Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2010 - Free HD This year

USS Redskins

I tried the haggling with a DirccTV rep back in march, telling him the costs kept going up each year and to cancel my order for NFL Ticket, and he ended up giving me the HD free, but by the looks of it I need to do more haggling..lol...

You'd think after having NFL Ticket for 9 years they would be more apt to work with you!

But it was kinda neat to watch the unruly fans in Cleveland chunking **** at the refs awhile back, and seeing it live gave me alot better view of all the items being thrown, so flipping channels from time to time does pay off...

But my idea of selective game watching would be to pick whichever game{s} you wanted to watch and click the box along side of the match-up, since their system is interactive, it wouldn't be much of a problem to configure.

So basically they offer it to you free this year, but jack up the price to make it look like you aren't paying for it. Brilliant!!!
Well and forcing everyone to pay for it. I used to have DirecTV but when we moved into this last apartment we couldn't get it. I am not closing on a home at the end of this month and I think I am just going to do FiOS even though I'll miss Sunday ticket.

Well and forcing everyone to pay for it. I used to have DirecTV but when we moved into this last apartment we couldn't get it. I am not closing on a home at the end of this month and I think I am just going to do FiOS even though I'll miss Sunday ticket.

Go with FiOS you won't regret it. DirecTV is nice because of Sunday Ticket, but its so expensive. Just get the RedZone Channel and you'll be set. Might not get to see the whole game, but you'll see the important parts and its ALOT less money.

I gave up the ticket last year, even after they offered me the $150 deal. Tired of paying out the nose to watch a crappy team. I kind of want it back now that Shanahan is the coach, but I am trying to keep costs down these days and I am tired of haggling with DTV. If they offered the whole ticket for $199 without the haggling, I would think they would get many more takers.

uh superfan aint free, they're forcing those that don't normally buy it to pay for it....the total cost of sunday ticket is now $315....much more than in previous years....I always get superfan so its not that big a deal for me....but if you dont usually get superfan or you dont have HD tv, then you are getting screwed.....

The Ticket costs have gone up between $10 and $20 each year for a long time. It went up $15 to $315 this year but the Superfan is included... last year you had to pay $99 more for a total of $399 for the ticket and superfan... you ARE getting superfan free this year. If you dont have a HDTV then you would still pay the $315.

I dont think anyone is forcing you to pay for anything... just cancel.

I will never pay the full price and they have been great working with me on the cost the last few years. I have found that being nice works best.

• 4 weeks later...

Last years price for me was also $149.94 after they gave me a $20 credit per month for 6 months plus free Superfan (taking another $100 of my plate)

This year, they say Superfan is free, so we don't have to pay extra for HD games, but I know we now lose the ability to watch the games on the internet for free; that now costs like $50....... They have also increased the base price from $44.99 a month for 6 months to I think $49.99 a month for 7 months now haven't they? I could have sworn they upped the price $5 per month and tacked on another month.

As long as you call and complain, you can definitely get some credits thrown your way. From experience, they only allow (2) reoccurring credits that appear on your bill for more then one month; the key is to get them to do a bulk credit on one month's bill. I haven't tried the "free HD" credit for 24 months, but I will try to get that plus another reoccurring credit to go with it (like another $10 one) for 6 or 12 month and then get them to give me the same price like last year of $149.94 or the most I will then pay is 15% over that, since that seems like the uppage they have done this year, otherwise, no more NFL Sunday Ticket for me.... too darn expensive, especially in this economy.

Also, if the first level response people aren't getting you what you need, get to another level or threaten to cancel EVERYTHING which then gets you to their "Customer Retention" area.

And yes, try to be nice......

Yes, for new callers, always ask to speak to a RETENTION REP. They can give a lot more away. I have gotten Superfan free every year so far plus other discounts. Just tell them you are thinking of switching to cable.

I liked them both better than the cable choices in Missouri, though.

Santana - who do you have in Columbia? I'm just down the road in Springfield, we have Mediacom here and they SUCK *****

I've had had the ticket and superfan HD package for the last 3yrs. I've had the ticket for 5. I gotta try that or at least something. I live in Jacksonville. The sports bars are horrible.

BgMase - what sports bars have you been too in Duval? I lived in Jacksonville a few years back, I loved Sneakers in Jax Beach, but I also know that one of the Gators near where I used to live (I lived off Southside near the Avenues Mall) there was huge group of rowdy Skins fans that watched every game - that's where I always went once I found it considering I moved down there knowing no one...

Also, check out the new deals they give to "new" customer for Free HD for life....... I pay $10 a month for HD!

I called in asking for this credit and they can give you a $10 credit for 24 months but just be aware.... if you have reocurring credits already (like 1 or 2 already) they won't do it for you because "the system" won't let them. you also have to sign-up for Auto Bill pay too.

Well, in getting frustrated with them, I told the second-line person already that I was fed up and I wanted to speak to someone in the cancellation dept (I knew I wasn't cancelling but they didn't) and boom! I not only got the $10 credit for 24 monjths for the HD package, bt they also gave me another $10 credit per month for 12 months too......

Next week, I will call to get the $300 NFL Sunday Ticket reduced or I will cancel DTV all together (wink-wink)..... Why do they put you through all this hassel when this shizzle is getting way too expensive to justify having?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks for this thread guys. In my life I usually step in someone's chewing gum but in this particular case the football gods looked favorably on me. Here's what I wedged... NFL Sunday Ticket all games in HD, Red Zone, Game Mix, Shortcuts. That Shortcuts is cool, it lets me watch any finished game in 30 minutes or less (no commercials). Player stats for fantasy fb, realtime fantasy tracker and all this for $50. Phone, highspeed internet & directv 200 channels & nfl sunday ticket for $135. This is though Quest. Yes !!

There's one thing I do hate about this, the volume goes so high on commercials. I always listen to the game loud, those commercials are going to get me kicked out of my own house. Wish there was a remedy for that!

Hey did you you guy see that NFL remote from DT for 22 Bucks Pre programed with your Favorite teams. Wonder if it comes in Burgundy and Gold.. LOL..

I just made my annual call. I asked him what the best deal that they could give me right now being a long time subscriber.

I ended up getting $20 off a month for 6 months on Sunday Ticket (making it $180 total) and also recieved the $10 off per month for 24 months for HD.

I've had both...I prefer Dish.

- Better DVR options (one box can control two tvs)

- RedZone Channel

- Better customer service

- Cheaper

I liked them both better than the cable choices in Missouri, though.

Sorry to chime, but that is intriguing. I don't want to sign up for two years, but $47/mth for four months with Red Zone sounds doable. That plus the radio stream might be enough to keep me from hitting the bar. I usually end up catching a game or two a year on the Internet steam a year anyhow. Kornheiser wouldn't stop talking about Red Zone Channel on his radio show.

Thanks for the 411.

EDIT: Does Red Zone include preseason?

Hey did you you guy see that NFL remote from DT for 22 Bucks Pre programed with your Favorite teams. Wonder if it comes in Burgundy and Gold.. LOL..

Just burgundy and white, its pretty cool with the Redskins logo in between the channel and volume controls.:dallasuck

RedZone channel was like $6.99 a month last year.

Once you have seen it, you can't go back.

DishNetwork FTW!

I am confused, I always get SF for free and never paid for RZ ever. I thought that the RZ was part of the Sunday Pkg. anyway?

But you guys who love Dish can't get the Package so how do you watch the Redskins games? Only when they score or get scored on? :ols:

Does anyone know if it's better to order it now or closer to kickoff to get possible discounts?

That is what I am wondering, logic would be that you wait until the last possible moment and schwing a deal. This year I think I am willing to go back to a Sports Bar to watch the games(wink-wink), though Hurricane wings has that box so you can listen to your game and I know the bartender. I wonder if DTV can complete with that? :ols:

I called yesterday about the Every Room DVR...you can watch any movie on your DVR on any tv in the house.... you have to get some equipment installed for $149 and its $3 per month extra. I hesitated b/c I didnt want to spend any more cash this year on cable.

I asked if there was anything cheaper... she paused and looked at my account and came back with an offer for $49 total and $3 per month.

I will give it a shot... only problem is getting it installed b/c the DTV techs suck.

Pretty happy with DTV lately. Gave me a good deal on the ticket and free HD for at least 2 years.

Made the call.... When the automated system asks you what your call pertains to, say "Cancel" then you'll be transferred to the retention department. I told the rep that I was aware of current deals available for long-time DirecTv subscribers for the NFL Sunday Ticket and HD service. Immediately told me he would give me $10 off HD service for 24 months. This is in response to Dish's Free HD offer. Then, I asked about discounts for the NFL Sunday Ticket. Said he could give me $10 off for 6 months. I bucked and said it was still too expensive and asked if that was the best they could offer... He said best offer would be $20 off for 6 months, and I took it. Basically, makes the Sunday Ticket $180 for the season... This offer I received is the same as some others on here were offered... I think this is about the best deal anyone can expect. So when and if you call, don't take the $10 off the Ticket, make sure they give you the $20/month for 6 months. BTW, my July 20th bill will be the first with the Ticket charge, so they're billing you July/Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec for the NFL package. Good Luck!!

Made the call.... When the automated system asks you what your call pertains to, say "Cancel" then you'll be transferred to the retention department. I told the rep that I was aware of current deals available for long-time DirecTv subscribers for the NFL Sunday Ticket and HD service. Immediately told me he would give me $10 off HD service for 24 months. This is in response to Dish's Free HD offer. Then, I asked about discounts for the NFL Sunday Ticket. Said he could give me $10 off for 6 months. I bucked and said it was still too expensive and asked if that was the best they could offer... He said best offer would be $20 off for 6 months, and I took it. Basically, makes the Sunday Ticket $180 for the season... This offer I received is the same as some others on here were offered... I think this is about the best deal anyone can expect. So when and if you call, don't take the $10 off the Ticket, make sure they give you the $20/month for 6 months. BTW, my July 20th bill will be the first with the Ticket charge, so they're billing you July/Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec for the NFL package. Good Luck!!

Awesome! Thanks for the tip...

Archived