Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Maese Twitter: Haynesworth Statement, 6-23-10

GenMgr

His statement is from the future? 6-24? Why don't I have my new iPhone then?

Seriously I hope he does report and I hope they make him run hills all day.

QFT. He's got some making up to do, with his teammates and the Skins FO. Make him run laps, Jimmy! Buddy Ryan style! :evilg:

Haynesworth: "Despite my current differences with the Redskins, I have always planned to attend training camp and honor my contract"

Per the CBA all players are required to show up for mandatory training camps, practices and games.

You already broke our contract. Mini-camp was mandatory.

What he said:

Haynesworth: "Despite my current differences with the Redskins, I have always planned to attend training camp and honor my contract"

What he really meant:

"The bank is on my ass & I really need the money I took from Dan."

Much as I'm upset with Crisco Ass, I think this press release isn't very controversial.

He's just saying "no more public comment" until issues are resolved.

So, he keeps his yap shut (except for donuts and Double Downs) until he's either traded or makes things good with the Skins.

I can live with that.

See, this is worse than him sitting out. I would not be surprised if he shows up at training camp and doesn't participate one bit in order to make himself into a huge distraction. This guy wants to be traded like nobody's business and he'll wreck the team if that's what it takes to get himself out of here. I'd much rather this dbag just stay home than make things harder on the rest of his team with his presence.

Will the coaching staff even let him come to training camp? Also, if he was told not to be around the team, can they still fine him for not attending training camp?

My guess would be no. If they tell him to stay home, they can't fine him.

Archived