Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DC Sports Bog: Cris Carter says Redskins had worst offseason in NFC

MattFancy

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/06/cris_carter_redskins_had_worst.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

I'm gonna go with the Washington Redskins," he said. "Donovan McNabb, that is a plus, They did finally get something in free agency, and [they got] a quarterback. But when you don't trade Albert Haynesworth and you add him to that locker-room mix....They always have tried the last several years to sign a bunch of guys, and none of it panned out, so I'm gonna go with Washington until some of that stuff works out."

"I would argue that the philosophy is still [importing] a lot of guys, but this year, maybe a little more low key in free agency, second- and third-tier," Kolber replied to Carter, coming to Washington's defense. "Obviously the big splash with Donovan, and they improved their offensive line."

Uh, what offseason has Cris Carter been paying attention to? How does a team that adds Mike Shanahan, Donovan McNabb, Jamaal Brown, Trent Williams, Larry Johnson, etc. not have a good offseason? Who in the NFC can say that had a better offseason? I'd say we had one of the best, definitely not the worst.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/06/cris_carter_redskins_had_worst.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

Uh, what offseason has Cris Carter been paying attention to? How does a team that adds Mike Shanahan, Donovan McNabb, Jamaal Brown, Trent Williams, Larry Johnson, etc. not have a good offseason? Who in the NFC can say that had a better offseason? I'd say we had one of the best, definitely not the worst.

You forgot to mention we got rid of Vinny :pfft:

They always have tried the last several years to sign a bunch of guys, and none of it panned out, so I'm gonna go with Washington until some of that stuff works out."

So,he's judging this offseason,on the other ones that didn't work out? Say what?

Does he know there's a different front office picking these players now?

Saw this on ESPN this morning. He essentially based this analysis on the Fat Al situation, totally ignoring the positive moves.

He said the Vikings had the best offseason. Go figure..

Yeah for real. What did the Vikings even do? Draft Toby Gehart?

They always have tried the last several years to sign a bunch of guys, and none of it panned out, so I'm gonna go with Washington until some of that stuff works out.

:doh:

Am I reading this right that since we didn't sign any big name FAs that we had a bad offseason? When did Cris Carter get in the head of Vinny Cerrato?

According to these people we never do anything right...

I'm writing this one off as :blahblah:

:bunny:

Chris Carter is just one of those guys that always has his face twisted up and is prepared to always put some negative on the Skins. I'm don't think we had the best off-season but to say it's the worst is just asinine. The only negative I see thus far was us not getting rid of Al for a 2nd-3rd when we had a chance. Oh well, I look at Al as an old relic from the last regime of decision makers whose days here are also numbered.

Chris Carter is just one of those guys that always has his face twisted up and is prepared to always put some negative on the Skins. I'm don't think we had the best off-season but to say it's the worst is just asinine. The only negative I see thus far was us not getting rid of Al for a 2nd-3rd when we had a chance. Oh well, I look at Al as an old relic from the last regime of decision makers whose days here are also numbered.

Wait, when did we almost get rid of Al for a 2nd and 3rd? I don't remember hearing that.

Wait, when did we almost get rid of Al for a 2nd and 3rd? I don't remember hearing that.

I heard what was probably some rumor on the radio the other day that we were reportedly offered a 2nd or 3rd (around the time of the draft) for Haynesworth, but Allen wanted more.

Carter played in Minnesota right? Not so hard to figure out that he still follows the Vikings a lot closer than other NFL teams.

So, no surprise in him boosting Childress and Co.

In re Washington, my gut reaction is that he couldn't name most of the new players the team has brought in.

He just doesn't follow the league that closely, which is one reason ESPN and other media should cut Carter loose, he's not prepared.

I have seen him on other occasions refer to players that were no longer on teams he was talking about.

Carter is retired period. He looks at his media job as simply free cash.

But that won't stop him from lauding Shanahan if the Redskins start out 4-0.

What a joke.

Carter has a Master's Degree in Dumbass, if he were my kid I'd tie a knot in my crank so it didn't happen again.

:ols::ols: I think he just chose the Skins 'cause he had to chose somebody who was noteworthy. Really no insight which is what I have come to expect when it comes to Cris Carter.

Cris Carter very rarely ever says anything positive about the Skins...His panties are just in a bunch because Art Monk finally got in the HOF and he cant seem to get the votes...LOSER.

That's another thing I wondered about too. Carter was a great player and will get into the Hall at some point. I don't understand all of the hate he has towards Monk and the organization. If he was anywhere near the fan/student of the game that he claims to be he would have applauded Art going in ahead of him and patiently wait his turn. IMO Gary should also go into that Hall ahead of Chrissy, but that's a topic for another thread.

Cris Carter very rarely ever says anything positive about the Skins...His panties are just in a bunch because Art Monk finally got in the HOF and he cant seem to get the votes...LOSER.
Let's be honest, he is probably pissed that Monk is a hall of famer and he is not.

The real crux of "GROVER'S" hatred right here. He practically whine on national TV that he didn't get in before Monk, even though Monk should have been in years before.

Archived