Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Sunday Ticket 2010 - Free HD This year

USS Redskins

I have been checking other forums about the 2010 Sunday Ticket deals and it looks like the HD Superfan package is no longer an extra cost... it is included in the Entire Package.. problem is the package is $299 or $315 depending on which payment plan you use. At least you wont have to pay the extra $100 for the Superfan anymore.. but it is still freaking expensive.

I have received big discounts in the past by calling and complaining about the costs - last year I only paid $150 for everything. I hope to work that deal again.

Any other Direct TV customers work a deal yet? It may be too early... let us fellow out of market Skins fans know what may work or not....

I did see one post on a site where a guy claimed he received a $240 credit for Free HD ($10 a month for 24 months) b/c they are matching Dish Networks free HD offer - but you have to complain about it.

**Update: I called today (6/9) about the "Free HD Offer for Exising Customers" (I said it exactly like that) and they set me up with the deal for $10 off for 24 months, no problem. I then asked about Sunday Ticket and was transfered to the Sunday Ticket Cust Service Reps... She was very cool and after I explained that I couldnt afford the deal this year... she offered me the Ticket for $240 - I was firm (but nice) and said I spent allot each month and is there anything else she could do for me... she checked my account (I spend about $135 per month) and she offered the Ticket for $30/month for 6 months or $180 total.

I paid $150 last year - so I am pretty happy with the deal I made. If anything you should be able to get the free HD offer.

Good luck!

man, I just paid the entire year of Sunday Ticket up front in hopes of getting free Superfan. That's how I've worked it since I got HD a few years ago.

The HD maybe free but I'd be surprised to learn they're giving away the RedZone w/ SundayTicket.

I'm curious, what do you usually tell them to get it?

It helps if you're on a month to month contract bc you have leverage. Just make them note that you're a returning customer, etc.

They used to advertise Superfan for free if you agreed to early renewal of your Sunday Ticket w/ monthly payments starting in March.

I'm curious, what do you usually tell them to get it?

Told them I'm a long time customer and was disappointed that they were giving discounts to new customers rather than taking care of their existing ones. They agreed that I had been an excellent customer with them and in the end they gave me Superfan for free and knocked the total price down to $150.

I've had had the ticket and superfan HD package for the last 3yrs. I've had the ticket for 5. I gotta try that or at least something. I live in Jacksonville. The sports bars are horrible. I've been paying full price the whole time. If it works great but if not regardless I gotta have it. My whole week is planned around plopping down on my couch in my house and watching the game in HD. There's nothing like it. My dad had dish. Then he came and visited. The day he got back home in VA. He switched to directv. Cable isn't even an option, EVER.

I have had Dish, Directv, Comcast, and another local cable company and I must say that Directv is bar none the best in every important category involving television. Customer service, picture, channel package options, everything is better with Directv.

I have had Dish, Directv, Comcast, and another local cable company and I must say that Directv is bar none the best in every important category involving television. Customer service, picture, channel package options, everything is better with Directv.

It's also more expensive than cable. Dish with Red Zone would be much cheaper and it has all the channels I actually watch :ols: I don't know. I don't even know if I want to change quite yet.

I've heard Dish blows, though.
I've heard the same from a friend of mine that started out with Dish and went to DIRECTV because of Dish's service. He wants to go back to Dish because of how expensive DIRECTV is, but he doesn't want to deal with Dish's service again.
I've had both...I prefer Dish.

- Better DVR options (one box can control two tvs)

- RedZone Channel

- Better customer service

- Cheaper

I liked them both better than the cable choices in Missouri, though.

I wish that we got the service that you are getting out there, I'm sure a lot of us would go Dish also.

Too much money. I wish they would come up with a "#1 Fan" package. Where you can watch all regular season games of your favorite team instead of getting every single game of every single team. Most of us only watch a few anyways... seems like an awfule waste on bandwidth. Especially for us guys out of the local coverage market.

Instead, charge a lesser fee, like one third, or around 100 bucks.

While I realize they would worry about losing revenue to the plethora of fans downgrading their packages, I am sure the new customers signups would outweigh it by a landslide. Imagine a dedicated channel for each team. Talk about fantasy football...

Too much money. I wish they would come up with a "#1 Fan" package. Where you can watch all regular season games of your favorite team instead of getting every single game of every single team.

I was thinking the same. Charge $100 for each team that you want to follow and you get those teams channels.

Make packages like 2 teams = $200.

3 teams = $275

4 teams = $325

5 teams = $350

Each additional team after that is +$15.

Or something like that. I'd only have the need for one team... But still.

I was thinking the same. Charge $100 for each team that you want to follow and you get those teams channels.

Make packages like 2 teams = $200.

3 teams = $275

4 teams = $325

5 teams = $350

Each additional team after that is +$15.

Or something like that. I'd only have the need for one team... But still.

I've been a customer of Directv since 1996, and suggested your ideas to them many times (got a free-view of movies because of my suggestion for 3 months) and they have never seen the marketing advantages of my idea. I guess they must be locked in to NFL contracts with the present structure.

No one can watch all of those games per Sunday. Directv is the best but a little anal. I think they could increase their viewership if they would adopt our ideas.

Besides, who wants two dishes on their house, lmao every time I see that configuration. Holy _ _ _ _!

Too much money. I wish they would come up with a "#1 Fan" package. Where you can watch all regular season games of your favorite team instead of getting every single game of every single team.

Imagine a dedicated channel for each team. Talk about fantasy football...

Truth be told, I like your idea. Granted, there are a couple weekends where the available games suck and you'd like to see something else but it is outweighed by my desire to not pay another 100 bucks for something. Years ago, they said we'd be going to pay-per-view for football, anyway. Now, I don't want pay-per-view, that's something of a waste but I would like the ability to customize my package.

I agree with you, most of us just want to watch our team. Then you get the playoffs, which is national anyway. Sure, it's cool to flip around and watch some other game in the last minutes, unlike the 80s or 90s where you were shut out of the experience if they failed to switch over but is it worth the cost?

Let's take your idea further---not just a channel for your team on gameday, but you get ALL local coverage of your team, all those local shows dedicated to the Skins on that channel throughout the season (or more, if they could work that deal.) I would rather pay 120 bucks to get all SKins games guaranteed, PLUS local coverage shows (possibly even local DC Sports overall) than get everything for 299 or 250. I don't have HD and don't need it (it's the cost per month for a new box that annoys me, not the idea of it)

Superfan for free is great news - even if its really just discounted because the price of the Ticket went up.

I typically have gotten the superfan free every other year. This year I called and told them not to auto renew either one (Ticket or Superfan) in hopes they would offer something up. She said it was too early to offer anything (this was a couple of months ago) but because I canceled it someone from DirecTV will call and offer me a deal. I'm waiting. I'm a loonngg time subscriber of the Ticket but I'm sick of paying so much.

Glad to see Superfan is free even though, the price has gone up. I also noticed yesterday, that they are now charging you to watch on your comp. or phone, haha, before that was free. Now it is $10. Either way, they are going to get you.

Hell, they could even do a Divsion by Divsion NFL package. We're Skins fans, but we probably want to keep an eye on our division foes, so make an NFC East package for all NFC East games.

I have also thought of the "Redskins games" package in the past, for a lesser cost for those of us a little strapped for cash.

Archived