Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2010 - Free HD This year

USS Redskins

If you wait until late August NFL Sunday Ticket will be FREE! (well sort of for new subscribers). This has been the case for many years. You basically order their premier package for $69.99/mo. and get HBO, SHO, Cinamax, etc for free for 3-5 months and they throw in NFL Sunday Ticket. After the 3-5 months you will be billed $99.99 for the premier package but if you dont care for those movie channels change your plan to the lower one.

Now for current subscribers you can wait for this deal too. There are two ways to do it: 1. Call and ask to cancel your service. They will do many attempts to keep you as a customer. Dont take the $10-20 off a month offer. Just say you're switching to comcast or whatever. As a last attempt they will offer current subscribers the premier package + NFL sunday ticket for $69.99 just like the promotion deal for new subscibers.

2. Cancel your current subscription (penalty will be based on pro-rated amount) but sometimes you can negotiate the price. If you are not under contract even better. Then just re-subscribe as a new customer and get the promotion deal. You might have to fork out extra $$ for the cancellation penatly but you save in the end. Ususally the cancellation fee is less than the $180 which is the price for NFL Sunday Ticket (after their reductions) plus you get movie channels for free for $69.99 for 3 or so months. Keep in mind last year they gave 5 months free for the movie channel so you will get more for your money that way as well.

I literally called, said 'CANCEL" at the prompt, got a retention person and said "My co-worker got $20 off each month plus free HD for 24 months.... I would like this same offer" -- They said ok :) This is probably the most efficient way of doing it instead of 'negotiating' and pretending to want to cancel the whole thing.

I literally called, said 'CANCEL" at the prompt, got a retention person and said "My co-worker got $20 off each month plus free HD for 24 months.... I would like this same offer" -- They said ok :) This is probably the most efficient way of doing it instead of 'negotiating' and pretending to want to cancel the whole thing.

I like the direct approach better... thanks for the advice! You rock!:beavisnbutthead:

Called them this afternoon and got the $20 off per month and the 2 year HD discount. The first tech I talked to was a Redskins fan! LOL We talked about this year for a while and then he said "Let me hook you up with the ACE dept." Who knows what that means but apparently they have a separate group that handles this sort of thing. He transferred me to a woman from ACE and she was a delight. I got her laughing right away by telling her I needed to justify the cost to my wife. (yeah, there is a shred of truth in that...) She immediately said that there were two discounts available one for $10 per month and one for $20 and that I better get the $20. She laughed as she said it. I was smiling too. :D

I'm pumped. I love being able to watch the other teams in the division and also love the shortcuts of all the games. I will have a new HD projector for this season and can't wait for things to get going!

HTTR!

I've always been able to negoiate Superfan for free. However, even so I think the Sunday ticket has gotten too expensive in the renegotation with the NFL.

Re: Directv vs Dish. No comparision. I've had both and Dish was inferior, at least at the time I had it which was several years ago. I will never do Dish again for Sat. Directv is still the only place you can get Sunday ticket. If you are not local to your sport team that is a big selling point.

One more item about Directv and their negotiation: they will negotiate but it comes at a price. Once they renegotiate your terms (ie- give you a break) they will reup your contract for 2 years. I've been hoping something better would come to my neighborhood (ie- Uverse) and don't want to be stuck in the 2 year contract.

If you wait until late August NFL Sunday Ticket will be FREE! (well sort of for new subscribers). This has been the case for many years. You basically order their premier package for $69.99/mo. and get HBO, SHO, Cinamax, etc for free for 3-5 months and they throw in NFL Sunday Ticket. After the 3-5 months you will be billed $99.99 for the premier package but if you dont care for those movie channels change your plan to the lower one.

Now for current subscribers you can wait for this deal too. There are two ways to do it: 1. Call and ask to cancel your service. They will do many attempts to keep you as a customer. Dont take the $10-20 off a month offer. Just say you're switching to comcast or whatever. As a last attempt they will offer current subscribers the premier package + NFL sunday ticket for $69.99 just like the promotion deal for new subscibers.

2. Cancel your current subscription (penalty will be based on pro-rated amount) but sometimes you can negotiate the price. If you are not under contract even better. Then just re-subscribe as a new customer and get the promotion deal. You might have to fork out extra $$ for the cancellation penatly but you save in the end. Ususally the cancellation fee is less than the $180 which is the price for NFL Sunday Ticket (after their reductions) plus you get movie channels for free for $69.99 for 3 or so months. Keep in mind last year they gave 5 months free for the movie channel so you will get more for your money that way as well.

Okay so Directtv NOW as this offer available like I said. $59.99 per month for their Premium Package: NFL Sunday ticket plus 5 months free for HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, Sportspack and probably 80-90% off all the channels they offer except pay per view of course (free HD as well and DVR upgrade).

So for $59.99/month + taxes and fees you are getting NFL sunday ticket, movies channels and the premier package. A lot better than just getting $20 off of sunday ticket on top of what you pay for service and I'm sure you're not paying $59.99 for the premium package and 5 months free movie channels.

I have had Dish, Directv, Comcast, and another local cable company and I must say that Directv is bar none the best in every important category involving television. Customer service, picture, channel package options, everything is better with Directv.

I had Directv for 15 years and just switched to Dish. Dish is as good as DTV. Picture and sound exact same. Dish is cheaper. And Redzone is included in the sports package. If you want to keep telling yourself Directv is better to justify the extra money. You go right ahead.

Last year we got the package 59.99 that included the NFL package for that season and signed a 2 year contract. Just got my new bill for the Sunday ticket. It is alot of money, but where we live we would hardly ever get a game of the Redskins and we figured by the time we went to the bar where it is usually loud with the Vikings, Green Bay, and Bears fans here in the Midwest we would have spent that much money when you look at the number of games. I think it all depends on where you live and what is available. Maybe next season I will be doing some bargaining of my own when I have had the service longer.

I called on yesterday and received a Sunday Ticket for Free. They billed me $299.98 and then put a credit on for $299.98.. The lady I spoke to was very nice, I just told her that my wife wanted to switch to Time Warner cable because she didn't believe in paying such a high price for Sunday Tik. She said "well what if I can cut the price in half and bill you $29.99 for six months" I said it sounds good but I think I'll pass. She then said "well you've been a loyal customer and always pay on time, hold on and let me speak to my supervisor to see what we can do for you" she came back 1min later and said "we're golden I'm going to bill you the entire price and then place a credit on right after I bill you"... Needless to say I was ecstatic and will be watching Sunday Tik absolutely free and they didn't ask me to renew my contract or add years to it..I really was considering switching but now I'm a loyal DirectTV customer!!!!

I am telling you in this economy things are really falling apart. I can tell you that Verizon is now charging for their HD packages and of course the entry level package does not include the NFL network at all! They have removed a few of the other sports channels. I guess this is an effort for the cable and satellite providers to protect their sports packages and sports tiers. I would have just paid for the sports channels, but then they make you get all these other channels that I don't want.

Thanks congress for not passing a choice in channel selecting! Really appreciate that.

I just happened to notice this thread and wanted to figure this out. I have been a Directv customer for 10+ years but have never had the Sunday ticket. I have been going to a lot of the games in the past so I was never to home to watch it.

This year will be different so how do I get these deals as a current customer? I'm confused about the free HD. Is that for all HD or just the Sunday ticket? In other words, do I start off by calling to get $10 off my current HD package and then ask about the Sunday ticket? And one person said they got it for free. I would be happy if I got it for half or close to it. Any help for a current long time customer that has never ordered it would be greatly appreciated!

I spoke with Direct TV today and was able to get a small credit on the Sunday Ticket. I am a relatively new customer to Direct TV so I was already getting a lot off of the monthly bill. I was able to get Sunday ticket for 5 payments of 44 dollars. I know others have gotten better deals but since I had over a year and a half left on my contract there was little incentive to work with me. The termination fee would have been 400 dollars if I terminated service.

I think the protection plan is worth it. It costs you money per month but you don't have to pay anything if they send a tech out to repair problems. My mom didn't have the protection plan and her service went out in two of her rooms she had to pay the tech fees when they came out to fix it. She lives in an area where there is only direct tv or dish (very rural so no cable).

I was able to get it for 5 payments of $35.99 or $179.99.

I have been getting the ticket since 1998 but this year, I was not going to get it because I have season tickets. I had to give up something to finance it. So, I called after getting the letter to let them know to cancel, and she kept dropping it until at this point I figured, I am going to 6 of 8 home games, home for 11 weeks, only $16 a week.

I am also glad they throw in SuperFan. They pretty much had to, I mean given a choice between watching a high def game on local channel or standard def game, you always pick the high def, even if it is something like Rams at Seabags.

I just got off the phone with the Direct rep and got the package for six payments of $30 for a total of $180. Not a bad deal considering what all is included within the package. I love watching the Game Mix channel on the big screen whenever the Redskins aren't playing.

HTTR

OK, sleazye, you will have to let us know how you pulled that off.

I would be curious if anybody can tell me about NFL Network's GameDay channel compared DirecTV's RedZone channel. I am sure DirecTV does not carry it as it sees it as a competitive product and Sicilliano can annoy sometimes but overall, he does a bang up job...and he is from Virginia.

OK, sleazye, you will have to let us know how you pulled that off.

I would be curious if anybody can tell me about NFL Network's GameDay channel compared DirecTV's RedZone channel. I am sure DirecTV does not carry it as it sees it as a competitive product and Sicilliano can annoy sometimes but overall, he does a bang up job...and he is from Virginia.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I told the guy my girlfriend wouldn't let me buy the package at 300 and I asked for the 180 deal that so many others got. His counter offer was how about you don't pay for it and I beam 16 weeks of HD NFL into your living room.

:beavisnbutthead:

It wasn't the first guy I spoke with though, I politely declined his offer of free fan whatever deal it was. Don't blow my spot up though, but I probably should have thought about that before posting here, right?;)

So I just signed up for Directv and the ticket (I pray I have line of site for them to install it, last year at my old place they were unable to). I went through a third party and I'm paying $54.99 per month for 5 months for the Sunday Ticket and whatever the top package is that has ALL of the channells, all HBO's, Showtime, etc., with free HD of course. The tv package itself normally costs $120, so I'm basically getting that half off with Sunday Ticket free. Swizeet!

Archived