Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DCSB: Snyder takes responsibility for Zorn hiring (MUST READ!!!)

SkinsHokieFan

I have to hate on Dan because he hasn't done with the team what I would like to see. But I will admit if I had bought the team, I probably would have done the same things. Because neither one of us really know how to run a franchise.

You guys are all missing the most important parts of the interview:

1) Parking lots will open at noon for the 9/12 Cowboys SNF game

and

2) There will be big screen TVs in the parking lots to watch the early games

I'm going to that game. That is going to be a long day. Anyone hearing what kind of things will be going on from noon until kick off?

No kidding. I have never once thought that they guy didn't love the Redskins. He is obviously a very passionate fan and wants to win above all else. He has just gone about it incorrectly over his tenure as owner. I think he might finally "get it." However, like a Brett Favre retirement, I am going to give it some time and see if it sticks.

HTTR

Great Favre analogy.

We've been strung out repeatedly on this issue. We were told Danny "got it" when Marty was hired. Then he started the "Synder, Cerrato and Spurrier Circus". We were told Danny "got it" when Gibbs was hired. Then he started the "Cerrato and Zorn Circus". Now we're being told Danny's "got it" now.

Excuse me if I feel like this guy.

5a.jpg

I have to hate on Dan because he hasn't done with the team what I would like to see. But I will admit if I had bought the team, I probably would have done the same things. Because neither one of us really know how to run a franchise.

I'm going to that game. That is going to be a long day. Anyone hearing what kind of things will be going on from noon until kick off?

Probably a little bit of tailgaiting?

"You know...you're responsible as the owner of the team... so because you own the team, it's your fault," Snyder said. "On the other hand, I don't look at it that way. I really see this as a stewardship...it's something that the fans own the team and my responsibility is to try and do the right thing"

D Snyder

It's kind of a far cry from JKC's "More then an owner, I am a trustee..." quote.

He seems to be finally coming around. All the signs and things towards the end of the season must have smacked some reality into him. It's about time.

I'm sure it was the signs we brought to the stadium really hit home with him! :pfft:

He's still a spoiled little rich kid, who just HAPPENS to own the team I love.

Just to set the record straight, have you ever read a bio on Snyder? He grew up a poor kid and made his money in college and after. He used to watch Skins games with his Dad by watching the TV's through the window at a local TV store. Not exactly a spoiled little rich kid.

He doesn't owe me a apology. I choose to root for the team or not. I like some of the things he did, some I didn't. His bottom line was trying to win.

his bottom line was trying to win his way... if his bottom line were just trying to win and he made some bad hires of the people with the background to do that, I'd be fine with him... but that wasn't "fun" for dan and he had to meddle in football operations and as a result hamstring this organization...

can only hope having football people run his football team is fun enough for dan that he gives it the time it needs to be successful...

Archived