Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Madden 11: GREAT NEWS!!!

drtdrums

The old preplay controls are coming back after the exceedingly negative feedback EA has received. They are working fast to get a patch ready that will make the old controls optional. Word has it that September is going to be the earliest that they can get it out, but this is huge. I'd canceled my preorder because of the way that the Strat Pad changed the game.

Of course, the other issues that Madden 11 has may not be addressed, but this is a big deal for me. I can actually re-order it now. *goes to amazon*.

I know THAT :silly:

I meant the old preplay controls returning.

:ols: My bad.

I'm pretty sure the pre-snap adjustments. For instance, you used to could of simple pressed triangle and the left on d-pad and put 8 in the box to make it look like you're blizting, but with the new strategy pad, it's not nearly as simple, and it sucks.

the demo actually wasnt nearly as bad as i thought it was going to be. i like that the pace is actually a little slower. it makes the game look a little more real. the one thing that really annoyed me about past maddens was the blocking. many times the cpu would magically get off a block just as i was making my break for open field or about to burst through the line of scrimmage and i would get tackled. it is so frustrating to have that happen all the time.

To clarify, if anyone needs clarification:

The "new" preplay controls (hot routes, etc on offense, coverages, line commands, and individual control on defense) were accessed through a top-level menu that required extra button presses.

The old style was much faster. This meant that the new game gave you only enough time for two, three changes max. Many players make 5 or more changes before the snap, which was impossible with the newer menu.

Now my only complaints stem from the fact that they made certain plays less effective because newbs didn't know how to attack them (see: Dime Strike 2 Deep -- they put a DT on spy just to slow down the adjustments that need to be made).

Still not going to buy it. NHL 11 >> Madden 11

+1. I always try to get a game to fill the void until NHL 11 comes out. Last year was such a disappointing madden I have decided NHL 11 is my 1 ps3 game for the year.

It's gameplay life makes it well worth the $60.

I was going to DL the demo but so many bad reviews ... it's another year I pass on Madden. But Madden 92 on SNES was my jam ... I miss that game.

Archived