Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

gettin old sucks

Ryman of the North

last week we won 45-21 I wasnt really ready to play but we had 2 starting Olinemen go down, so as the emergency fat guy I was asked to go in. we ended up having a field day on O driving the ball easily and racking up 350 passing and just under 200 yards rushing (averaging 10 YPC). after the game I was stiff but I attributed it to the fact that it was the second time in over a year that I had equipment on and last game I only played 12 plays (4 series) on defence in a shutout.

anyway I felt stiff and went to my deepwater running class, I felt better but had a lot of stiffness in my "good" shoulder. I know I have arthritis so I ignored it until last night at practice. the trainer set me up with Physio and they determined that I subluxed the joint and they did some voodoo with the torture machines.

The reason this bugs me is im already dealiing with osteoarthritis in my knee and my mobility was limited, even a few years ago I was playing in basketball games the day after a football game, now my old ass needs to sit in the hot tub and swim for an hour the day after the game or I cant even walk.

We Play the #2 team (a team I founded lol) tomorrow night at 6 but im not sure im ready, better yet im most likely starting at Guard. yay me so much for easing my way back into the game. I'll tell the story or my untretirement in 2001 when I have more time, it was pretty much the same thing lmao.

Mods please move to the tailgate it wasnt meant to be posted here

Ive played football since I was 7 years old football years are like dog years so im like 196 years old or something. lol.

You'll soon be at the If it ain't hurting,it ain't working stage

Just wait till ya gotta limber up before using the boys(at least that ain't showing signs of age:silly:)

Wrong forum, and Canadians sure do seem to complain a lot.:)

You have to admit though that they complain so NICELY... :silly:

The true kings of complaining are the English IMHO. I worked for an English company for 6.5 years and spent a fair amount of time there and also working here with my English colleagues. It didn't take much for them to start grousing that's for sure. My buddy and ex-colleague e-mailed me the other day and except for 2 positive statements, everything was ***** this and moan that. I called him on it and he admitted his fondness for whining (or whingeing as they call it).

In my day, no one complained about anything.

ARXfQzfl9EQ

My back is going out again, and I left my good walker at home dammit.

Running the risk of turning this thing back serious, but:

I had a lot of pain in my knees, for some time. Attributed to to all the cross country running I did in High School. (I remember people saying that you shouldn't run on concrete, you should run on the grass. But hey, I was 16, and it didn't hurt a bit.)

Tried taking several Glucosamine/Chondroitin pills a day, for about a month, and those things did wonders for my knee pain. They don't feel like I'm 16 any more. But a few years ago I was at the point where I had to be careful sitting down.

I'm normally one of those people who refers to the "supplement" industry as "the snake oil industry", but those things really, really, worked on me.

Running the risk of turning this thing back serious, but:

I had a lot of pain in my knees, for some time. Attributed to to all the cross country running I did in High School. (I remember people saying that you shouldn't run on concrete, you should run on the grass. But hey, I was 16, and it didn't hurt a bit.)

Tried taking several Glucosamine/Chondroitin pills a day, for about a month, and those things did wonders for my knee pain. They don't feel like I'm 16 any more. But a few years ago I was at the point where I had to be careful sitting down.

I'm normally one of those people who refers to the "supplement" industry as "the snake oil industry", but those things really, really, worked on me.

I got some but didn't stick with the program for too long - how long was it before you felt the effects?

What brand did you use?

I got some but didn't stick with the program for too long - how long was it before you felt the effects?

What brand did you use?

Probably Osteo biFlex, but I don't know if it mattered. I took three "triple strength" pills a day, for a few weeks, as I recall.

(After a while, them horse pills get easier to swallow. Wish they made the things smaller, I might be able to get Mom to take them. But the things are hard to swallow, and they taste bad. Can't get Mom to take them. And I don't push, because she takes all of her other, more important, pills, and I don't want to start a power struggle.)

Probably Osteo biFlex, but I don't know if it mattered. I took three "triple strength" pills a day, for a few weeks, as I recall.

(After a while, them horse pills get easier to swallow. Wish they made the things smaller, I might be able to get Mom to take them. But the things are hard to swallow, and they taste bad. Can't get Mom to take them. And I don't push, because she takes all of her other, more important, pills, and I don't want to start a power struggle.)

Im using osteo bi flex and celadrin for supplements and they help but the indo methacin is the the best, too bad it makes me have to poo lots, not a good thing when i cant run fast lol.

Honestly the worst part for me is when I see my old man in myself.

I loved my Dad and he was a great guy, but you know how much your parents irritate you when you're growing up - you remember the feeling of being livid that they even existed.

Sometimes I'll do something that my Dad used to do - a gesture, smell or sound - and it brings that feeling back, only now it's me being the irritating one.

Ah well.

Archived