Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP.com - London Fletcher: Albert Haynesworth is 'selfish' (MET)

authentic

And I got yelled at and had a immature Mod mess with my account for arguing about AH.
Yeah, silly me. I violated the unwritten rule that you shouldn't bad mouth AH because that is what happened. Some mod got mad at me because I was saying AH was garbage and should be gone. I violated no rule.

I see a "Hi There" in your near future. :ols::ols:

One thing that might be missed is that he says that if AH does finally report, there won't be harsh words - they'll just get down to business.

I love that.

Nice interview - London is a smart, articulate player who represents our team well.

If Haynesworth does report I can see Fletch keeping his thoughts to himself but not the entire locker room. Someone behind closed doors will call that fat lazy POS out and all heck will break loose....he needs to just give the money back and we can send him on his way....

I wonder if he has NO TRADE clause...I'd send him to Buffalo for a ham sammich and let him freeze to death.

I've been saying all this stuff since we traded for AH. I was against it all along. And I got yelled at and had a immature Mod mess with my account for arguing about AH.

But thankfully London is now saying it too. So now its a legitimate POV. And now we have confirmatory proof that AH is a POS.

Some of us saw this all along. It's a shame so many had their heads buried so far into the sand that it got to this point.

Irony is lost on you, isn't it. :)

Yeah, silly me. I violated the unwritten rule that you shouldn't bad mouth AH because that is what happened. Some mod got mad at me because I was saying AH was garbage and should be gone. I violated no rule.

Tell you what Sunshine. I'm just going to relieve you the burden of logging back in here. You're free to Google up a new place for you to be clueless at. Just do your new neighbors a favor & try to leave your troll act in the closet wherever you land.

Toodles. :)

If Haynesworth does report I can see Fletch keeping his thoughts to himself but not the entire locker room. Someone behind closed doors will call that fat lazy POS out and all heck will break loose....he needs to just give the money back and we can send him on his way....

I wonder if he has NO TRADE clause...I'd send him to Buffalo for a ham sammich and let him freeze to death.

You know - there might be some talk, there might not be. If the team is really coming together, and if London is really leading, it could be that there really is nothing to say other than "welcome back - time to catch up to the rest of us."

I don't think he's coming back though.

As for a trade, I think it would be hilarious to send him to a smaller market team like Buffalo because the scrutiny of his off-field hijinks would amp up in a smaller place like that. Oooh boy.

Only non-pro bowl player to make it into the hall of fame, book it. That read like LF was possessed. You do not want that werewolf possessed. He'll bite-cha!

Haha I know! Possessed by the love child of the spirit of ES and the spirit of a PR rep.

I don't think he's coming back though.

As for a trade, I think it would be hilarious to send him to a smaller market team like Buffalo because the scrutiny of his off-field hijinks would amp up in a smaller place like that. Oooh boy.

Agreed I don't think he can show his face now but anything is possible. If he did go to Buffalo he could be there for the birth of his unborn child :)...wasn't his "girlfriend" from NY?

Something has got to give when it comes to making headlines.

From this Fletcher quote:

"I agree with the assessment that Albert has made a very selfish decision"

We get this WP headline:

"London Fletcher: Albert Haynesworth is 'selfish' "

:ols: And yes, there is quite the difference in both statements. One is making a statement about the particular act, the other is a judgment on the man overall.

Irony is lost on you, isn't it. :)

Tell you what Sunshine. I'm just going to relieve you the burden of logging back in here. You're free to Google up a new place for you to be clueless at. Just do your new neighbors a favor & try to leave your troll act in the closet wherever you land.

Toodles. :)

Thank you. That was long overdue.

This was a fight between the Washington Redskins and Albert Haynesworth. The problem was, Albert wasn't answering the bell and the Redskins kept saying, "We'll look passed it. You'll answer the bell when the time comes."

Everything everyone on the Redskins side and Albert's side was politically correct to the hilt. There were no issues. It was an understanding. Not a well liked understanding, but one regardless.

Then Albert pulls this.

Ok ok ok, I get all of that and you paint a pretty picture but it's simply not the whole truth.

Now I was just called a liar a few posts ago by my buddy ConnSKINS26 and I wouldn't ever stoop that low because well I'm better then him and he knows it (just kidding dude), but the way I see it is this simply did not go down like you just portrayed.

What I mean is do you think AH lived in a bubble the last few months and missed all of the stories of him not being here, how other players, coaches, etc felt about it? Was there not a ton of articles about it during the last few months he probably read? Was there not an admission today that he was told in Feb. by the staff he could/would be allowed to be traded? Was he not told by Shanny himself that he would be cut if he didn't take the money on April 1st?

Now if you can, put yourself in AH shoes. Your a FA and get courted by a bunch of teams. Your the very best at what you do and have to make a decision where to go. You got multiple offers from other teams but you decide to take the one you like most. It offers you slightly more money then the next offer, runs the same scheme you want to play in, has a rabid exciting fan base and rich history, and you think things are looking up. Then the season starts and you have arguably a bad year by your own standards. In comes the wrecking crew and blows up everything you liked about the team when you got here.

Gone is your coach. Gone is your system. Gone is everything except the money your owed. Your told that a new sherriff is in town and he don't take no crap from anyone. It's his way or the highway. Your then told your playing a new position and you have to accept it or LOSE 20+ million dollars.

Well it's not far fetched to think that this aint what you signed up for. So you go into protection mode. You start looking at possibilities and your options. Your down years got you in mess. You know you can't play forever, you know your not going to get 20 million guarenteed by your next club, you don't want to just walk away from that. You have a family to feed. So you find out how the players association views your contract...hence knowing that the 20 million was yours if you signed by April 1st...and you agree to play ball with the new ownership. But for months your names drug around in the mud, players are calling you out for not being there, and your told "you will do what we say".....Frankly your worried about how this is going down but go with the flow. Training camps about to start and you hear yesterdays nonsense that you got an unexpected physical coming up. Uh oh....maybe the teams found out a way to get the money back from you. Maybe they are about to screw you so naturally what do you do? You don't show up as expected. Now all hell's broken loose and your called the worst player who ever played for the team and every other name in the book.

Lets be honest. Would this be the first time the organization was said to have promised something to a player and then later not deliver? Second problem with this is rights. AH signed a contract to play for us last year for X amount of bucks thinking one thing, now a year later everythings changed on him, and the only option he's got is to turn down 20 million bucks? If you were AH would you suddenly turn down the money you were owed?

Seems the arguement here is two fold.

Those that believe a player has no rights after signing a contract and must do exactly as a team demands and becomes a slave to said team. Those in this camp are probably 95% of the forum I'm guessing. You all justify your belief that since AH got the millions this is the way it is. I as you know don't think this way. I've held jobs where my ass was owned (military for 9 years) and been on contracts where they could tell me what to do and this isn't the same to me.

Then there is the 5% of us that actually see AH's point of view and sympathize with the man. He didn't sign on to work with Shanny and company in a 3-4 defense. It was widely known at the time of us signing him that he didn't want to play in a 3-4 defense. I don't think if I were AH that I'd not try camp, but I do understand the risks with going in. If he were to get injured, say permanently he'd never be traded and he loves the game. He'd also be forced to do something he didn't want to do. Bottom line to me is I understand why he's sitting out.

What I don't understand is why LF wants to speak out against AH. Go to camp, shut your mouth, and worry about yourself. If the shoe was on the other foot LF I'm sure just like all players on any NFL team would not want anyone speaking against them. In a battle of public relations, having a tool like LF speaking up against AH right now helps the team, but as a player you really want to hear guys speak about you the way that Hall did. Respectfully and hopeful. You don't want to hear "AH is lazy" or "AH is selfish". Those sort of comments hurt all players in the league. LF spoke out of turn in my opinion.

Bottom line, it is only my opinion. You can have yours, I'll have mine. I love the Redskins, not individual players. Anther reason I don't like LF speaking this way is because I believe that if we were going to trade AH that this sort of thing hurts a players value because it shows they are disruptive. All Redskins fans should be able to see how that would hurt our chances for a trade

No. This was never a fight between London Fletcher and Albert Haynesworth. It's a fight between the Washington Redskins and Albert Haynesworth, and the Redskins just got the best rep they could on their side.

Agreed, but my problems with that...

1. LF should have been smarter then that to be used as a tool by the team. He never appeared to me to be a tool

2. LF should have looked at every player in the league and how this possibly affects them and toned it down. He never appeared to me to be stupid

3. The idea that this is about anything more then money I simply don't buy. To me this is a players rights to himself vs a teams rights to a player. AH isn't there at camp because he feels betrayed by the team. AH isn't at camp now because he doesn't feel as if he fits into the system the way he wants to fit in a system. He is a brand and doesn't feel as if he brands himself well in that system. You and I can quit our jobs if we wanted, if you got a bonus check and decided to quit after receiving it and were told you could keep it would you? AH found out he could get the 20 million and took it. I would do the same thing, and I'd bet 95% of the forum would too but you all wont admit it. The Redskins are mad because they feel robbed, he took the money and won't play. I get that, but they wrote the contract. They made the change to the 3-4 knowing there number 1 player didnt want to play that. They made choices not to trade him prior to April 1, or after. The front office screwed up. Now they are seeing that and using good solid players as tools to manipulate emotions. I don't like it

4. Fletcher knows what annomosity does to teams. He saw it last year with Sellers and Portis, yet he decided to stir the pot with AH. Sorry but we've had enough drama here to last this and next decades

Knowing how quiet London has been about things, doesn't it make you wonder why he felt compelled to answer the question like that? My guess (yes, its only a guess) is that he heard enough talk in the locker room to know that what he said was the feeling of the vast majority of his locker room.

It's not about 59 vs. 92. It's about an entire organization vs. 1.

See a problem with that?

Here's my take:

Individuals don't win titles, and that's what Albert is.

Ah yes you make a solid point here. But what affect does this have on AH as a team mate and individual? Wouldn't it be easier to the team having everyone stay quiet instead of this? Teammates trust one another or they don't. After seeing LF throw AH under the bus do you not think that his credibility and trustworthyness could be tarnished within the eyes of his fellow players? AH is most certinily not the only "individual" we have on the team now yet he is highest paid player we have so his target is much bigger and brighter then others. And for the record regardless of what happened here, that doesn't change. I understand team concept, but a locker room devided will not stand. And we simply don't know how its going to end up with AH and the Redskins. So he could very well return to the team at some point and then they will have something else to deal with. Something that in my opinion shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

You're going so far out of your way to create a hypothetical scenario/history that would make AH's actions slightly sympathetic, when the most obvious answer is usually the one that's the most obvious. In this case, that AH is a lying *** hole, who manipulated the team in return for >$20 Million that he wouldn't have gotten if he had gone this route just 3 months earlier.

I also don't see Fletcher as being used as a "tool" by the team. He is, of his own volition, representing the interests of his team and organization. There will be no locker room division over this, because part of having a team-first culture, is that AH is the pariah here, not Fletcher for pointing it out.

And you've obviously missed that more players have come forth, such as Daniels and Rabach.

Daniels even used the words "I speak for the team when I say this".

The team feels betrayed. Shanahan feels that way. Everyone feels that way but you. Now what's more likely? That its because Haynesworth betrated them, or the scenario that you had to painstakingly craft to paint AH in a positive light? I know which one I'd pick.

Or in Adam Schefter's words just now on NFL Network, "Haynesworth stomped on the Redskins' face". And if Schefter is putting that kind of emotion into a report on the situation, you can bet its because his good friend Shanahan feels exactly that way. Betrayed.

You're going so far out of your way to create a hypothetical scenario/history that would make AH's actions slightly sympathetic, when the most obvious answer is usually the one that's the most obvious. In this case, that AH is a lying *** hole, who manipulated the team in return for >$20 Million that he wouldn't have gotten if he had gone this route just 3 months earlier.

No I'm not, I'm analyzing this situation without a preconcieved notion that the team is right or wrong, or that AH is right or wrong. The biggest problem you have with my opinion and hey man like it's just my opinion, is that you already have a bad guy in mind here and made up your mind.

AH is a lying whatever....he manipulated the team?....Tell me how does someone do that exactly? Please tell me how I can manipulate the Redskins into giving me a 100 million dollars please. Or tell me how I can manipulate the NFLPA into saying that 21 million guarentee is mine. Or better yet tell me you read Shanny's presser and comments today. And specifically show me where he says that AH manipulated the team into giving him that 21million bonus. I just read it and Shanny says he talked to AH's agent, not AH. He said he assumed he was on board and that accepting that money meant something...where does it say AH manipulated the team to give it to him, or for that matter tell me why didn't the team just release him if they could have done so and saved 21 million bucks. I'm waiting

I also don't see Fletcher as being used as a "tool" by the team. He is, of his own volition, representing the interests of his team and organization. There will be no locker room division over this, because part of having a team-first culture, is that AH is the pariah here, not Fletcher for pointing it out.

And you've obviously missed that more players have come forth, such as Daniels and Rabach.

Daniels even used the words "I speak for the team when I say this".

The team feels betrayed. Shanahan feels that way. Everyone feels that way but you. Now what's more likely? That its because Haynesworth betrated them, or the scenario that you had to painstakingly craft to paint AH in a positive light? I know which one I'd pick.

Or in Adam Schefter's words just now on NFL Network, "Haynesworth stomped on the Redskins' face". And if Schefter is putting that kind of emotion into a report on the situation, you can bet its because his good friend Shanahan feels exactly that way. Betrayed.

We all expirence different feelings etc. I'm simply speaking about this from my own opinion. I don't feel the need to convice you to think as I do, frankly I don't think you could. I'm a twisted dude, but that doesn't make me wrong eh? Truthfully neither of us is completely wrong here I believe.

Hall said it best when he said today, once AH returns those "betrayals" will turn into "smiles", if you don't think a war is unfolding right before your eyes then wise up. It is. I'm not on AH side, I know he said he would be there today and yes TK and you and the other posters are right, that makes AH a liar. But glass houses and all that, who doesn't lie? The fact is I'm not against AH either.

To me I am just being empathic and recognizing some truths as I see them and speaking not from an unpopular place. I am very observant and have seen this before. There will be more to come about this for sure. I think you'd serve yourself better if you didn't take things at face value all the time.

Bottom line is it's just my opinion man, you take this way too seriouslyand worst part to me is you weren't even alive to see the glory years. I want you to remember, we are bothers bleeding Burgondy and Gold. We are on the same side. We just think differently.

No I'm not, I'm analyzing this situation without a preconcieved notion that the team is right or wrong, or that AH is right or wrong. The biggest problem you have with my opinion and hey man like it's just my opinion, is that you already have a bad guy in mind here and made up your mind.

I think that if I was predisposed towards a certain side of this situation, it would be towards AH's, as I've gone out of my way, as you are now, to "defend" him against seemingly half of ES. So I'm pretty sure that I'm not very biased here. Now, its possible that I feel burned, and bitter about it, but if so its because I feel betrayed, just like the team itself does.

AH is a lying whatever....he manipulated the team?....Tell me how does someone do that exactly? Please tell me how I can manipulate the Redskins into giving me a 100 million dollars please. Or tell me how I can manipulate the NFLPA into saying that 21 million guarentee is mine. Or better yet tell me you read Shanny's presser and comments today. And specifically show me where he says that AH manipulated the team into giving him that 21million bonus. I just read it and Shanny says he talked to AH's agent, not AH. He said he assumed he was on board and that accepting that money meant something...where does it say AH manipulated the team to give it to him,

I thought this part was pretty easy to understand...

The team made it clear that if he didn't want to play for the Redskins, and didn't take the $21 Million, they'd cut him loose to go where he wanted.

They also made it clear that if he DID take the $21 Million check, they'd expect him to play whatever position they asked to the best of his ability, to help the team.

So naturally, when he took the money, and even when he skipped voluntary OTA's (which I defended vehemently, by the way), Shanahan and the team believed he was on board...because that's what he told them. He told his teammates he'd be there. He told the media he'd be there. He even went out of his way to tell some guy from ES who bumped into him in an airport that he'd be there.

He also went out of his way to check with the NFLPA whether going to mandatory camps or not would effect whether the $21 Million was still his. They told him there would be no problem there (whether that's true or not will become clear in the coming months, I'd assume).

And then...he didn't go. And he capped it off by asking for a trade and saying he did NOT want to play for the Redskins. You even admit further down in your post that he lied.

How is that NOT manipulating?

or for that matter tell me why didn't the team just release him if they could have done so and saved 21 million bucks. I'm waiting

Its already been explained to you in another thread by a few posters, but your answer is that it would have had to be an agreement, as that $21 Million is guaranteed money. If they just cut him, he'd get to keep his $21 Million.

We all expirence different feelings etc. I'm simply speaking about this from my own opinion. I don't feel the need to convice you to think as I do, frankly I don't think you could. I'm a twisted dude, but that doesn't make me wrong eh? Truthfully neither of us is completely wrong here I believe. Bottom line is it's just my opinion man, you take this way too seriously

This I don't disagree with. It really all started because you were not only voicing your opinion, but doing it in away that rubbed some people the wrong way, with me obviously being one of them. You just had a pattern of posts that put yourself on a pedastal above others that I had noticed, and felt needed to be brought up. As you say, just my opinion.

worst part to me is you weren't even alive to see the glory years. I want you to remember, we are bothers bleeding Burgondy and Gold. We are on the same side. We just think differently.

:cheers: Cheers to that, man. That's true, things can get heated on here sometimes. But do I wish I could've experienced those glory years live, as well.

I like these comments from London, because I believe that the team will now unite AGAINST Haynesworth. A lot of comments in there suggest that the players on this defense want to show they can be dominant w/o Big Al. I know for sure, if I was on that defense, I'd be VERY motivated by this situation.

Are you guys actually sitting up here arguing (debating) with Addicted? Any and every excuse available for AH has been used up at this point. Nothing left to argue people. He (fat albert) made you all look like fools for supporting him and his stance.

Are you guys actually sitting up here arguing (debating) with Addicted? Any and every excuse available has been used up at this point. Nothing left to argue people. He made you all look like fools for supporting him and his stance.

Huh? Have you actually read the posts? Addicted is the one defending AH, not anyone debating with him.

Huh? Have you actually read the posts? Addicted is the one defending AH, not anyone debating with him.

I know this. I was referring to him when I was talking about all available excuses had been used up for AH.

I made some modifications to my post to make it more clear.

I know this. I was referring to him when I was talking about all available excuses had been used up for AH.

I made some modifications to my post to make it more clear.

Oh gotcha! My bad. I agree with you, then.

Originally posted by CONNSKINS26

I thought this part was pretty easy to understand...

The team made it clear that if he didn't want to play for the Redskins, and didn't take the $21 Million, they'd cut him loose to go where he wanted.

They also made it clear that if he DID take the $21 Million check, they'd expect him to play whatever position they asked to the best of his ability, to help the team.

So naturally, when he took the money, and even when he skipped voluntary OTA's (which I defended vehemently, by the way), Shanahan and the team believed he was on board...because that's what he told them. He told his teammates he'd be there. He told the media he'd be there. He even went out of his way to tell some guy from ES who bumped into him in an airport that he'd be there.

He also went out of his way to check with the NFLPA whether going to mandatory camps or not would effect whether the $21 Million was still his. They told him there would be no problem there (whether that's true or not will become clear in the coming months, I'd assume).

And then...he didn't go. And he capped it off by asking for a trade and saying he did NOT want to play for the Redskins. You even admit further down in your post that he lied.

How is that NOT manipulating?

It took 7 pages but this post 100% summarizes the events that lead up to and took place today with AH demanding a trade and not showing up for the mandatory camp :applause:. I really don't see how anyone can defend AH with what we know now....I would prefer him off our team but if Allen and Shanny force the issue I hope they only let him play on the FG block team...lets see how close he can get to the great Reggie White by not playing on Sundays. He already has his money pay him the 9 mil we still owe in guaranteed money and let him sit the bench...I know it won't be popular to waste a roster spot but he has embarrassed the team they need to return the favor......

Are you guys actually sitting up here arguing (debating) with Addicted? Any and every excuse available for AH has been used up at this point. Nothing left to argue people. He (fat albert) made you all look like fools for supporting him and his stance.

It's threads like this that let me know which posters to listen to.

I mean, before, I thought it was pretty clear that Haynesworth sucked, was a prick, and should have been there.

He removed ALL doubt last night with his bombshell.

Now people are STILL defending him? THOSE are the posters who are just wasting time and trying to up their post counts.

Archived