to pee was sacked a career high 34 times last season which ranked 14th in the league.

They were 13-3.

Archived