Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DCSB: Snyder takes responsibility for Zorn hiring (MUST READ!!!)

SkinsHokieFan

Gonna be hard for Danny now to ever have faith again in a rookie coach. That's a shame because the best coach for the Skins could still be an unproven guy one day. He can't always just hire hall of fame coaches for the rest of his ownership... at some point he'll need to take a chance again.

About damn time Dan. I still think he owes the fans a personal apology for the last 11 years

Some great great stuff in this interview with Hogs Haven. Outstanding interview

Dan's best quote?

"The front office has changed"

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/08/snyder_takes_responsibility_fo.html

Sorry but 11years is wrong.

He inherited Norvola who Jack and John Cooke gave way too long in being mediocre...sure firing midseason was wrong but he had to go.

Shotty was a good hire but he purge the team(good for the cap but when your starting QBs are Tony Banks and Kent Graham you can spend a bit more for talent).

Spurrier was seen as a coup and was lauded for years to get in the NFL...it failed and who knew SteveO was so anti-work ethic and long hours it takes in the NFL.

Gibbs and his staff was HUGE. it gave us two playoff appearance...not a failure but not what was expected due to history....and he left with a year left on his deal to all of our dismay.

After JJ in Dallas signed Garret as a O guru up and coming and before the HC, Danny pounced on Zorn for our O guru.....little did we know no HC would take the job even though after Gregg wasn't given the job we clamored for consistency and kept the rest of the staff. Fassel wanted in and the fans yelled No so after Spags decline there was no one else there....FAIL.

Bruce and Shanny....GOLD.

so tear down that 11 to at most 7 and i'd argue for 6 or 5.

I don't trust him as far as I could throw him! He's always been good about saying the right things but his managerial decisions (for the most part) have been detrimental in the long term.

Look how long it has taken us to get to this point. Yes, we have a real coach and yes, we have a real GM but we haven't won **** yet! We are far from out of the woods.

He is going to have to prove something that has never, ever been his MO before he earns a reprieve in my book. Patience!

It's time to let Shanallen build this thing from the ground up and I don't know if he has it in him. Time will tell but he's guilty of being a meddling owner until proven innocent.

:helmet:

He's done interviews like this before. Simple fact is, he lost a lot of money last season. Don't get me wrong, he's not hitting the red, but he undoubtedly expected more $$ rolling in from the fans. The stadium concessions alone must've been severe. But, goes to show the fans do have the ability to affect the front office decisions, which is good to know.

Yeah we've heard it before but Vinny has just about all was been there too so it made it hard to believe and we all know Vinny is gone is it just make it more believable to me. :)

did this really need it's own thread? I mean honestly, we have threads about Dan Snyder, and we have threads about Jim Zorn. Why not just post this in one of those. Flip a coin or something to see which thread it get's posted in.

I'm going to have to say it passes the test of thread worthy. :)

I think Dan really listens to the fans. I think he reads the criticisms and tries to do better. It appears as if he has finally learned. If you compare his attitude now to what it was when he first bought the Skins, there is a tremendous difference

He seems to be finally coming around. All the signs and things towards the end of the season must have smacked some reality into him. It's about time.

No kidding. I have never once thought that they guy didn't love the Redskins. He is obviously a very passionate fan and wants to win above all else. He has just gone about it incorrectly over his tenure as owner. I think he might finally "get it." However, like a Brett Favre retirement, I am going to give it some time and see if it sticks.

HTTR

He doesn't owe me a apology. I choose to root for the team or not. I like some of the things he did, some I didn't. His bottom line was trying to win.

Agreed for sure. He made mistakes (plenty!) but he always wanted to win and I cheered my ass off every season regardless of what he may have done in the offseason.

That being said, this interview and story really shed light on how much things have changed for us. And for the better. I am feeling even more positively now about the years to come.

I think Dan really listens to the fans. I think he reads the criticisms and tries to do better.

I totally agree here.

He also started to receive a lot of criticism from the media as well, and with the passion that he has for "his" team, any owner with a sound mind would want to give himself a douche along with the team. Dividends soon to follow.

I continue to think that Snyder chose Zorn at least in part because Zorn promised him he could turn Campbell into a good NFL QB. Once Zorn made that promise it kept him from bailing on JC and the rest is history. Bottom line? JC is an unspoken part of this in a big way.

Great to see Mr Snyder taking responsibility. I think the "Sell the team" chants were a big part of our present changes in front office.

Bottom line? JC is an unspoken part of this in a big way.

I always felt that Zorn was brought here in part to develop JC as he was a fairly costly investment. It also probably made it easier to hire Zorn as it seems at the time there weren't many takers for the job. Seems like a conglomeration of several situations played a part.

He doesn't owe me a apology. I choose to root for the team or not. I like some of the things he did, some I didn't. His bottom line was trying to win.
There ya go! That's all Dan has done since he bought the team, is try to win. He just been doing it in all the wrong ways.

He definitely has the right formula going on now, and if he keeps this up, he has a great shot at that Lombardi he's been wanting so bad.

The man has no class whatsoever. He cheap-shots Zorn, but won't admit that he and his weasel undermined Zorn's authority at every turn.

Leaving that aside, Zorn made a lot of mistakes that left him open to be undermined. It was Zorn who made the decision to not bring in an experienced hand to help run the offense. What Vinny did was inexcusable, but Zorn also left himself open to second guessing, particularly with the offensive struggles to start off last year.

Archived