Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ronnie James Dio dead

thehogs

yep Elf ...Rainbow... the Sabbath stuff..this dude had EPIC vocals!!!!!!! im glad to see soo many who can appreciate his music!!!!!

Don't forget that Ronnie James sang for The King, also

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_duMj9dRJ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_duMj9dRJ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He also had a short lived band Called ELF. A really great blues/rock band. I have two LPs from tha band and they are very, very good.

If you like a little bluseier sound put an ear on it, you will not be dissapointed

Elf also had Dio's cousin, David Feinstein, in it. He went on to form a band called The Rods. They have a new album, on which Dio sings a couple of songs. Last I heard the album has not been released yet and they were not sure if the Dio tracks would make it onto the album. Somehow, I think they will now. Could very well be some of the last work Dio recorded.

I remember him saying in an interview he developed his singing voice from learning how to breathe to play the French Horn proficiently. I also seem to remember he was invited to attend Juliard, but declined so he could pursue playing in rock bands (honest).

RIP Dio.

Bump this up to post this.

Jorn Lande's tribute song to Dio

dEtyaC6ltQg

This will be on a whole album of Dio covers he's doing.

Powerhouse Norwegian vocalist Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ARK, THE SNAKES) will honor the musical legacy of Ronnie James Dio with his new album, aptly entitled "Dio", to be released on July 2 in Europe and July 27 in the U.S. via Frontiers Records.

Handpicking some lesser known tunes of the Dio era, along with some of the true classics, Jorn offers a fine collection of songs that present the music of the man and the artist, with a unique twist.

Commented Lande: "Throughout the years I have had the privilege of both meeting and working with many of the musicians that have inspired me on my musical journey. Ronnie James Dio has inspired me through decades, and this man's influence continues to add colour to my creative spirit. Ever since the first time I heard his royal roar back in the '70s, I have been fascinated by this extremely talented man's creative force and dedication to music. His career has been going on for so long and includes so many great songs that it was a challenge to decide which songs and what era to focus on. I ended up focusing on the Dio era."

"Dio" will also include an original song for which a video, shot by Thomas Tjader (PRETTY MAIDS, IN FLAMES), was produced. Jorn says, "I wrote 'Song for Ronnie James' as a tribute and a personal thanks to the man who has been my mentor for more than 35 years. This great man has affected my life and career in such a way that without his presence, I would not have become the artist I am today."

The "Song for Ronnie James" video can be viewed below.

"Dio" was mixed by Tommy Hansen at Jailhouse Studios and it features the following tracks:

01. Song For Ronnie James

02. Invisible

03. Shame on the Night

04. Push

05. Stand Up And Shout

06. Don't Talk to Strangers

07. Lord Of The Last Day

08. Night People

09. Sacred Heart

10. Sunset Superman

11. Lonely Is The Word / Letters From Earth (2010 version)

12. Kill The King

13. Straight Through The Heart (live)

14. Song For Ronnie James (video)

JORN is:

Jorn Lande: Lead Vocals

Willy Bendiksen: Drums

Tore Moren: Guitar

Jgor Gianola: Guitar

Tor Erik Myhre: Guitar

Nic Angileri: Bass

Archived