Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DCSB: Snyder takes responsibility for Zorn hiring (MUST READ!!!)

SkinsHokieFan

"Sign-gate" was the moment for me where I thought had an epiphany; the "haters" were right.

This is an issue which I wish we had a more direct answer from Dan Snyder. When the other guy in the room (Tony) asked "Are people really still harping on that?" it almost sounded dismissive, when in fact it was an incident that really pissed people off. The interviewers did answer somewhat honestly in that fans were willing to forgive a lot when Vinny was canned, but still, I'd like to hear Snyder say "It was wrong" instead of a canned answer like "The front office has been changed."

His bottom line was trying to win.

yes ...win, but at a cost.

his real bottom line was trying to win ... his way, right or wrong, but his way.

the man was stubborn and he cut off his nose to spite his own face and dragged us fans through horse crap.

I've been a snyder fan from day one...I prefer an involved over aggressive owner.....he doesn't owe any fan an apology.

damn you are easy to please ... :pfft:

he owes us an apology because he has been SELLING US A HORRIBLE product with promises of something different.

any time a service provider does not live up to what they claim, take your money, and does it repeatedly - an apology is in order.

Listen, I applaud the man for the changes ... he has been remarkable so far since the end of last season.

That being said, from firing Frank Herzog to letting Cerrato stick around for the better part of a decade, AND ALL THE HORRIBLE INEPTITUDE in between, this guy has to do a lot to get off the universal skins fans S-list

We're official, so it would look fake.

At least that's what I'm telling myself.

i still say boo. one of the reasons I put up with the over-moderation is because we are official and it should give us certain benefits.

oh well.

at least i get to post this - :beavisnbutthead:

can't wait till the season starts. I am glad the Dan is admiting mistakes and moving on. that is a great dig about "i'm not the one who called the fake punt twice"

His main fault is trying to be like Jerry Jones. Getting his hands into everything, signing all these lavish big named free agents, even if they don't fit in the plans, and splashing money on coaches, etc.

Hopefully though it looks like he's learned his lesson, and hiring Bruce Allen was the first step to becoming a great owner.

To me, the biggest thing here is that Dan came out and said these things publicly. Is he finally getting over that overcompensating mode for his insecurities about being an owner? Maybe yes, maybe no, but this is a big step in the right direction.

If TheDan finally does "get it" and we can have a decent involved owner for a long time to come, it will make the last decade worth it (almost).

I know Dan is a real die hard Redskins fan. However, he's also an owner and wants to turn a profit. I think that last year sales of everything dropped off. And how many people turned in their season tickets? I don't remember anyone in the old days being offered season tickets like I was solicited by mail. Granted, they were for the Club level seats but for many years the waiting list was years long.

Money talks, and it was talking really loud last year!

He doesn't owe me a apology. I choose to root for the team or not. I like some of the things he did, some I didn't. His bottom line was trying to win.

Agreed.

My thoughts as well which is why I never posted in the many Hate Dan threads, however he definitely could have done some things better.

He's not done a thing to me,therefore he owes no apology. I am glad that he sees areas where he can improve as an owner. Seeing all these changes he's made this off season,you've got to give the man some credit.

The man has no class whatsoever. He cheap-shots Zorn, but won't admit that he and his weasel undermined Zorn's authority at every turn.

This.

I root for the Redskins in spite of all the dumb decisions Shnyder has made, because they are the Skins:point2sky

His "apology" rings hollow. I just wish the team could of stayed in the Cooke family.

That was a good read. I really believe we are heading in the right direction now. Danny Boy seems to have changed his ways too and this make me happy.

He's done interviews like this before. Simple fact is, he lost a lot of money last season. Don't get me wrong, he's not hitting the red, but he undoubtedly expected more $$ rolling in from the fans. The stadium concessions alone must've been severe. But, goes to show the fans do have the ability to affect the front office decisions, which is good to know.

Archived