Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Maese Twitter: Haynesworth Statement, 6-23-10

GenMgr

I was all for giving him the benefit of the doubt before...then he pulled that bull**** move the day before minicamp started. So personally I wish he'd just shut the hell up from here on out lol...whether we keep him or not.

Yep.

Less talk, more football.

Just get your fatass on the field, plug the middle, and shut your fat face.

I wish someone would just tell him, "Hey, Al, your representative is a ******* moron. Get a new agent."

It's like he just can't wait to bring more hatred and criticism on himself. I'm sure we'll hear a statement soon about how he feels disrespected by something new he or his agent has thought up, or about how "it's not my fault, they lied to me and told me I wouldn't have to come to TC."

Haynesworth seems on a downward spiral.

His wife is divorcing him. He is being sued by a driver he hit in a road accident in TN. He is being hit with a paternity suit by a stripper and finally is being hit up by a bank for allegedly defaulting on his loan payments.

Sound like a guy that is 100 percent together to you?

AH has issues and his problems with the Redskins appear to be minor compared to what is going on in the rest of his life.

While it may be entertaining to see Haynesworth come in and get run into the ground by Haslett in camp, the best thing this organization can do is distance itself from him.

In the long-run it's the best call to make.

Haynesworth seems on a downward spiral.

His wife is divorcing him. He is being sued by a driver he hit in a road accident in TN. He is being hit with a paternity suit by a stripper and finally is being hit up by a bank for allegedly defaulting on his loan payments.

Sound like a guy that is 100 percent together to you?

AH has issues and his problems with the Redskins appear to be minor compared to what is going on in the rest of his life.

While it may be entertaining to see Haynesworth come in and get run into the ground by Haslett in camp, the best thing this organization can do is distance itself from him.

In the long-run it's the best call to make.

I think this is correct and probably a factor in the reason his agent was allowed to look for another team prior to his $21m payout.

The fact he has taken the money kinda drags this out. I find it hard to believe he his wanted here now by Shanahan. But, do they eat the $21m. That's a wedge of money to wave away when we have several players awaiting big paydays.

I have to wonder about some of the news reporters.

If they wanted a real story they should have some pics of AH.

In shape? Or out of shape??

God knows there are plenty of paparazzi in Miami.

Excellent point, one I never thought of. Surely, someone could make some bucks taking images of Haynesworth putting out the effort. I think he will be in shape and ready to play.

I expect him to as long as he's not traded. Anyone who wants to place a small wager (be it signiture bet, cup of coffee, whatever) can send a PM. I'm serious about this. My money is squarely on the line that says AH shows up to training camp ready to work next month.

Call me nieve but he's got 5,250,000 million reasons to show up to training camp and had very few to show up to mini camp. He stands to lose 10k and 5 million if he misses one day of training camp. His only move to force a trade was to be a distraction for mini camp without it hurting his wallet too much. Now that's over he's starring into the reality that either he comes to work and plays nice with the team or he's screwed. The man's a dumb ass but he's not that stupid. He has to know that besides missing that money he likely stands to lose the entire amount if he misses training camp because if he does the NFLPA's going to turn on him. They've said almost as much already. If he screws around anymore he's going to be out much more money and Goodell will likely step in as well if it happens. All of the players had the opportunity to skip minicamp and lose that 10k but choose not to. That sort of thing happens all the time on every team, but mini camp is way different then training camp. Now this is the second time he's said he will be at camp. If he misses training camp no team in the league will trust him and his career is over. He's danced with the devil in the pale moonlight but the song is not playing anymore. He has nothing to gain by not showing up and everything to lose. Him not being at minicamp was a ploy, him not being ready to work at training camp is a death sentence. He'll be there. No team would trade for AH without him being at training camp anyway as they would have to fear him not showing up for there camp too. Now is the time for AH to make peace with everyone and everything and this was the first start.

Relax. It's not even a question. What is the question is how he is accepted by his teammates, how the coaches treat him, how he's treated his body and how he behaves. He'll be there

I agree with everything you said.

the money is only an issue for Snyder. it's an uncapped season and most of the money has now been paid.

does anyone believe that even if he is in uniform here that he will EVER deliver upon the contract he signed?

let's be realistic for a moment.

we bought a pig in a poke and have to admit it.

to sit there and wait for the Raiders or the Bucs to offer up a #1 pick for him is just absurd.

it isn't going to happen.

just as the Panthers found out with Peppers, sometimes it just comes time to cut ties and move on :)

His statement is from the future? 6-24? Why don't I have my new iPhone then?

Seriously I hope he does report and I hope they make him run hills all day.

This is the funniest thing I've seen all day today. Can't wait to read the rest of the posts.

I expect him to as long as he's not traded. Anyone who wants to place a small wager (be it signiture bet, cup of coffee, whatever) can send a PM. I'm serious about this. My money is squarely on the line that says AH shows up to training camp ready to work next month.

Call me nieve but he's got 5,250,000 million reasons to show up to training camp and had very few to show up to mini camp. He stands to lose 10k and 5 million if he misses one day of training camp. His only move to force a trade was to be a distraction for mini camp without it hurting his wallet too much. Now that's over he's starring into the reality that either he comes to work and plays nice with the team or he's screwed. The man's a dumb ass but he's not that stupid. He has to know that besides missing that money he likely stands to lose the entire amount if he misses training camp because if he does the NFLPA's going to turn on him. They've said almost as much already. If he screws around anymore he's going to be out much more money and Goodell will likely step in as well if it happens. All of the players had the opportunity to skip minicamp and lose that 10k but choose not to. That sort of thing happens all the time on every team, but mini camp is way different then training camp. Now this is the second time he's said he will be at camp. If he misses training camp no team in the league will trust him and his career is over. He's danced with the devil in the pale moonlight but the song is not playing anymore. He has nothing to gain by not showing up and everything to lose. Him not being at minicamp was a ploy, him not being ready to work at training camp is a death sentence. He'll be there. No team would trade for AH without him being at training camp anyway as they would have to fear him not showing up for there camp too. Now is the time for AH to make peace with everyone and everything and this was the first start.

Relax. It's not even a question. What is the question is how he is accepted by his teammates, how the coaches treat him, how he's treated his body and how he behaves. He'll be there

That's good logic and he will show up because of the money. I don't think the antics are over at all. I think that the coaches and GM must be VERY CAREFULLLLLL on how they handle him. The bad blood considered, what's to keep him from showing up, doing all the work at a minimum, playing half ass'd and holding and personal fouls galore that derail the team. YOU CAN'T PUT THAT GUY ON THE FIELD!!!

If Al shows up for training camp in shape, works his a** off, mends fences with his teammates and the fans, and on September 12th plants Tony Romo sits to pee on his a** half a dozen times, then and only then will all be well and will it be possible (not definite, just possible) to forgive Al.

Granted all of what I just said is 99.9% unlikely, but just saying.

Anyone that thinks he comes into camp ready to play at a high level is well a FOOL..this guy already showed his true colors trade the fatty and get anything for him at this point he is and will always be a waste of time and a heartbeat. I still say trade him to Jacksonville or Buffalo let him going gently into that good night and be forgotten....

The way I see it he didn't steal my money (opted not to purchase the 92 jersey) but he has embarrassed my team no matter what he does from this day forward I will never look at this guy as a Redskin period....he could have the sack that clinches the SB for us and Ill still think of him as the guy who spit in the organizations and its fans faces. HTTR piss on AH.

How great would it be that it turned out that Danny was responsible for both the exotic dancer and now this bank are coming forward at practically the same time, as a way of getting back at him for not cooperating but still taking the money? I mean, the timing is pretty coincidental, eh?

Don't mess with The Danny

Archived