Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

twitter - JReidPost - Snyder on his day to day interaction w/ players (Hint: it's the correct answer)

SMOSS89

He better mean it.

Danny needs to back up, and I'm hoping he's finally realized that.

By all accounts, he's not so much as been at the park this off-season save for coach/player signing pressers. The dudes gone full blown cold turkey.

He means it.

And it's fricking FANTASTIC! :party:,

Hail.

I'm curious how much football he actually discussed with the players before. I doubt it was as much as some here think it is. Really, where the difference is is with his relationship with the coaches, which was pretty close through Gibbs at the very least.

I love hearing this from Snyder. As long as keeps his hand cramp free and pen readily available to sign the checks. Hopefully the Skins now have a trifecta- a competent GM, a great HC, and an owner who wants to win. As long as the players play their tails off the Skins are on the right track. FINALLY!!

I'm curious how much football he actually discussed with the players before. I doubt it was as much as some here think it is. Really, where the difference is is with his relationship with the coaches, which was pretty close through Gibbs at the very least.

It's more the fact that "certain" players had his ear OVER the HC that was one of the biggest problems as regards that contact.

An owner undermining a HC is not a good thing for locker room respect.

Hail.

It's more the fact that "certain" players had his ear OVER the HC that was one of the biggest problems as regards that contact.

An owner undermining a HC is not a good thing for locker room respect.

Hail.

Assuming that actually happened, since we depend on what our wonderful beat reporters to get that kind of information.

There isn't much doubt that Portis has done stuff with the owner, but how much of it was football related? It is the latter we really don't know much about.

We all know Snyder is a fan, and I think he truly cares about what the fans think. But his ego clouded his vision for an entire decade and he assumed most of the criticism was just a vocal minority. Then last season he finally realized the criticism was widespread, vehement, and well-founded. I think it really got to him, he felt terrible, and has changed his ways...

More than anything I hope I don't ever eat those words.

I'm looking forward to a new "hands-off" attitude from Mr. Snyder. With Shanahan and Allen in the building, he shouldn't feel the need to take the responsibility to run the daily operations or be so involved in things.

That said, he was a fan (i.e. - one of us) before he was an owner, so I really hope that he can still enjoy himself and enjoy the season without having his hand in things. As much as I disagree with the direction the team was going in when he was micromanaging, I kinda like the man and would love to see him on the podium hoisting the Lombardi trophy over his head following a Super Bowl victory.

I'm looking forward to a new "hands-off" attitude from Mr. Snyder. With Shanahan and Allen in the building, he shouldn't feel the need to take the responsibility to run the daily operations or be so involved in things.

That said, he was a fan (i.e. - one of us) before he was an owner, so I really hope that he can still enjoy himself and enjoy the season without having his hand in things. As much as I disagree with the direction the team was going in when he was micromanaging, I kinda like the man and would love to see him on the podium hoisting the Lombardi trophy over his head following a Super Bowl victory.

You know, I think for a guy like Snyder, who is a fan and has a business stake in the Redskins, I think winning and hearing positive things in the media will be enough to not make him miss his role as part of the decision-making process.

He better mean it.

Danny needs to back up, and I'm hoping he's finally realized that.

I really believe this is Bruce Allen's doing. Guy is a master of PR when it comes to this stuff.

I'm sure Dan took his advice to mind and is really taking a back seat....

For now, anyways.

There isn't much doubt that Portis has done stuff with the owner, but how much of it was football related? It is the latter we really don't know much about.

I wonder how much Gibbs' apparent (though Gibbs is a smart man and "apparent" might be the key word) coddling of CP spilled over into Snyder thinking he was acting like Gibbs when Zorn was HC. That is, Snyder tried to play Gibbs-proxy and failed.

Ah, power corrupts, and money corrupts absolutely, Skins belt buckle as a kid or no.

Archived