Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fredricksburg online: AH Trainer: AH has lost 32 lbs and is in great shape

heliKCx17

He worked out with the redskins last year. Honestly, our whole team was out of shape last year.

I think the team could have been better conditioned in general. I don't think I've ever seen Carter or Fletcher out of shape in their careers and probably never will see Orakpo that way either.

The whole team wasn't belly flopping on the field after every third play.

For sure. There's out of shape and then there's morbidly obese. I don't think Haynesworth could have climbed a flight of stairs last year.

That never happened. He said he'd be at training camp. This is good because he's on our team. If we want to trade him, it's good because it has to increase his value.

Exactly how I see it as well. I still have major doubts that AH is gonna work out for us but I can at least see the positive in terms of upping his value to another team in terms of compensation. This is about the only real positive that I have heard about this guy all year.

So to me the key this year is in 3 players.

Kelly

Landry

Haynesworth

All three are ? marks. If all 3 can step up than this team will make the playoffs.

You know what you are going to get from most of the guys on the team. IE Fletcher...

If Haynesworth can come to camp in shape and start feeling better about the 3-4 scheme than this team gets leaps and bounds better instantly.

My question is this though: if he's been working with the same trainer for the past three years, doesn't that mean he'll be in similar shape to last season where he perfected the "lay down on my back for minutes" move?

Naw bro., he worked with the Redskins trainers all last offseason. :rolleyes:

He's down to 330 pounds now? He must really be pushing to play as a DE. He'll still get reps at the Nose, but I wonder who else on our team could be tabbed as a NT.
Kemoeatu

Wouldn't mind seeing Fat Ass get his way and not play NT at all if Kemo and whoever rotates with him (Golston? Green?) are good. But until he shows up at camp, and sets things right with the coaches and team mates, Fat Ass should be dead to us and we should move on*.

*With Fat Ass having to pay us to get out of DC and ever see an NFL snap again.

He worked out with the redskins last year. Honestly, our whole team was out of shape last year.

No he didn't work with the trainers all off season. There was a yahoo article that stated he worked out in Tennessee with his personal trainer at some point.

Ok florio does make a good point. The Nose in a 3-4 is supposed to eat blockers so other players can squeeze in and make the plays. The smaller Albert is the more likely he's playing one of the ends and not the Nose because he's not built for that. We know he doesn't want to play the nose, maybe this shrinkage is to make the team play him where he wants to play? Or it's really a move to make the team trade him. If he's in shape but not in the shape they want him to be in, then they have to contend with the fact he's not what they are looking for and likely to get traded. I hate to play conspiracy but I don't believe for a second that he's suddenly had a change of heart and wants to stay here. I think if he's much smaller he's done it to get out of here

Well, atleast that could drive up the trade value if he isn't with the skins. I'd rather keep him for the year and trade him next year for a high draft pick. Atleast a 2nd rounder. Right now we'd be lucky to get a 4th for him.

Well, atleast that could drive up the trade value if he isn't with the skins. I'd rather keep him for the year and trade him next year for a high draft pick. Atleast a 2nd rounder. Right now we'd be lucky to get a 4th for him.

I hope this is the case.

In which universe is this good news?

I thought Al made it pretty clear he isn't going to play for the Redskins anymore.

Maybe it'll help trade him.

I do think this is in essence his contract year because the F.o. will trade or release him after the season and he'll be heading to the NFC North, cough Vikings.

Count me among the very skeptical. I thought I read last year too about how he was working with his trainer at sometime. And correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he always had the reputation of faking an injury in games to catch his breath? Some Rams Olineman warned the public about that in preseason last year.

There's being in shape and there's football shape.

Like I said in another thread, a guy as big as #92 should only have to take a couple #2s to lose 32 lbs. I mean congrats, but it's not like he's some workout warrior just because he lost 32 lbs in 3 months.

This man is on Point. Don't forget AH eats babies and poops boulders........so 32 lbs isn't ****.......(well it actually is!)

I could be wrong, but I don't think he worked out with that trainer last year.

Also, I have a friend that saw AH recently in Tennessee and he said that he looked like he was in much better shape. We'll see.

If I recall correctly, he didn't work with this trainer before last season...he participated in Zorn's off-season program. I believe this is the trainer he used during his time in Tennessee.
Naw bro., he worked with the Redskins trainers all last offseason. :rolleyes:

Sorry - this is the part of the article that made me believe that.

Part of Haynesworth's decision to train away from team headquarters was based on his displeasure with the notion of playing in a 3-4. Another part of it, however, was his familiarity with Smith, who has worked one-on-one with Haynesworth for three straight offseasons.

Archived