Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fredricksburg online: AH Trainer: AH has lost 32 lbs and is in great shape

heliKCx17

I mean it's cool that he's in shape and all but how does this change anything? He still doesn't want to play for us, and from his trainer's quote it sounds like the only thing that got him motivated was the scathing comments from all his team mates about how mad they are at him.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like nothing more than for him to come in and smooth everything over and have a great season for us but hearing this news is like hearing your girlfriend who lied to you and said she wanted to date other people lost 32 pounds.

I guess losing a bunch of weight is one way to get out of playing NT.

I never wanted him there anyway, so this is good news as far as I'm concerned.

He's still 30 pounds heavier than Jay Ratliff, 5 pounds heavier than Vince Wilfork and Casey Hampton.

I guess losing a bunch of weight is one way to get out of playing NT.

My understanding is that all the linemen need to learn all the positions.

I mean it's cool that he's in shape and all but how does this change anything? He still doesn't want to play for us, and from his trainer's quote it sounds like the only thing that got him motivated was the scathing comments from all his team mates about how mad they are at him.

I didn't get that impression at all. He just said that all the talk (which started once he decided he wasn't going to work out here.) was motivating, which is something you want from your player. You want your players to rise above negative comments and prove them wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like nothing more than for him to come in and smooth everything over and have a great season for us but hearing this news is like hearing your girlfriend who lied to you and said she wanted to date other people lost 32 pounds.

More like hearing it from your friends rather than directly from her, who you haven't seen or heard from in months. It doesn't make it false, but a lot of things have been said through intermediaries. Once you are together again, fences can be mended.

Personally, I want him to show up here in shape and be willing to contribute, since we would be a better team with him than without him.

He's down to 330 pounds now? He must really be pushing to play as a DE. He'll still get reps at the Nose, but I wonder who else on our team could be tabbed as a NT.

don't know man ... most 3-4 DE's are 280ish, maybe 290. rarely above 300 and not close to 330.

As shown in another thread, Haynesworth played the third highest % of snaps for any DT last year.

I'm so tired of that useless stat being brought up. He missed four freakin games!!! And you are comparing him to other players on the D-line who were swapped in and out. And their salaries were commensurate with what you might pay a role player. AH was paid to be in the game, all game. Warren Sapp did it and for less money.

So please stop with that % of snaps nonsense!

I'm so tired of that useless stat being brought up. He missed four freakin games!!! And you are comparing him to other players on the D-line who were swapped in and out. And their salaries were commensurate with what you might pay a role player. AH was paid to be in the game, all game. Warren Sapp did it and for less money.

So please stop with that % of snaps nonsense!

If you want to mention Warren Sapp, then post his minutes per game. I don't see how a higher salary means that you must play more than any other DT in the league. Also, he got injured often before he signed the contract, so thinking he won't miss time would be unrealistic.

Once you are together again, fences can be mended.

Personally, I want him to show up here in shape and be willing to contribute, since we would be a better team with him than without him.

I agree with you 100% I think our team is better with him and I do hope fences can be mended. I guess my point was that news of his weight loss doesn't make me feel much better.

Until I see what happens when he shows up training camp and see what his next move is, he could suddenly learn how to run a 4.3 and I still would feel uneasy about it, knowing he might not be playing for us ever again.

Ok, classic retort here.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hR5YNqE3K8&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hR5YNqE3K8&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Fat Al said in very plain words he wants out of Washington. Doesn't matter how much weight he has lost, he gets to ride the pine until he is shipped out, which can't happen soon enough.

Give the money back Al then get the hell out of here.

I could not believe this wasn't posted yet. I checked and double-checked but did not see it. My apologies if I missed it.

Not sure what to make of the news, but I'm sure one of you guys has an opinion about it. ;)

While coaches have said they're confident Haynesworth will arrive in shape, that's been mostly conjecture and blind faith. They have not been been receiving reports on his offseason conditioning and workouts. But apparently, their faith in Haynesworth may be well-placed.

Haynesworth's personal trainer told the Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star that Haynesworth is "going to open some eyes when he gets to camp."

Haynesworth skipped all but one day of the Redskins' offseason conditioning program to train instead with Tripp Smith of Competitive Edge Sports in Nashville, Tenn., the same trainer who helped prep him for his successful 2008 campaign with the Titans. Smith told the Free Lance-Star that Haynesworth has lost 32 pounds since he began his offseason workout regimen on April 5 and currently weighs around 330 pounds, 20 pounds lighter than his listed weight at the start of the 2009 season.

"Albert, he's the type of person that doesn't want to disappoint anybody, but he's very business-minded," Smith told the Free Lance-Star. "I think it has motivated him quite a bit, just seeing what his teammates are saying about him and seeing what everbody in the press is saying about him."

click link for full article

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/trainer-haynesworth-has-lost-3.html?wpisrc=nl_sports

Archived