Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

gettin old sucks

Ryman of the North

Hell when i was 28...i was playing semi pro ball..and the very first practice that year, I threw my back out..really BAD! I said ok thats it..im done LOL

Have been a avid bowler for years as well...got pretty good and could of went pro, IF i wanted to..looked into it and couldnt find a reliable sponsor at the time...I then met my girlfriend (now wife) and pretty much gave up on bowling, it was wearing me out anyway, bowled tournaments almost every weekend, and leagues during the week.

Well I decided to get back into it after a 10 year lay off...me and a buddy went and bowled in a league this summer together...it started 5 weeks ago roughly...1st night back..I strained my left quad muscle during warmup!! The next day it got very sore and stiff...iced it down good for 5 days, felt pretty good..come the 2nd week...during warmups..bam! strained it again! SOB! bowled 2 games and had to stop after that...it was bruised really bad the next day..but by 3 days later it felt great...week 3 strained it again but not until the 2nd game ughhhhh....so I took last week off, and just bowled again lastnight...thankfully i am fully healed now and didnt restrain it lastnight...i know how you feel op lol And I always stretch really good and have always been a active person in some shape or form, that was the first time I ever had anything nag and annoy me, it was effecting everything I did when sore..annoying! Oh well at least it didnt take a year to heal, yet LOL

Same here!!!

Some of the "youngest" people I've known were old musicians.

I am listening to Eminem right now. Yesterday it was The Beatles.

I am far from being a good musical talent even, but I enjoy playing different instruments and trying out new songs.

I am listening to Eminem right now. Yesterday it was The Beatles.

I am far from being a good musical talent even, but I enjoy playing different instruments and trying out new songs.

You can be the most technically gifted player around but still be a crap musician. I rant about this all the time, but music is communication, not prestidigitation. If you use amazing technical skills to make a point or touch someone's emotions, that's cool. But, and this is key, you don't need to be flashy to connect with someone. You just have to use the tools you have to pull the feeling out of yourself.

Sorry - /rant

Keep playing - it's good for your soul :D And you're probably underselling yourself RE: talent...

Also, glad to hear about the variety. Good music transcends stylistic differences. There's plenty of crap in every genre. ;)

lmao awesome.

heres the story, in 2003 I had taken a year off of football completely, while at a basketball tournament in Grande p[rairie a guy saw me playing and remembered me from university and the couple years of semi pro I played during and just after high school, he called the president of the Wolfpack (the national Champions) and said that he had seen me playing basketball.

anyway the guy called and put the bug in my ear about maybe playing again. of course I was non commital and said id come fly down to a practice (calgary is far away from paddle) and check it out anyway a couple weeks before I was supposed to do this I was playing in a tournament and came down funny after a dunk and landed on someones ankle, tearing a bunch of ligaments in my ankle. so being a man of my word I flew down to Calgary with a cast on.

I get there and the first night I started getting excited about playing ball again, I watched one on ones and decided that when i got back to the hotel id fix my cast. I went back to the hotel and used a steakknife and glass of water to remove it, put on an old canvass ankle brace for the next night.

long story short I spoke to the president of the team and said I would play some special teams and maybe a few series at DT while I rehabbed my ankle, I also didnt want to come on to a National Championship team and act like a diva lol. I figured id earn my spot.

The first game we played was against the Stallions the team I had founded and played my last 4 games for, they had added a bunch of guys from my old university and looked on paper to be the top team, I got to the field early and had a shower, and dressed, a bunch of guys i had never met came and introduced themselves to me, which was funny because they knew who I was and I had no idea who they were.

the coach put up the depth charts and they had me starting at offencive Guard on offence LOL, I again wasnt a fan of playing Oline but figured what the hell, then they posted the D depth chart and I was on there as a DT! then they posted specials and had me on every single special! so much for easing into it lmao!

I was in pretty good shape having been fighting fires all summer and training but I was not in football shape so I asked to be taken off of the specials lol. first play of the game the Stallions ran their FB right up the middle, I stuffed it for a 1 yard loss, and they didnt try running the gut again. on O we rushed for over 200 yards and ended up winning the game 63-19, the Stallions went undefeated the rest of the season and we ended up playing and beating them in the league final in an amazing game. I played two ways most of that season and got hooked on football again. we lost the National Championship but I was runner up for DMVP with 4 tackles and 2 sacks. We won the nationals the next season. Now im hooked and wont stop playing until I cant walk lol.

my team is now 4-0 we stomped the second best team in the league 36-12 tnite and it wasnt that close. I played guard against a greasy turd who cheap shotted me last season and broke a couple of my ribs, I got revenge by literally putting him on roller skates for most of the game and telling him all about it on every play. I caked him at least 2-3 times and mocked him the entire game. (I found out that he had someone filming the game in hopes that I would retaliate in a dirty way but this was better and far more satisfying.)

as I get my cardio and strength back its going to get uglier and uglier.

Archived