Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Make a case for your fav baseball team

gutlead74

So this off season is just brutal, never have been able to get into baseball but I need something to get me through until august. I enjoy college baseball but it's never on tv sooners, noles, and ****s all have pretty good baseball programs but nothing on until the regional and world series.

That brings me to this, I was thinking that if I had a team to root for it would make baseball much more appealing. My cousins played for a bunch of teams so it's hard to choose on that basis. I was half way thinking Yankees since they have a ton of tradition and win a lot (which would be a nice change of pace) I just don't know if I can get behind them. The braves for a long time have been the "souths" team. The Nats are the local team but I moved out of Virginia before they moved in, plus they've been just bad. The cubs seem like way to much heartache.

So make your case!

So this off season is just brutal, never have been able to get into baseball but I need something to get me through until august. I enjoy college baseball but it's never on tv sooners, noles, and ****s all have pretty good baseball programs but nothing on until the regional and world series.

That brings me to this, I was thinking that if I had a team to root for it would make baseball much more appealing. My cousins played for a bunch of teams so it's hard to choose on that basis. I was half way thinking Yankees since they have a ton of tradition and win a lot (which would be a nice change of pace) I just don't know if I can get behind them. The braves for a long time have been the "souths" team. The Nats are the local team but I moved out of Virginia before they moved in, plus they've been just bad. The cubs seem like way to much heartache.

So make your case!

Jesus Strasburg, the Savior to the DC Metro area's baseball needs!

Team is much more than a Strasburg away from competeing IMO, but they are getting there. Need to lock down morgan/willingham/bernadina for the long haul. I could see them being the staple in Nats OF for a couple of years. Need above average 2B, 1B and a C in the near future. Hopefully Bryce Harper can pan out and be the man behind the plate in 2-3 years. I don't think Adam Dunn is the answer at first but there are any guys in the minors worthwhile and don't think anyone in FA will be available in the next couple of years.

They need a more front of the roatation guys. Rumors have it that Oswalt may land in D.C. I would love to have Cliff Lee more than anyone. Gives the Nats a good 1-2 punch with righty-lefty. In a perfect world I would love the Nats to get Lee and Oswalt. Round out the rotation with Olsen, Strasburg, and a fight for whoever for the 5th spot.

I was half way thinking Yankees since they have a ton of tradition and win a lot (which would be a nice change of pace) I just don't know if I can get behind them.

You become nothing more than a lame bandwagon fan if you root for the Yankees. Anyone but the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Phillies, Mets. Top 5 payrolls in MLB. Look for a team that builds itself from the ground up like Tampa has done or the Twins do every year.

I can't stand orange sorry just can't do it. To many orange teams I just flat hate.

I hear ya on the band wagon thing, however this being something to get through the offseason it would be really nice to have some wins to get me through.

So make your case!

Simple. Root for the Braves. And you aren't all that far from them. Head up to Turner Field one day and catch a game. You'll be hooked. Don't be "that guy" and jump on the Yanks bandwagon. You live from the south, man. You have zero reason to root for the Yankees.

Wow, I thought I posted in this thread. I'm trippin. Anyway, here are four reasons:

1) Real fans always go hometown

2) The Nats aren't bad (above .500, two games back from the WC spot)

3) Stephen Strasburg

4) Bryce Harper (Be there in the beginning for both)

Wow, I thought I posted in this thread. I'm trippin. Anyway, here are four reasons:

1) Real fans always go hometown

2) The Nats aren't bad (above .500, two games back from the WC spot)

3) Stephen Strasburg

4) Bryce Harper (Be there in the beginning for both)

You did post in the thread earlier.

Also, are you implying that an Oriole fan who lives in the DC area isnt a true fan?

You did post in the thread earlier.

Also, are you implying that an Oriole fan who lives in the DC area isnt a true fan?

Actually I was just ****ing around. Dude had created duplicate threads. The mods just merged them.

And an O's fan in D.C. is different. The O's were the hometown team when that persons baseball fandom began. I was an O's fan growing up. But I'm a Washingtonian first so I made the switch.

And really it was easy for me. After the Steroid Era I fell out of baseball pretty much entirely. I slowly came back into the fold after the Nationals were created so it was like I was starting my baseball fandom anew. And I enjoy National League baseball more anyway.

Actually I was just ****ing around. Dude had created duplicate threads. The mods just merged them.

And an O's fan in D.C. is different. The O's were the hometown team when that persons baseball fandom began. I was an O's fan growing up. But I'm a Washingtonian first so I made the switch.

And really it was easy for me. After the Steroid Era I fell out of baseball pretty much entirely. I slowly came back into the fold after the Nationals were created so it was like I was starting my baseball fandom anew. And I enjoy National League baseball more anyway.

Thats refreshing to me actually. i've had to deal with so much crap for staying an Oriole fan in Virginia.

However, I do have tickets to the June 4th Nats game so I can see Strasburg pitch (allegedly).

Thats refreshing to me actually. i've had to deal with so much crap for staying an Oriole fan in Virginia.

However, I do have tickets to the June 4th Nats game so I can see Strasburg pitch (allegedly).

I still think it's going to be June 8th. I'm buying tickets for both though.

I was a huge O's fan growing up. For some reason I had this obsession with Jeffrey Hammonds. He was my favorite player. I used to wear #11 because of him and I had a Jeffrey Hammonds clock I bought at K-Mart hanging up in my room. I have no idea why, lol. I'm pretty sure I still have that clock and **** ton of his baseball cards in a box somewhere.

But yeah, please know that if you ever want to make the switch to the Nats we'll welcome you with open arms.

Here's a wildcard. How about the Marlins? A team with 2 Championships in their first 11 seasons of existence. They always find great young players, especially pitchers. Sure the ownership isn't the best but these young kids are always exciting to watch and always competitive.

Plus, they need all the fans they can get............

If there one thing being a Redskin fan has made me good at, its suffering. I think I've become immune to the Orioles' suckage that it just doesn't bother me anymore. I do believe that they will get things turned around, they really aren't this bad.

Things are far from perfect now, but I believe the Nats are on the upswing. They're playing with hustle and aggression and their pitching is worlds better than it has been in past years, we've got two great bats in Dunn and Zimmerman, and we've got a prospect in the minors that might be the next big thing in the National League.

Archived