Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Bristol Palin to hit speakers' circuit

MattFancy

Greatest Athlete in these American cities (vote one per city)  

238 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Athlete in these American cities (vote one per city)

• Atlanta - Hank Aaron
    • Atlanta - Chipper Jones
    • Atlanta - Dominique Wilkins
    • Atlanta - Greg Maddux
    • Atlanta - John Smoltz
    • Atlanta - Dale Murphy
    • Atlanta - Deion Sanders
    • Baltimore - Johnny Unitas
    • Baltimore - Cal Ripken Jr.
    • Baltimore - Jim Palmer
    • Baltimore - Ray Lewis
    • Baltimore - Brooks Robinson
    • Baltimore - Frank Robinson
    • Baltimore - Wes Unseld
    • Baltimore - Ben McDonald
    • Boston - Larry Bird
    • Boston - Ted Williams
    • Boston - Tom Brady
    • Boston - Bill Russell
    • Boston - Phil Esposito
    • Boston - Bobby Orr
    • Boston - Ray Bourque
    • Boston - Babe Ruth
    • Buffalo - O.J. Simpson
    • Buffalo - Bruce Smith
    • Buffalo - Jim Kelly
    • Buffalo - Dominik Hasek
    • Buffalo - Thurman Thomas
    • Buffalo - Gilbert Perreault

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_people_bristol_palin

JUNEAU, Alaska – Bristol Palin is hitting the speakers' circuit and will command between $15,000 and $30,000 for each appearance, Palin family attorney Thomas Van Flein said Monday.

Van Flein confirmed a report by celebrity news website RadarOnline that the daughter of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has signed with Single Source Speakers. He added her exact fees will depend on factors such as which group she's addressing and what she must to do prepare.

Bristol Palin, 19, is listed on the speaking group's website as available for conferences, fundraisers, special events and holidays, as well as women's, youth, abstinence and "pro-life" programs.

Her fee is denoted by four question marks, meaning "Call to discuss!" The same designation is given to New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees.

Really??? $15-$30k for her to speak about teen pregnancy? What makes her more qualified to talk about it than any other teen mom? Wouldn't this send the opposite message to kids? "Hey I can get knocked up and then start talking about my experiences and make $15-$30k? Why not?".

well at least most of us were smart enough not to get pregnant in high school :ols:

That's a fair point.

But she's 19, and can give 4 or 5 speeches and be done working for the year. Tell me you wouldn't have taken that. :)

That's a fair point.

But she's 19, and can give 4 or 5 speeches and be done working for the year. Tell me you wouldn't have taken that. :)

Hell one or two speeches and she'll make more than me with a college degree and a full-time job.

Congratulations LibMedia you just gave a conservative an easy job as a speaker :D Dang....
You were thinking its liberals who will be silly enough to pay $30K to hear her talk?

Guess Levi will be off the hook for support. Maybe she will have to pay him.

No, because we aren't the ones paying/voting for their dumbasses. They are smarter than the people they fool into doing such things.

Here's the nerve. And here's me touching it. Here's me tap-dancing on it. :ols:

If you wouldn't rather work 5 or 6 hours a year and be done with it, then more power too you. If you WOULD rather do that, but aren't, then she was smarter. :)

Here's the nerve. And here's me touching it. Here's me tap-dancing on it. :ols:

If you wouldn't rather work 5 or 6 hours a year and be done with it, then more power too you. If you WOULD rather do that, but aren't, then she was smarter. :)

It's the stupid people that enable them to do such things. If all people were smart, the Palins would all be working in a Walmart or some other blue collar job.

As long as there is a dummy with a dollar, it enables people like the Palins to skate through life.

Smarter? No. I just don't find my life fulfilling by taking advantage of lesser intelligent people.

Well, then it would seem that getting knocked up in high school is a wise career choice for a young woman.

Unless your mom is not a national figure. Then it's just dumber than hell.

~Bang

I guess it also depends on who knocks ya up

It's the stupid people that enable them to do such things. If all people were smart, the Palins would all be working in a Walmart or some other blue collar job.

Right. Because you find a lot of state-governor caliber people at Wal-Mart. In fact, that's what most of their employees are doing, I think. Biding there time there until there governorship comes in.

As long as their is a dummy with a dollar, it enables people like the Palins to skate through life.

Right. Because governor is the easiest job on earth. Look at all the "skating" going on around this country right now. Ignore all those massive budget deficits, and through-the-roof unemployment. They act as zambonis on the great ice-rink of life.

Smarter? No. I just don't find my life fulfilling by taking advantage of lesser intelligent people.

That or you haven't done anything that people want to hear you speak about. I'm sure it's one of the two. :pfft:

Right. Because you find a lot of state-governor caliber people at Wal-Mart. In fact, that's what most of their employees are doing, I think. Biding there time there until there governorship comes in.

She isn't smart. Like I said, if people were smart they would never be in the situation they are in and probably working blue collar jobs. Hence, if people were truly smart, they'd never would have voted her into office or put her on a running ticket. You think she got elected or put on that ticket because of her intellect? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Right. Because governor is the easiest job on earth. Look at all the "skating" going on around this country right now. Ignore all those massive budget deficits, and through-the-roof unemployment. They act as zambonis on the great ice-rink of life.

Yes. I'm sure she doesn't rely on a financial expert to deal with economy/financial issues. Of course not, she's just that smart. <----sarcasm

She's a brainless idiot that excelled in two things. Being pretty and manipulative.

She isn't smart. Like I said, if people were smart they would never be in the situation they are in and probably working blue collar jobs. Hence, if people were truly smart, they'd never would have voted her into office or put her on a running ticket. You think she got elected or put on that ticket because of her intellect? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Wow. So the majority of Alaskans, and everyone else who doesn't agree with you is an idiot? Nice. And John McCain was the one who put her on the ticket in 2008. Say what you will about Palin. I'm pretty sure I can stand McCain' record up against yours all day long.

It remains pretty darned likely that Sarah Palin has already accomplished more than you ever will. And I would assert a different hypothesis, that those who elected a charismatic community organizer are the real idiots. There. Now I can be as productive to the overall political discourse as you are! YEA!

Yes. I'm sure she doesn't rely on a financial expert to deal with economy/financial issues. Of course not, she's just that smart. <----sarcasm

I never said anything of the sort, Scarecrow. Wanna follow me to Oz?

She's a brainless idiot that excelled in two things. Being pretty and manipulative.

I love people like you. You don't even realize the damage you do to your own cause. :)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_people_bristol_palin

Really??? $15-$30k for her to speak about teen pregnancy? What makes her more qualified to talk about it than any other teen mom? Wouldn't this send the opposite message to kids? "Hey I can get knocked up and then start talking about my experiences and make $15-$30k? Why not?".

I don't know that she is more or less qualified. However, apparently somebody believes that she is worth getting paid to speak. Good for her I say. Better that she makes money and isn't dependent on the State or Federal to subsidize her and her child's existance. Good for her I say.

Archived