Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Something cool thread

Bang

I got sucked in to the piece by the pic next to the headline---the dude clinking the bottles on his hands in one of my fave fun flicks (now a "cult classic") since it came out--The Warriors.

http://www.suggest.com/movies/11641/15-unscripted-scenes-that-were-so-excellent-they-each-became-part-of-their-respective-movies?&list=true#page=1

15 UNSCRIPTED SCENES THAT WERE SO EXCELLENT THEY EACH BECAME PART OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MOVIES

• Like 2

I got sucked in to the piece by the pic next to the headline---the dude clinking the bottles on his hands in one of my fave fun flicks (now a "cult classic") since it came out--The Warriors.

I love the Warriors. One of my favorites. But I really enjoyed Midnight Cowboy as well and did not know the cab scene wasn't rehearsed. The Midnight Cowboy theme song is one of the most depressing songs I have ever heard. I love it! However, I feel horrible when I listen to it. It is that sad to me. Any time a piece of art has that kind of effect on me, I know it is good.

• Like 1

Not an exact fit for this thread, but it's kind of a neat trivia tidbit. 

Q: Why are so many manicurists in the U.S. Vietnamese women?

A: "Birds" film actress Tippi Hedren.

Here's the story:

By Celeste Hoang

Most Americans recognize Tippi Hedren for her starring role in Alfred Hitch****’s horror film The Birds—but among the Vietnamese American community, her reputation is for something a little more serious: being a cornerstone of the immigrant community's economy.

Forty years ago, the Hollywood actor traveled to Hope Village, a Vietnamese refugee camp near Sacramento, California, to meet with a group of women who had recently fled the takeover of South Vietnam by the armed forces of Communist leader Ho Chi Minh. Hedren was aware of the difficulties the refugees had faced and had been trying before her visit to think of a skill or trade she could help the women learn so they could support themselves in their adopted country. When she met with the group, she was surprised to find they were enamored with her manicure.

“We were trying to find vocations for them. I brought in seamstresses and typists—any way for them to learn something,” she told the BBC. “And they loved my fingernails.”

Thuan Le was there for the lightbulb moment. “A group of us were standing close to her and saw that her nails were so beautiful,” she recalled to TakePart. “We talked to each other and said they looked so pretty. I looked in [Hedren’s] eyes and knew she was thinking something. She said, ‘Ah, maybe you can learn nails.’ And we looked at each other and she said, ‘Yes, manicures!’ ”

Hedren flew in her own beautician and enlisted a local beauty school to teach 20 of the women how to execute the perfect manicure. Many of these women later settled in Southern California, where they soon were offering manicure services at a lower price than the existing competition. This quickly and dramatically changed the face of the industry in the region. Manicures and pedicures that cost upwards of $50 in luxury salons can cost 30 to 50 percent less at a Vietnamese American–owned salon, according to trade publication Nails.

Today, the nail industry is worth $8 billion, and 80 percent of nail technicians in Southern California are Vietnamese (51 percent across the U.S.). Many of them are direct descendants of the 20 women Hedren met with that fateful day in Sacramento, according to the BBC.

http://news.yahoo.com/hollywood-star-made-vietnamese-refugees-beauticians-223603963.html

• Like 1

Not an exact fit for this thread, but it's kind of a neat trivia tidbit. 

Q: Why are so many manicurists in the U.S. Vietnamese women?

A: "Birds" film actress Tippi Hedren.

Here's the story:

I read that article, and it answered a lot of questions. However, I've found a good Vietnamese dude to do mine.

For some reason, (and I think it's the generalization about women wanting noticeable nails), the women tend to make them that way, and to tell them "I'd like them to look as natural as possible" doesn't work. The men make them natural. Like really good, you can't tell that mine are acrylic. My "dude" even acquired two new clients because mine look so real.

I read that article, and it answered a lot of questions. However, I've found a good Vietnamese dude to do mine.

For some reason, (and I think it's the generalization about women wanting noticeable nails), the women tend to make them that way, and to tell them "I'd like them to look as natural as possible" doesn't work. The men make them natural. Like really good, you can't tell that mine are acrylic. My "dude" even acquired two new clients because mine look so real.

So you can relate to this:

That's pretty cool, except its over 500 bucks.

Now if was something I could use a lot, it would be super cool and I would totally buy one.

It needs a longer flight time (only 20 minutes), that would also convince me to buy it because I could find more uses for it.  I want to see if it could follow you on a roller coaster ride also.

I'd use it maybe twice a year.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Dog captures images that grab his attention

When it comes to dog photography, it's more likely that your pet is the one posing for the camera. But what if the dog were calling the shots? What kinds of moments would a dog want to capture?

The folks at Nikon-Asia decided get answers to these questions while testing new "Heartography" technology. Heartography is designed to connect emotions with photography. By attaching a camera to a heart rate monitor, it captures a shot whenever the photographer's heart rate increases, either due to excitement or fear. The company calls it "photography in its purest" and claims it's a means to "literally connect emotions to every photo."

To test out the technology, Nikon-Asia enlisted the help of Grizzler, the world's first dog photographer, or "phodographer."

dog-photographer.jpg

The team attached a heart rate monitor on a collar around Grizzler's neck and a camera to his chest harness. The two systems connected via Bluetooth to snap a shot whenever Grizzler's heart rate increased.

Ever wondered what gets your dog excited? Here's what captured Grizzler's attention:

dog-photographer-2.jpg

dog-photographer-3.jpg

dog-photographer-6.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

Of course, they don't show all the failed pictures like the one he took of that dog's ass, or the **** he just took.
Edited by China
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a screen test for James Brolin as James Bond. Never knew he was in contention.

https://youtu.be/ksjXilVYIxw

Here's a fight scene:

https://youtu.be/LhkUWMJoccQ

https://youtu.be/HxjyZ3lb8dc 

Here's one screentest with Sam Neil. He was in contention for "The Living Daylights".

https://youtu.be/rfGz-_iI23g

Edited by Rdskns2000

^ thought that was a typo at first, and meant josh. His dad was a pretty swagged out guy, but he lacks the authentic accent. A non-brit can NEVER BE bond, imo.

I know the idea has been tossed out there for Idris Elba to play bond when Craig's run is done, and I'd love to see that. He might be a little old, though. Even though Roger moore was kinda old in his last bond movie

^ thought that was a typo at first, and meant josh. His dad was a pretty swagged out guy, but he lacks the authentic accent. A non-brit can NEVER BE bond, imo.

I know the idea has been tossed out there for Idris Elba to play bond when Craig's run is done, and I'd love to see that. He might be a little old, though. Even though Roger moore was kinda old in his last bond movie

You don't say?  Roger never should've made "A View To a Kill". Probably, his worst Bond movie. He was clearly to old.

It's kind of ironic that the men who got the part were considered for the role earlier.

Moore was in contention for the first Bond but, think they said he looked to much like a pretty boy. Timothy Dalton was in contention when Moore did take the role.  We all know Pierce Bronson couldn't get out of his contract with NBC to play the role the first time he got it.

Daniel is contracted for one more movie after Spectre. My guess he calls it a day after that movie and we will be looking at a new Bond in 5 to 7 years.

• Like 1

Haha, wouldn't be surprised. I think Craig is a decent actor, but he'll always be "Bond."

Ya, Pierce, imo, was too pretty (even though sean was a handsome lad). I like the toughness Craig has given the Bins name during his run, and I'd enjoy another "tough guy" type of Bond in the future.

Tom Hardy, anyone?!