Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Jason Reid (twitter) Haynesworth "Killed it"

jfriedenthal

Is it standard practice to have two part conditioning test?

From what they explained on the Riggins show. The test consists of running 25 yards, resting 70 seconds and repeating for 3 total rounds. Sounds super easy to me, so I'm thinking there has to be more to it.

That makes no sense! If he "killed it" according to Reid, then he should have passed with flying colors and shouldn't need the official results! That's like going home after taking a test, telling everyone you killed it, then receiving an F. WTF?!

:ols: good analogy. This is going to make JReid look like a real dunce if Glazer's report is true.

From what they explained on the Riggins show. The test consists of running 25 yards, resting 70 seconds and repeating for 3 total rounds. Sounds super easy to me, so I'm thinking there has to be more to it.

That does sound really easy and I hope if he failed, it was for something much harder and complex :mad:

Overrated. We don't even know what's involved in the test. Usually, it's a series of runs. When his job involves sprinting 50 yards let me know.

That fat*** Cody failed a conditioning test with the Ravens, then passed the next day. Expect the same from Haynesworth.

Glazer's article on foxsports.com

Haynesworth did not make it through his conditioning test Wednesday at Redskins Park, sources told FOXSports.com.

The disgruntled star defensive tackle finished the first part of the test, but walked through the second portion. Now Mike Shanahan has to make a decision on whether or not to let him practice and if so, how much.

It’s believed that Haynesworth will not be allowed to practice with the rest of his teammates in team drills.

Sources said Tuesday that if he passed the conditioning test, he would be cleared to practice with the team. But by failing, head coach Mike Shanahan may hold him out for an undetermined length of time until Haynesworth improves.

On Tuesday, Haynesworth met with Shanahan, defensive coordinator Jim Haslett and other coaches. Haynesworth proclaimed that he’s been working out this offseason, insisting he’s in good enough shape to start camp when official workouts begin Wednesday.

Haynesworth’s return follows a messy offseason. Despite collecting a $21 million option on April 1, Haynesworth boycotted voluntary OTA workouts with the team in protest of being forced to switch roles in the Redskins’ new 3-4 defensive alignment – one that will force the ‘Skins DT to hold up multiple blockers instead of being freed to rush opposing quarterbacks.

The Redskins actually entertained several trade offers before the draft but found no takers due to attitude questions as well as Haynesworth’s massive contract.

That makes no sense! If he "killed it" according to Reid, then he should have passed with flying colors and shouldn't need the official results! That's like going home after taking a test, telling everyone you killed it, then receiving an F. WTF?!

Good Point!! you can say a 2 part conditioning test was Killed if you fail the second part!! All this makes no sense

That was the Baltimore test that Terrence Cody kept failing (he eventually passed). I'm sure it varies from team-to-team.

*Also, as far as the conditioning test....he (Haynesworth) has to pass in the designated time for those on the D-Line...required times to finish vary by position.

Archived