Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fredricksburg online: AH Trainer: AH has lost 32 lbs and is in great shape

heliKCx17

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2010/072010/07142010/561567

Although PFT is twisting this in a sarcastic, negative way, as usual, I think it's exciting. He can come into camp, learn the new D and love it and be a force. Losing 32 pounds can only mean he has been working his butt off, and that's what we have all been doubting yet hoping for.

PFT: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/14/albert-haynesworths-trainer-says-hes-lost-32-pounds/

If he comes into camp at a healthy 320 then I will be happy. In one of the articles about this the author was questioning how much weight he put on after the season and I do think that is a valid question considering who we are talking about. I hate the guys attitude about everything but he can still be a very productive player for us if he truly is motivated.

They were discussing this story on the Junkies this morning. And the question is...he lost 32 pounds, but from what point? From the end of last season? Hell, he could have gone on a binge after the season and gained a bunch of weight, and is partially losing that weight.

Also, his trainer could be full of ****. Definitely going to wait and see before I give him any credit here.

I dont think any of our previous year OTA skippers have had bad years because of it. If he got a better work out regime by skipping OTA's, maybe it is right to skip OTA's. He didnt skip last year, and was out of shape.

Playing defense isnt rocket science. Gap control. Rah. Its why the defense always is ahead of the poor offense.

My question is this though: if he's been working with the same trainer for the past three years, doesn't that mean he'll be in similar shape to last season where he perfected the "lay down on my back for minutes" move?

I could be wrong, but I don't think he worked out with that trainer last year.

Also, I have a friend that saw AH recently in Tennessee and he said that he looked like he was in much better shape. We'll see.

My question is this though: if he's been working with the same trainer for the past three years, doesn't that mean he'll be in similar shape to last season where he perfected the "lay down on my back for minutes" move?

If I recall correctly, he didn't work with this trainer before last season...he participated in Zorn's off-season program. I believe this is the trainer he used during his time in Tennessee.

The PFT article actually contained more info on the issues of actual loss and his motivation for the loss....

And since a team's nose tackle is usually an athletic guy who also happens to be big and fat, Haynesworth apparently has tried to make himself less attractive to the nose position by losing weight.

His trainer, Tripp Smith, tells Rich Campbell of Fredericksburg.com that Haynesworth has lost 32 pounds since April.

Listed at 350 by the team, he weighed 362 in April. He's now down to 330.

"I think he's going to open some eyes when he gets to camp," Smith said.

"Albert, he's the type of person that doesn't want to disappoint anybody, but he's very business-minded," Smith added. "I think it has motivated him quite a bit, just seeing what his teammates are saying about him and seeing what everybody in the press is saying about him."

Versus the teams listed weight he has lost 20 lbs., but we all know how reliable those are. I am happy to read he is motivated by this, because obviously money was not going to get it done. And if he were truly business minded wouldn't he have been to every camp and/or settled this weeks ago? He could have made a public statement himself, he could have talked the team or with the team at a presser. There are many thing he could have done to take care of business.

He worked out with the redskins last year. Honestly, our whole team was out of shape last year.

His trainer is the "source" so it must be true, his agent will probably verify the story. Give me a break, he has no choice and no options if he shows up fat....he is trying to give himself more options for trade bait. In his warped mind he probably does think that the team is going to change the entire defense for him.....

"Albert, he's the type of person that doesn't want to disappoint anybody, but he's very business-minded,"

I guess, fans, owners, coaches, team mates, strippers, baby mommas don't count in the "dissapoint" department. As far as business minded.....if theft is now a business I agree.

Archived