Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Post.com: Pregnant ex suing NFL star

TK

This is really a non-story to me. What he does in his personal life is his business. My guess is, he's not the first star to be blamed rightfully/wrongfully for a pregnancy.

that's crap and you are being shallow ... sorry for the blast but I think you are shooting from the hip on this and not thinking.

everyone has a weak spot ... a button waiting to be pushed. A man allegedeley abanoning a woman he supposedly got pregnant just doesn't happen to be yours ... it bugs me. Will I lose sleep? No. But I'm not dimissing it as a "non issue. "

Funny how fans can turn on a guy for missing OTA's.

I hope Al was smart enough to strap it up when he was messing with a stripper. As fans we can get mad he missed OTA's. As a mn he could lose his life having sex with someone like this wityhout protection.

By the way I think if we let Al go, and our defense slips an inch, we are going to need a new head coach in three years.

While this isn't enough in and of itself to draw conclusions for most individuals it is yet another example of how AH's off the field character has been found wanting.

Add this to the alleged confrontation with his ex-wife that caused her to call police as well as a traffic incident where he was going 110 mph on an expressway and was involved in an accident where a man ended up paralyzed in a hospital bed.

Not exactly the kind of player you expect to lead.

sniff sniff, a clear heels wearing, exotic dancing Virgin with no concept of contraceptives, fell in love with Mr Buttersworth for his personality and great abs and with this "unexpected" pregnancy she needs 10 million to stay in the lifestyle she has grown accustomed to. :rolleyes:

I'm more upset at the stupidity of Albert not having industrial strength magnums so such things don't happen but before saying its his he should go for DNA testing because if you are in the wrong State and you did the "right" thing by paying her medical bills, etc you can be on the hook even if it turns out you aren't the baby daddy.

Hmm so will it be the Vikings or the Raiders that benefit from the fanbase having a cow before mandatory camp starts?

Stop assuming no condoms were used people...they do break ya know? :ols:

No facts yet....even if this ends up being true, it's not really a big deal, IMO Just because he makes 100 million, this is front and center for news, if this happens to someone who makes 30k or less a year, it gets put on Springer :ols:

this guy's just too much drama. he's a 340 version of TO except his play in his prime hasn't been as consistent on the field :)

as soon as this pant load is off the team the happier I am going to be.

I understand it is a waiting game to set up the right deal and get some value, but is it possible that AH can stay out of the news long-enough for that to happen? :laugh:

While this isn't enough in and of itself to draw conclusions for most individuals it is yet another example of how AH's off the field character has been found wanting.

Add this to the alleged confrontation with his ex-wife that caused her to call police as well as a traffic incident where he was going 110 mph on an expressway and was involved in an accident where a man ended up paralyzed in a hospital bed.

Not exactly the kind of player you expect to lead.

Well said, bulldog. While this incident alone may not be enough to villify the guy, when you view it in the context of everything else we already know... let's just say his act is growing tiresome.

For a moment, regardless of who the expecting Dad may or may not be, let's hope the right guy steps forward and takes responsibility for his side of this.

This is another PR headache, welcome to town Mr. Wylie, that the team doesn't need. On the tails of the Dr. Galea tales that continue to develop, the public image of the Redskins hardly seems to be about football right now.

Going one step further, I'm not sure if this goes against AH or not, but it'll be interesting to see how this affects him. Speculating for a moment, does this make him a "happy, appreciative father", or just another "runaway dad" in a sports world already full of those.

And finally, if this plays out badly for AH, not sure how the league or the team feels about more negative attention. Suspension or fines, probably not. At the very worst, this may be the one incident that forces the team to jettison the franchise defensive tackle from the team. At this point, you certainly couldn't expect the team to get close to fair value on the market for him.

Before anything else happens though, it's probably just best to wait things out.

At the very worst, this may be the one incident that forces the team to jettison the franchise defensive tackle from the team.

First of all, that's a contradiction in terms. There's no such thing as a franchise defensive tackle, which is why his contract was so ridiculous and ridiculed to begin with. Secondly, I don't care what happens off the field. I want AH off our team because he's a selfish player who hurts team chemistry. In the ultimate team sport, a player like him, regardless of ability, hurts your chances for success.

I personally think your giving a player who's done little in the game WAY too much credit; and a Coach who's done it all WAY too little.

But each to their own.

Hail.

Hold on. A coach who does it "all", he never won without John Elway. Look your opinion will sway if our defense plays badly next year. I don't know why people are fighting it. If Mike does not succeed, and there is a significant chance he does not, then we will be back on this forum asking for his head. And we will say how stupid he was if Al takes our money, goes to another team and wins. That is the bottom line; this game is not what you did for me, but what you've done lately. MIKE SHANNAHAN DID NOT WIN NOTHING WITHOUT JOHN ELWAY, NOTHING! We are a top flight defense, why mess with a god thing? Why make Al a bad guy, just because he didn't go to OTA's? Why make this a polarizing situation?

Okay, here is the real deal. We are all responsible for our reproductive freedom, men/boys and women/girls. If one doesn't want to reproduce, then one should investigate the ways to prevent pregnancy and take those measures. We just don't teach the responsibility side of having sex to boys and girls, the prudes amongst us refuse to let us give boys and girls the tools to prevent pregnancy, their proper use, and most importantly the responsibilities inherent in caring for any resultant children. It's a shame that the United States takes the head in sand approach, thanks to all those "family values" people who think that sex outside of marriage is a bad thing, although a bunch of them seem to be doing quite a bit of that very thing.

My point here is that we are all human beings and human beings have sex and mostly because it feels good, and without thought about the consequences. And that will continue to happen until there are no more human beings. I want the value judgements to stop, unless there is hypocrisy involved.

I must disclose that I have an illegitimate child as I have never been married, tried very hard to be heterosexual when in fact I am lesbian (hence resultant child) and said child is now 30 something. The father of the child never acknowledged/supported the child and died when the child was 3, so I was so was sole support of my household. I am not ashamed of either myself or my child for the circumstances of birth and raised my child to have a different set of "family values" that has worked out well.

So until any man is determined to be the father of a child, he is under no obligation to provide any support. If the mother wants support during pregnancy, there are now tests that can be performed during pregnancy to determine paternity. If she is serious, she can get tested. If she refuses to get tested, then I'd say that there is something wrong with her story, and any man in that position should not be forced to pay any support until paternity is proved. This approach places responsibility upon both the man and woman, until paternity is determined. Once paternity is determined, then support questions can be decided by the courts.

I'm not a Haynesworth fan and I find fathers not supporting their children abhorrent but something is a little fishy here. Given that she is apparently from Florida and AH lives in VA, why is this case being filed in NY? Maybe because NY has just about the highest child support guidelines in the country? If it is his child he should most certainly be made to pay child support, but $10 million is ridiculous. She's not asking for child support - she's asking to for what's likely to be at least 1/3 to 1/2 of his net worth (Yeah he's gotten $32 million from the 'skins but taxes took a bunch of that and I'm sure some is spent). And she's asking for it, not money for the baby, money for her.

Generally speaking the courts only provide extremely high levels of child support (I'm talking the $10,000/month and higher) in order to allow a child to continue his/her lifestyle which is not the case here - the baby hasn't even been born yet.

If it is his baby, he should pay child support, but getting pregnant by an NFL player shouldn't be the same thing as a lottery ticket.

I have to look at it as if it was me, would I automatically give a stripper and knowing their reputations millions to support a kid because she is knocked up? Would any of you slamming AH do the same on her word?

Seriously, who would bang a stripper without a condom in the first place? Fat Albert knows he is worth millions and some lady would get pregnant JUST to get money. If he isn't using condoms, then he is a dumbass.

I'm not a Haynesworth fan and I find fathers not supporting their children abhorrent but something is a little fishy here. Given that she is apparently from Florida and AH lives in VA, why is this case being filed in NY? Maybe because NY has just about the highest child support guidelines in the country?

The article stated that they MET in Miami and she could be a resident of NY. And I believe that AH's official domicile is in TN and not VA. Child support is usually filed in the domicile state of the mother, unless declared otherwise by the court.

Archived