Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

everything you have wondered but were afraid to ask

joeknows

I have a question regarding vegetarians/vegans. I would assume that most vegans (and a lot of vegetarians) are repulsed by the idea of eating meat, because they think eating meat is wrong.

So if that's the case, why do they make all kinds of vegan/vegetarian food products that are designed to taste and look as close to meat as possible? Veggie burgers, meatless sausage, Tofurky, etc.

If eating meat is disgusting or unconscionable to you, would eating stuff that's designed to make you think it's actually meat be appealing to you? I would think vegan products should tell potential customers, "our food tastes NOTHING like meat!"

And if you think eating meat is unnatural, and not something humans should do...again, why do you want stuff that tries to taste like meat?

I have a question regarding vegetarians/vegans. I would assume that most vegans (and a lot of vegetarians) are repulsed by the idea of eating meat, because they think eating meat is wrong.

So if that's the case, why do they make all kinds of vegan/vegetarian food products that are designed to taste and look as close to meat as possible? Veggie burgers, meatless sausage, Tofurky, etc.

If eating meat is disgusting or unconscionable to you, would eating stuff that's designed to make you think it's actually meat be appealing to you? I would think vegan products should tell potential customers, "our food tastes NOTHING like meat!"

And if you think eating meat is unnatural, and not something humans should do...again, why do you want stuff that tries to taste like meat?

Because its the idea of keeping animals in captivity for the soul purpose of eating them that is the problem. Especially those factory farms where the animals are kept in tiny cages all day and don't have room to even turn around. Taste has nothing to do with the morality issue.

Because its the idea of keeping animals in captivity for the soul purpose of eating them that is the problem. Especially those factory farms where the animals are kept in tiny cages all day and don't have room to even turn around. Taste has nothing to do with the morality issue.

Ok, but what about the ones that claim that "meat is murder" without making a distinction at all, or the ones that only do it because "it's more healthy"?

Why is it that doctors and lawyers call what they do 'practice'?

Why do they call it a T.V. SET when you only get one?

Why do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke?

Why are there so many players if love is not a game?

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn the volume of the radio down?

Why do they make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get a prescription but the healthy people buy cigarettes at the front of the store?

Why do banks leave vault doors open and chain the pens to the counter?

Why is 'abbreviated" such a long word?

Why is a birthday cake the only food you can blow on and spit on and everybody rushes to get a piece?

Why does Jesus have a Mexican name if He was Jewish?

Why do they call it a CIVIL War?

Why do you always have to keep up with the Joneses?

Why is it great to be a man?

Why is it great to be a woman?

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

What does your mom do for a living?

How do you let your wife know that she is putting on too much weight?

How do you know when your wife is peeved?

Because he probably is new to the webs, bored, or not the age he claims.

What's the "webs"? Bored yes, and my age is really 78!

I get the humor, and appreciate it somewhat, But...

What ever point you were attempting to get a cross here just really made me sleepy. :yawn:

That really doesn't answer the question though, because vegans/vegetarians don't eat meat of any description, regardless of whether it's caught in the wild or kept in a cage.

Why is it that doctors and lawyers call what they do 'practice'?

Because they never actually get it right

Why do they call it a T.V. SET when you only get one?

Because you "set" it somewhere.

Why do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke?

Just for the taste of it.

Why are there so many players if love is not a game?

Because it is a game

Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn the volume of the radio down?

ADD

Why do they make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get a prescription but the healthy people buy cigarettes at the front of the store?

This way the sick get others sick so the store can sell more drugs

Why do banks leave vault doors open and chain the pens to the counter?

Because the bank owns the pens, the money in the vault belongs to others.

Why is 'abbreviated" such a long word?

To make up for all the missing letters.

Why is a birthday cake the only food you can blow on and spit on and everybody rushes to get a piece?

Do you really think other foods such as Steak should be subject to this practice?!?!

Why does Jesus have a Mexican name if He was Jewish?

Can't Mexicans be Jewish?

Why do they call it a CIVIL War?

They involve less aerial bombing.

Why do you always have to keep up with the Joneses?

Because O'Doyle Rules

Why is it great to be a man?

Because you can drink more beer.

Why is it great to be a woman?

Because men buy you beer.

What was the best thing before sliced bread?

A loaf of bread.

What does your mom do for a living?

Cooks

How do you let your wife know that she is putting on too much weight?

You don't, you just suggest healthier meals and offer to go for walks/runs.

How do you know when your wife is peeved?

You just know.

Archived