Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Make a case for your fav baseball team

gutlead74

You become nothing more than a lame bandwagon fan if you root for the Yankees. Anyone but the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Phillies, Mets. Top 5 payrolls in MLB. Look for a team that builds itself from the ground up like Tampa has done or the Twins do every year.

I went to my first baseball game in RFK when I was somewhere between the ages of 5 and 7. Then the team moved to Texas to become the Rangers. That left me without a local team until I moved to Long Island.

My Dad, who grew up a Yankee fan in upstate NY, took me to several games in 74 and 75 before we moved to northern NY. They were OK during that time (2 games behind the Os [2nd place] in 74 and 12 games behind the Sox [3rd place] in 75), but not as great as they'd be in the next few years.

I became a fan at age 9.

I'd root for the Yankees even if they had the lowest payroll and worst record in MLB.

Does that make me a bandwagon fan?

Or, to put it another way, if the Skins won 4 SBs in the coming ten years and spent the most $ on players, would you like them any less? :)

I got nothing (O's fan). I wish I could be a Nats fan, but I just can't turn off the caring for the O's.

I guess you should root for the O's because they have a cool old school hat?

They have a great tradition. I used to hate it (back in the old days) when the Yanks played the O's because it would always be a tough game.

Seriously I hope for the good of MLB that the O's can turn it around.

Think of all the great players of the past - some of them were the cream of the Majors.

Four things:

1) Real fans always go hometown

2) The Nats aren't bad

3) Stephen Strasburg

4) Bryce Harper

I'm 22.

Growing up, there was no DC baseball team and Baltimore is NOT my city.

I hate B-more. No interest in rooting for the O's.

My uncle grew up in Boston, selling hot dogs in Fenway and he's a huge Sox fan. Dad's family is from Connecticut and thus I was brainwashed early into rooting for the Red Sox.

I get a lot of flak for it, because of the bandwagon fans that jumped on after the two World Series wins recently, and everyone has a "story" but that's mine.

I didn't jump on, I've been around for a while.

I was there in 2003 when Aaron Boone hit the homer in the 11th to beat us. I still hate him.

That being said, I'm warming to the Nats. I obviously want every DC team to do well and while I generally feel that its wrong to have two teams in one sport, I may have to break my own rule.

Yeah I don't think you have to like all home town teams. As long as you haven't jumped on a bandwagon, I don't care who you root for. But, you better have knowledge of the team you are rooting for. Don't tell me you're a Yankee fan but can't name someone other than Jeter or A-Rod. Don't tell me you're Cowboy fan and can't name more than 5 players.

I'm 22.

Growing up, there was no DC baseball team and Baltimore is NOT my city.

I hate B-more. No interest in rooting for the O's.

My uncle grew up in Boston, selling hot dogs in Fenway and he's a huge Sox fan. Dad's family is from Connecticut and thus I was brainwashed early into rooting for the Red Sox.

I get a lot of flak for it, because of the bandwagon fans that jumped on after the two World Series wins recently, and everyone has a "story" but that's mine.

I didn't jump on, I've been around for a while.

I was there in 2003 when Aaron Boone hit the homer in the 11th to beat us. I still hate him.

Same here (with the O's); 'cept my dad was a huge Senators fan and he told me about them. We waited around for a team to come back to Washington (he didn't think it would happen in his lifetime). It was one of those things we did as father and son. It was well worth the wait. :)

Same here (with the O's); 'cept my dad was a huge Senators fan and he told me about them. We waited around for a team to come back to Washington (he didn't think it would happen in his lifetime). It was one of those things we did as father and son. It was well worth the wait. :)

My parent's both grew up in Maryland (well my Dad's from a military family so they were all over the place, but he went to high school in Kensington)

Mom doesn't give a damn about sports, my Dad's a passionate Redskins/Wizards/Caps fan and I've coerced him into rooting for Virginia Tech but he never really got into baseball besides a hatred of the Yankees.

I do appreciate what's going on with the Nats now though, nice to see a young team with promise and a beautiful ballpark.

i gotta admit i check in on the nats every now and then, again they got to DC after i had moved from VA so dunno. the redskins were an instant thing before i even had a real concept of football. i remeber watching the super bowl and getting pissed when we were down 10 points then the explosion happened. i may just go for the nats it makes sence.

the yankees were my gradfathers favorite team and my mother still talks about the fond memories of yogi berra, mantle, and the rest. not real sure what to do here. i can say A rod seems to be a prick.

This is the answer.

The San Francisco Giants.

Great tradition (Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, Maricha, most players in the Hall of Fame), wonderful tiny ballpark that always draws good crowds even when the team is down, , knowledgeable fans, part of a great rivalry with the Dodgers, gives you an excuse to visit San Francisco, Tim the Freak Lincecum,

and most of all

They built their ballpark with their OWN money rather than screwing over the taxpayers. Only team in the past half century to do that. I will always love them for that.

Im a Nats guy. My feelings are I root for all the hometown teams and I like the fact that if i decide I want to go to a game at 4 in the afternoon, I can hope on the Metro and get a ticket and be in my seat with a beer and a half-smoke by 7:05.

I also like that they have a ton of young talent, a new ballpark who's history i get to watch get made (rather than hear old-timers tell me about the time something awesome happened), and that Lerner is actually one of the richest owner's in sports so if he ever really dedicates himself, the Nats COULD be a contender.

This is the answer.

The San Francisco Giants.

Great tradition (Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, Maricha, most players in the Hall of Fame), wonderful tiny ballpark that always draws good crowds even when the team is down, , knowledgeable fans, part of a great rivalry with the Dodgers, gives you an excuse to visit San Francisco, Tim the Freak Lincecum,

and most of all

They built their ballpark with their OWN money rather than screwing over the taxpayers. Only team in the past half century to do that. I will always love them for that.

You still stole the team from New York :pfft:

Archived