Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP.com - London Fletcher: Albert Haynesworth is 'selfish' (MET)

authentic

Everyone's got an opinion but not everyone should speak theres.

Please practice what you preach because no matter what type of argument you put up here about LF being wrong you will not win.. This team is finally trying to be a unity and we have the defensive captain/face of our franchise saying "enough is enough" and you want him to take a back seat and say nothing like we've done for the past couple of years?? Are you serious????

Al lied to everyone.

Everyone.

He had assured Shanny & Bruce he'd be here. He had been telling his team mates he'd be here. He even lied to guy here on ES that had a thread about seeing him in the airport. He completely blindsided Shanny with this no show.

He also lied about doing what ever they (the organization) asked him to do and not wanting to get traded because of a change in scheme...

ADAM SCHEIN: I know you’re energized about Shanhan, but we talked a little earlier about you potentially being cast out of position in the 3-4 Have you considered asking for a trade?

ALBERT HAYNESWORTH: No I haven’t, I’m going to be happy wherever they play me at. If you really look at it, a DE in 3-4 is the same as a DT in a 4-3. I’m just ready to get out there and get after it.

pinokio.jpg

Understand all of that TK but seriously you don't get the point.

How do you or I or better...LF know what happens with the AH situation when its all said and done?

Are you saying that you are certain he is off the team...for good? Are you saying that it's ok for one player to go to the media running there mouth off about another one and it be "good" for the team?

Last year when Portis and Sellers were arguing, would you have thought it ok if they both had a soap opera in print? How would that have worked out?

Or what if the front office was courting a player, would you like someone on the team to be very negative about the player in public?

Everyone's got an opinion but not everyone should speak theres. Damage can be done when people speak for the organization. You mistake my post to say that I support the actions of AH, I don't. But I also do not support players under any circumstances going to the media about other players. This teams been smeared over the past 15 years with training camp fights, arguements between players and coaches, and in between players and we need discapline. We need the coaching staff and the front office to be the unified speaking voice for the team now, not cause potential problems between players and players. This was never a fight between LF and AH but now it will be and that's wrong. Don't think what Fletcher said was necessary, needed, or even wanted and you don't see that sort of thing ever working itself out. It's my belief that this sort of nonsense will keep a fight between AH and the Redskins going and add fuel to the fire, instead of bring any resolution to the matter.

How exactly do you know they supported this? I contend that the coaches could very well have put restraints on players speaking about AH but did they? I think what you see happen next will tell that story. If no more speaches come out about AH from current players then they have put a lid on this, if we hear more then they support it. But never in Shanny's time in Denver can I remember him allowing players to say things about other players like this. I don't believe any one in the organization wants this to spiral out of control on them and having players speaking about other people's business is a fast track to losing control.

Fletcher didn't "take it to the media" and also wasn't "running his mouth". He was asked a question and responded honestly. Just because you, like Haynesworth, refuse to accept the blatant truths that are right in front of you doesn't mean they are without merit. YOU are the one who is creating this LF vs. AH battle that you claim Fletcher has started. False. You know why there wasn't one before and isn't one now? Because when the most respected, hardest-working, consistently reliable LEADER of your defense publicly says something regarding your motivation and selfish attitude, it means you have motivation problems and a selfish attitude.

London Fletcher has proven he knows and possesses what it takes to be successful as a football player and as a leader of the men around him. Disregarding what he has to say on ANY football-related matter makes you a fool. And trying to cover up your weak argument by attacking the means through which Fletcher expressed himself makes you a coward, and an unintelligent one at that. The media is a part of sports...get over it. If Haynesworth wasn't absent from all team activities, I'm sure he would have heard it straight from Fletcher's mouth. But since the team and LF found out about Haynesworth's mindset through the media, it makes it even more acceptable for Fletcher to voice his opinion in the same manner when asked questions regarding the situation.

Wow. STILL boosting your own ego and tooting your own horn, even after I pointed out how often you do it, which would embarrass most people into being more rational and less egotistical. But I guess that's what having an over-blown ego is all about, eh? :)

And it wasn't a promise, it was a thought. The size of your head and your stubborn nature on this issue, which you are totally alone on, is too entertaining to not engage in :ols:

The real problem is your brain is much too small for you to see how I just proved my point and used you like a tool. This back and forth between isn't about the original issue anymore is it? Uh no. It is no longer about LF or AH, now it's about you and I. Hmmmm sound familiar? It should.

Just like I said that LF was wrong to stick his nose in an issue between AH and the Redskins, so were you to make this about you and I. You just proved my point. Do you think other forum posters want to read this crap between us? Once you started in on my I knew you were way too predictable and would react like that. My game, you lose. You jumping on me, caused this to be about you and I, just like LF jumping on AH will cause that to now be about AH and LF. This isn't supposed to be about you or I, or is it supposed to be about LF and AH. Us interjecting our own two cents about the other has changed the tone and message completely. Now its about us and it's personal. See the problem now? Do you get the point yet? I'd venture to guess no

My point all along is this is an issue between a player and an organization. The more player on player verbal attacks we see the harder it will be to come to a resolution that works in the teams favor. The harder it will be for the team to get value out of moving AH off the team. The harder it will be to squash the beef if he returns to the team. This needs to stay out of the media and behind closed doors regardless of how great you feel reading the drama. Football is a sport, and a business. It's not a soap opera. Stop egging it on like you are a bunch of drama queens

The real problem is your brain is much too small for you to see how I just proved my point and used you like a tool. This back and forth between isn't about the original issue anymore is it? Uh no. It is no longer about LF or AH, now it's about you and I. Hmmmm sound familiar? It should.

Just like I said that LF was wrong to stick his nose in an issue between AH and the Redskins, so were you to make this about you and I. You just proved my point. Do you think other forum posters want to read this crap between us? Once you started in on my I knew you were way too predictable and would react like that. My game, you lose. You jumping on me, caused this to be about you and I, just like LF jumping on AH will cause that to now be about AH and LF. This isn't supposed to be about you or I, or is it supposed to be about LF and AH. Us interjecting our own two cents about the other has changed the tone and message completely. Now its about us and it's personal. See the problem now? Do you get the point yet? I'd venture to guess no

My point all along is this is an issue between a player and an organization. The more player on player verbal attacks we see the harder it will be to come to a resolution that works in the teams favor. The harder it will be for the team to get value out of moving AH off the team. The harder it will be to squash the beef if he returns to the team. This needs to stay out of the media and behind closed doors regardless of how great you feel reading the drama. Football is a sport, and a business. It's not a soap opera. Stop egging it on like you are a bunch of drama queens

You're whole argument rests on the premise that Al will be playing on defense this year. I don't think that's very likely no matter what happens he's taken himself out of that part of the equation. When one player has taken himself out of the team, then it's no longer about teammates and none of that "keep it in house" stuff applies.

No. The problem is you and how you think you are smarter and a better fan than everyone else here even when you are proven wrong.

Players stay out of other players 'contract issues'. This is different. What Fat Albert is doing is unprecedented.

What he is doing now, in my opinion is causing severe harm to his fellow teammates, but more importantly to his fraternity of fellow NFLers. Something like this does not stay behind closed doors.

Kudos to London for calling Albert out.

I've been saying all this stuff since we traded for AH. I was against it all along. And I got yelled at and had a immature Mod mess with my account for arguing about AH.

But thankfully London is now saying it too. So now its a legitimate POV. And now we have confirmatory proof that AH is a POS.

Some of us saw this all along. It's a shame so many had their heads buried so far into the sand that it got to this point.

:ols: Okay, I see you'll go to any lengths to try and prove your point to the less intelligent masses. I hope that my oh-so-small brain was useful in illustrating your point, and stroking your ego :doh:

The problem is, that your point all along has been wrong.

The one thing you are correct about here, is that it is an issue between a player and our organization, in the past two separate groups.

What you are failing to recognize, is that Fletcher is making a statement that those two entities, on the Redskins, are now one and the same. We are a TEAM, from the GM, to the HC, to the players, to the pratice squad.

You are saying that Fletcher should leave the issue to the team/organization to handle, but in your rambling, you miss that London IS those things, as are all of the players who are buying in: basically, everyone but AH.

Making these comments confirms the existance of something we've all wanted for a long time: a team-first culture at Redskins Park.

I've been saying all this stuff since we traded for AH. I was against it all along. And I got yelled at and had a immature Mod mess with my account for arguing about AH.

But thankfully London is now saying it too. So now its a legitimate POV. And now we have confirmatory proof that AH is a POS.

Some of us saw this all along. It's a shame so many had their heads buried so far into the sand that it got to this point.

Funny thing. I've been a member here going on 9 years. In all that time I've never seen someone someone get a rectal cranial inversion avatar without earning it. [sarc] But I'm sure you are the first. [/sarc] :ols:

Funny thing. I've been a member here going on 9 years. In all that time I've never seen someone someone get a rectal cranial inversion avatar without earning it. [sarc] But I'm sure you are the first. [/sarc] :ols:

Yeah, silly me. I violated the unwritten rule that you shouldn't bad mouth AH because that is what happened. Some mod got mad at me because I was saying AH was garbage and should be gone. I violated no rule.

Just like I said that LF was wrong to stick his nose in an issue between AH and the Redskins

This pretty much sums up why everyone in this thread thinks you're an idiot. London Fletcher and the Redskins are one and the same. He is speaking on behalf of not only himself, but the rest of his teammates and the organization as a whole. He has earned the right to do so and is being condemned by someone who clearly has no grasp on the concept of leadership and how it pertains to success/winning.

You're whole argument rests on the premise that Al will be playing on defense this year. I don't think that's very likely no matter what happens he's taken himself out of that part of the equation. When one player has taken himself out of the team, then it's no longer about teammates and none of that "keep it in house" stuff applies.

It's speculation....big time speculation to think that he's off the team. Saying anything else about the matter in my eyes isn't true.

Chances are, everyone on the team has been wanting to say something to Haynesworth. Noone had so far. Fletcher spoke as the voice of the team, so that not everybody had to. I imagine most of them had been waiting and wishing for someone to speak up about it, and the most respected leader on the team has. There's now no need for everyone to get into a verbal fight with him. The leader of the players has spoken for them. So it's not a beef between Fletcher and Haynesworth. It's a beef from the team to Haynesworth.

This pretty much sums up why everyone in this thread thinks you're an idiot. London Fletcher and the Redskins are one and the same. He is speaking on behalf of not only himself, but the rest of his teammates and the organization as a whole.
He has earned the right to do so and is being condemned by someone who clearly has no grasp on the concept of leadership and how it pertains to success/winning.

Yes. Yes exactly.

There's now no need for everyone to get into a verbal fight with him. The leader of the players has spoken for them. So it's not a beef between Fletcher and Haynesworth. It's a beef from the team to Haynesworth.

Another yes for you. I don't know how he doesn't get it, as if Fletcher is a rogue element who doesn't stand for everyone. This is a sign of solidarity and team strength.

No. The problem is you and how you think you are smarter and a better fan than everyone else here even when you are proven wrong.

No I don't think that about myself. However in this issue no one's proven me wrong about anything. I still believe that no one knows AH future, not you, not a mod or admin, not Shannahan, not Fletcher, hell I don't even think AH knows what's in his future. If no one knows then we should be doing what is in the best interest of the REDSKINS and that includes players keeping out of the media. It's not hard to see how giving the impression you want to get rid of a player hurts your bargining at the trade table. It shouldn't also be hard to understand how one player reading he is "selfish" in the paper could have a negative impact on the playing field.

I do hold myself in high regard but I also hold others as well and don't think of myself as better then anyone. This forum is full of posters with nasty attitudes who throw around insults in every response they give. So really I don't see how so many of you can toss the stones in my direction with you living in your own glass house? I guess it's just because you live on the East Coast and I am in Texas. Maybe it's because you feel as if you have more time on the forum then I do, who knows? Bottom line to me is you attacked me, brought up previous posts, and generally acted like a jerk to me and wonder why I was one to you? Really?

Bottom line to me is you attacked me, brought up previous posts, and generally acted like a jerk to me and wonder why I was one to you? Really?

That wasn't Mad Mike, that was me. And I didn't attack you or act like a jerk. I was honest.

I posted that, and brought up your previous posts, because I thought your ego needed a check. As you can see, it rubbed other people the wrong way as well.

I quoted plenty of your posts where you make it obvious that you think you are better and more intelligent than other posters, so the rest of your post is a lie.

EDIT: I also see that you never responded to my last post, I think on the last page (so you may have just missed it).

Do you think other forum posters want to read this crap between us?

Sure we do. It's amusing on a day when most of us are very angry that a player isn't living up to his contract, and has (apparently) never intended to, despite his public/media comments. Please do continue to entertain us. :silly:

If AH plays again for the Redskins, it is he who will have to change his mental game, attitude and work ethic, and seek acceptance from the front office and his fellow team mates.

Fletcher made no personal comments that had to do with his contract, or the frustrations the players must be experiencing. His negative comments had to do with observable behavior, and as the team captain of the defense, he can make those comments if he so choses.

This was never a fight between LF and AH but now it will be and that's wrong. Don't think what Fletcher said was necessary, needed, or even wanted and you don't see that sort of thing ever working itself out.

This was a fight between the Washington Redskins and Albert Haynesworth. The problem was, Albert wasn't answering the bell and the Redskins kept saying, "We'll look passed it. You'll answer the bell when the time comes."

Everything everyone on the Redskins side and Albert's side was politically correct to the hilt. There were no issues. It was an understanding. Not a well liked understanding, but one regardless.

Then Albert pulls this.

No. This was never a fight between London Fletcher and Albert Haynesworth. It's a fight between the Washington Redskins and Albert Haynesworth, and the Redskins just got the best rep they could on their side.

Knowing how quiet London has been about things, doesn't it make you wonder why he felt compelled to answer the question like that? My guess (yes, its only a guess) is that he heard enough talk in the locker room to know that what he said was the feeling of the vast majority of his locker room.

It's not about 59 vs. 92. It's about an entire organization vs. 1.

See a problem with that?

Here's my take:

Individuals don't win titles, and that's what Albert is.

KDawg, he's not going to get your point. I said almost literally the exact same thing.

Well, let's see what happens with it. Who knows. Maybe he'll see it, maybe he won't. Maybe we'll have a great conversation. *shrug*

Archived