Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2010 - Free HD This year

USS Redskins

Glad to see Superfan is free even though, the price has gone up. I also noticed yesterday, that they are now charging you to watch on your comp. or phone, haha, before that was free. Now it is $10. Either way, they are going to get you.

It's $10/month or $50 flat.

Not just $10.

Hell, just buy a slingbox if you want placeshifting NFL games from your DVR to a computer or smartphone.

I was thinking the same. Charge $100 for each team that you want to follow and you get those teams channels.

Make packages like 2 teams = $200.

3 teams = $275

4 teams = $325

5 teams = $350

Each additional team after that is +$15.

Or something like that. I'd only have the need for one team... But still.

Would be great, but then you'd have dredges like Jacksonville and Detroit ruining the fun for everyone.

1. They would probably make less money

The hardcore fans (skins, green bay, pitt, dallas, etc) would get the minimum and they'd lose money on these folks. You'd think they'd be able to pick up new customers in smaller/worse markets, but probably not enough to offset the cost of losing hardcore fans having to buy entire packages.

2. Could cause a **** storm

The bigger teams would make far more off the tv deal than the smaller market teams. An even revenue split would be even less fair than it is now.

But I hope they do it. Choice for the consumer is great.

I called and complained last year about it and they did nothing.

I talked to my neighbor and he told me they gave him an awesome deal on it and other channels so I called back again and really complained (I was nice and polite though)

I then got my entire bill reduced by X amount of percentage the HD for free and the Sunday ticket at a reduced cost.

Dont give up after the 1st call.

$300 really isnt that bad when you think about how many games you can watch.

Whats it come down to $2 a game?

$300 really isnt that bad when you think about how many games you can watch.

Whats it come down to $2 a game?

$300 is way too much just to get TheRedZone Channel that Dish subscribers get for $6. That really chaps my a55. :mad: TheRedZone Channel is really all you need to enjoy a full day of NFL Action (and saving the batteries on your remote.) :-)

After 10 years of being a Sunday Ticket early bird subscriber, I canceled this year in protest. Living in Columbus, OH the past 3 years, I realized all I was watching was the RedZone Channel and the hand full of Redskins games that were NOT locally viewable in Columbus or was nationally broadcasted. $315 for that, is just not practical. I can watch the 4-5 Redskins games that are not broadcasted in Columbus, OH at a nearby bar.

In short, I would pay $315 for 4-5 Redskins game + RedZoneChannel. F-That!

If I want to re-watch it, I can download the game in full, for free (in HD) from a Torrent site a day or two later. http://forums.tenyardtorrents.com

Last year I called and told them that I heard they were offering it for cheaper to new customers. When they asked about HD I said that it was unfair to charge for HD because I already pay extra for HD on my others channels and that it was double dipping for them to do that. So they lowered my price, gave me the HD and Super Fan for free. They also gave me the Starz channel free for 3 months.

This year I think my excuse to get a reduced rate will be that my team has sucked for the last 2 years and that I can't justify paying full price just to sit there and cry :ols:

Who knows... After they hear how I am a Skins fan and have had the SNFLT for 6 yrs straight, they just might give it to me for free for being such a die hard fan.:D

Thanks for the news. I haven't checked into DBSTalk for this topic yet as I do every year .. thanks for saving me the trouble. As I've said for the past three years .. I have subbed to Sunday Ticket since the 1995 season. Then, they started the HD stuff a few years back. The last two years or so, with the ever-increasing cost of the package -- when I started NFL-ST in '95, it was $119 for the whole season -- and the fact that games on HD is almost a commodity now, they SHOULD include the HD at NO charge!

Glad to see they've gotten with the program.

I've had both...I prefer Dish.

- Better DVR options (one box can control two tvs)

- RedZone Channel

- Better customer service

- Cheaper

I liked them both better than the cable choices in Missouri, though.

RedZone doesn't give you the full game though. It only shows you clips of games in which a team is in scoring position. If you our-of-towners like me want to see the full Redskins game, you need DirecTV's Sunday Ticket or you need the game on a "free" channel.

Who knows... After they hear how I am a Skins fan and have had the SNFLT for 6 yrs straight, they just might give it to me for free for being such a die hard fan.:D

I've subbed for ST since 1995, and I also subscribe to everything else. I figure they've made ~$20,000 on me (although I go back to the days where you paid both DirecTV and USSB for programming) and I've told them so the last few times. But they also keep track of everything you say for future use. And they will also tell you "Yes. You said the same thing last year and we gave you Superfan free." Now that SF is included, that's no issue. But don't necessarily expect to get them to deal with you every year.

As I said .. I've subbed to ST for 15 years and they still don't just give it away for free just for the asking.

I'm curious, what do you usually tell them to get it?

To be honest, I go through the list of how many TVs I have, how many channels I get and how long I have been with them. Talking nice always works better.

And of course the closer, everytime they ask if I am going to sign up again, I say sure but is there anything you do for me, like free superfan and any discounts. Again being nice I think plays a big part in it.

I did see one post on a site where a guy claimed he received a $240 credit for Free HD ($10 a month for 24 months) b/c they are matching Dish Networks free HD offer - but you have to complain about it.

You don't have to complain. This is available to everyone if you switch to auto-payment.

I will however complain and try to get my sunday ticket price reduced. :)

Don't just call and ask to get the Ticket for free or a discount. You'll get rejected more times than being successful. It's much easier to get other things for free which in the end will save you the money you're looking for. If you are still under a contract, your best bet is to threaten to cancel your HD subscription because your bill is to high. They will give it to you for free for a year. They are currently giving that away to a lot of people. The lady that gave it to me told me is does NOT extend my contract. Your real bargaining power comes when your contract is expired. Try to get as much as you can because your contract will be renewed (prolly 2 years) and that limits your bargaining power next year. While not under contract, it's not hard to get HD for a year, a new receiver and a movie channel pack for free just by threatening to switch to cable. Even if you just get the HD free, the end result is getting the ticket for under $200. You have to be stern with these people and it certainly helps the longer you've been one of their 'loyal' customers. But don't be scared to haggle...they really want to keep you as a customer.

RedZone doesn't give you the full game though. It only shows you clips of games in which a team is in scoring position. If you our-of-towners like me want to see the full Redskins game, you need DirecTV's Sunday Ticket or you need the game on a "free" channel.

That's what the local tavern is for :) A good excuse to get away from the fiance where I can scream at the TV in peace.

:cheers:

That's what the local tavern is for :) A good excuse to get away from the fiance where I can scream at the TV in peace.

:cheers:

Ahhh...I remember those days. Once you get married and have a young'n, that might change tho! This is when the Ticket becomes much more attractive.

Ahhh...I remember those days. Once you get married and have a young'n, that might change tho! This is when the Ticket becomes much more attractive.

Good call...I have thought about that before. I will probably switch back to DirecTV and get the Sunday Ticket at that point!

RedZone Channel is awesome. I have FiOS so of course I can't get Sunday Ticket, but there is no point. RedZone shows all the games and shows the games that are close to a scoring play. Being in Baltimore, the Skins games aren't always on, so I watched a few games last year solely through the RedZone Channel. Once you watch the RedZone Channel, you'll never want to watch football again without it.

RedZone Channel is awesome. I have FiOS so of course I can't get Sunday Ticket, but there is no point. RedZone shows all the games and shows the games that are close to a scoring play. Being in Baltimore, the Skins games aren't always on, so I watched a few games last year solely through the RedZone Channel. Once you watch the RedZone Channel, you'll never want to watch football again without it.

Yep, it is hard to find time for pee breaks, LOL.

Yep, it is hard to find time for pee breaks, LOL.
:secret: There's this button on your remote, it's called "pause." It temporarily stops the action on the TV. Just press it again to continue.

;)

It looks like the Sunday Ticket for iPhone/mobile is now a $10/month upgrade fee off of Superfan. That sucks. I used to leech off my friend's DirecTV account to watch games on the computer...I guess now I'll have to pay him to add it to his Superfan.

Archived