Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Smith vs. Bruce Willis

HRNY4ZRNY

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

They both made music right? The question is Bruce v Will, and they both made movies, TV, and music. Will smith just happened to have more range as an actor, better music, and better TV.

... unless you liked moonlighting or I missed Bruce's Academy Award nominations.

Okay....long story short...you missed the point of the thread......theatrically speaking, pick one.

My thing is,

Smith is a great "cryer". See Pursuit of Happieness and even Fresh Price of Bel Air days. (The episode when his Dad comes back and than leaves again.

Click to 1.14 seconds.)

But Bruce can cry to. Especially when someone has abducted or killed a family member.

They both are awesome in action scenes and both have great prescence.

Bruce has had more movies.

Will might be a slightly better actor. But Bruce is more bad ass.

My thing is,

Smith is a great "cryer". See Pursuit of Happieness and even Fresh Price of Bel Air days. (The episode when his Dad comes back and than leaves again.

)

But Bruce can cry to. Especially when someone has abducted or killed a family member.

They both are awesome in action scenes and both have great prescence.

Bruce has had more movies.

Will might be a slightly better actor. But Bruce is more bad ass.

This whole thread is about movie performances, IMO. And these are, for the most part, men talking about it. Unless you are a female, crying scenes don't mean ****. Bad ass material is what I'm looking for and I'm sure most are. Bruce wins.

This whole thread is about movie performances, IMO. And these are, for the most part, men talking about it. Unless you are a female, crying scenes don't mean ****. Bad ass material is what I'm looking for and I'm sure most are. Bruce wins.

Bad Assness is great dont get me wrong.

But it is hard to cry and literally make tears come out of your eyes when you are "acting" in front of people.

Its like a hard rock song. You gotta enjoy the slower tempo moments to appreciate the harder parts.

Bad Assness is great dont get me wrong.

But it is hard to cry and literally make tears come out of your eyes when you are "acting" in front of people.

Its like a hard rock song. You gotta enjoy the slower tempo moments to appreciate the harder parts.

So, take a pick Mr. on the fence.

Tears of the Sun... Bruce has a scene where I seem to remember a single tear welling up in his eye... Even when that son of a gun cries he's a bad ass.

That movie wasn't that bad, although Bruce has a knack to want to sing, at least he doesn't have a knack to wanna rap:

[ATTACH]44009[/ATTACH]

That movie had 3 or 4 clever ideas, 50 mediocre ideas, and 55 painful ideas. For whatever reason, they chose to film all of them. (Actually, the reason is obvious: Willis' ego).

That movie is one script re-write, one change in casting, and one good editor away from being somewhat entertaining. Though, it would still likely be terrible.

This is a hard one. I picked Will only because at times Bruce tends to sleepwalk thru films with a snarky attitude. Problem with Mr. Smith is that he's getting very close to Tom Cruise territory where you see Will Smith and not the character.

What I love about Bruce Willis is that he's not afraid of taking chances or being part of an ensemble. "Planet Terror" and "Sin City" come to mind. Will Smith have projects built around his persona, but I think in time "Ali" may garner more credit than when it first came out.

Archived