Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2010 - Free HD This year

USS Redskins

So I just signed up for Directv and the ticket (I pray I have line of site for them to install it, last year at my old place they were unable to). I went through a third party and I'm paying $54.99 per month for 5 months for the Sunday Ticket and whatever the top package is that has ALL of the channells, all HBO's, Showtime, etc., with free HD of course. The tv package itself normally costs $120, so I'm basically getting that half off with Sunday Ticket free. Swizeet!

Yeah, but how much are you committed to? 24 months of the top package?

I've been slowly trying to figure out the cheapest way to add the Red Zone channel with Dish. That's a big step down from Sunday Ticket, which I used to get, but I think it'll be just good enough to keep me from buying $10 burgers and $3 Miller Lites at the bar.

The best deal I've been offered -- again from a 3rd party (ae-tx.com) like your D* deal -- is $35 for the receiver after rebate, BYO dish, no activation fee, and $52/month for their 120+ package plus Red Zone. This is using the Dish "Flex" pre-paid system so that I can sign up for four months and then cancel -- then sign up again next season.

I would be curious if anybody can tell me about NFL Network's GameDay channel compared DirecTV's RedZone channel. I am sure DirecTV does not carry it as it sees it as a competitive product and Sicilliano can annoy sometimes but overall, he does a bang up job...and he is from Virginia.

Re: Red Zone -- I've seen it receive "Now that I've tried it, I'll never go back" reviews here, at the Satellite Guys forum I linked above, and from Kornheiser on his DC radio show. Between the Skins games that sneak in on free TV, even down in the Carolinas, and the free radio feed, I think the Red Zone will be a big step up.

boom! just called directv... told them i was canceling my subscription and they offered me free sunday ticket this year... i said i wanted free hd also, and they gave me that too for 12 months... no contract extension required, i just can't cancel in the next 60 days... i just saved $435!!

thanks guys!!

Figured I'd share my experience.

Saw my new monthly bill and immediately freaked when it was a whopping $210 dollars. I have the premier package but decided to ditch the ticket this year since I was no longer willing to foot a bill that large.

When I called up they notified me that HD was free this year, but I insisted that I was no longer willing to pay for the ticket. Once I said my peace the lady then offered me the ticket at a discount of $20 per month. That's $29.99 per month for a total of $179.94.

Much more manageable, but while I've had her make a note for the amount on my account I think I am going to skip it this year.

Figured I'd share my experience.

Saw my new monthly bill and immediately freaked when it was a whopping $210 dollars. I have the premier package but decided to ditch the ticket this year since I was no longer willing to foot a bill that large.

When I called up they notified me that HD was free this year, but I insisted that I was no longer willing to pay for the ticket. Once I said my peace the lady then offered me the ticket at a discount of $20 per month. That's $29.99 per month for a total of $179.94.

Much more manageable, but while I've had her make a note for the amount on my account I think I am going to skip it this year.

Don't do it bro!.. It's free HD!.. :pfft:

Edit: I'm still wondering if it's free for me too.. I'm going to having to check this out tomorrow cause normally I just pay with out even looking at what I'm paying for. Well really I just give my woman the money and she take's care of the bills.

24 month contract, and after the 5 months I can switch to whatever tv plan I want, which will still be about $55 a month. :beavisnbutthead: Hate much?

No hating intended. Just sounded like that a commitment would be part of that plan. Otherwise I would have been interested myself!

The whole cable/dish thing is a mess. I've noticed that the best deals (new equipment, add-ons like ST or HD, etc) with Dish and DirecTV tend to go to those with monthly bills at the retail rate that are at or over $120, who they try to keep happy. (Which, duh, makes sense.)

Just got the $20 off for 6 months for the NFL package and free HD for a year. I tried to go online and get the sports extra, so I can watch Training Camp Daily for the next month and said I had to upgrade to the next package since mine was no longer existed. That means going from $79 to $112...wtf? I may call again later cause I love that show. I need my TCD fix damn it!

Put me down as another DirectTV customer who called and received a $20 off for 6 months (from $300 to $180 total) for Sunday Ticket with HD (aka SuperFan included). They first said they could take off $10 off per month but when I said I still will need to cancel they offered another $10 off for $20 off total. SWEET!

Thanks to all who shared this info!

Sweet! I just called and complained that they auto renewed me for $300 Sunday Ticket and they transferred me to the Sunday Ticket department. The lady offered me the $20 off for 6 months. Total cost is $180 vice $300! Plus the games are all in HD.

Thanks for the info on this.

Hail.

I called DirectTV and got this list of discounts from the first guy I talked to... granted I've never called and asked for a deal before either:

1. $10 off for 12 months

2. Free HD for 2 yrs = $240

3. $150 credit for Sunday Ticket ( I kept the mobile access, because I watch it for FF and even watched the Skins/Saints game from Arrowhead last yr... boy was that an awful trip back to St louis)

4. A free upgrade to the new total home DVR thing which is normally $150

Sweet! I just called and complained that they auto renewed me for $300 Sunday Ticket and they transferred me to the Sunday Ticket department. The lady offered me the $20 off for 6 months. Total cost is $180 vice $300! Plus the games are all in HD.

Thanks for the info on this.

Hail.

I got it too.

Plus 6 mos free showtime and starz :cool:

(I already had the $10 HD discount thing...)

Just canceled my NFL Sunday Ticket....I was thrown a discount offer of $10 off my monthly bill for 2 years and the price of the ticket would be reduced to $29.99 for 6 months, totaling $180 ($120 factoring in the $10 monthly credit/discount)

Not bad. Unfortunately, I still had to cancel it -_-

I also got the ticket knocked down to $180 just by threatening to drop it. They also threw in the free upgrade to the whole house dvr which was hooked up yesterday. Works great and was worth the call itself.

For those of you with a HD DVR, this is a must as you can watch your recordings on any other HD receiver in the house. They also hooked up an internet connection to my boxes for on demand.

So my current bill has been about 80-90 bucks a month for the last year. My contract ran out and I called to cancel to dish and this is what they gave me:

16 dollars was added to my current bill for the sunday ticket in high def

My bill will be 60 dollars a month for the next 6 months, then after that go back to the normal 80-90 that I have been paying

So I get the Ticket in high def and the redzone channel all for free and save 30 dollars a month on my bill!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So my current bill has been about 80-90 bucks a month for the last year. My contract ran out and I called to cancel to dish and this is what they gave me:

16 dollars was added to my current bill for the sunday ticket in high def

My bill will be 60 dollars a month for the next 6 months, then after that go back to the normal 80-90 that I have been paying

So I get the Ticket in high def and the redzone channel all for free and save 30 dollars a month on my bill!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thought I would bump this since were getting closer. I just made my call and got the same deal the OP got in the update. $180.00 total plus free HD for a year. He said that HD is going to be free in the near future anyway but my credit is for 12 months at $10., the discount on the ticket is $20. for six months. So yeah, I am happy again and can't wait for season. The RZ and the SuperFan are now included with the ticket btw.

• 2 weeks later...

Argh I recently moved and don't have much experience with this, plz help, I just got off the online chat and this doesn't sound like a deal at all to me. I dont give a crap about movie channels, all I want is my Redskin football on Sunday.

The way it was explained is that I get a package for $59.99 which includes the Sunday ticket then after the 5 months are bumped to $119 a month as its the cost of the regular premium. You can change your programming after the 5 months but you get none of the intro deals apply so say if you went to basic programming instead of the intro deal of $26.99 a month it costs you $58.99 for the remainder of the contract.

(59.99 x 5 months) + (58.99 x 19 months) = Total COST: $1420.76

So if the NFL pacakge costs $319 a month out of pocket, isn't it better for me to get the $26.99 deal for 24 months and then add the NFL ticket?

($26.99 x 24) + 319 = TOTAL COST: $966.76

I could get the basic for 2 years and assuming I pay the full price for the Sunday Ticket in both 2010 and 2011 its still cheaper than this "deal" they are offering. What gives?

Archived