Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Source: JaMarcus Russell is tipping the scales at 300 pounds

Geoff_K

Damn, what a loser...wasn't Gibbs feeling this guy going into the draft?

Not only Gibbs, but EVERYBODY was. Mayock and many of the other Draft analysts all said that J. Russell had the best workout ever at the QB position. I think the problem is that they didn't delve deeply about his work ethic while at LSU. Either that or they completely overlooked it, which is probably the worst position for a person to have a bad work ethic.

One thing that may be in his favor is that if he is not a super-competitive person, he may actually just invest his money safely and wisely and live off interest and not lose money on risky investments like a lot of players.

No, you were right to begin with him being a idiot in the first degree.

http://youbeenblinded.com/jamarcus-russell-is-wearing-out-his-contract/5976

Does this seem like the kind of guy that spends his money wisely?

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/31/nfl-qb-jamarcus-russell-oakland-raiders-las-vegas-the-palms/

A true ****ing idiot. It's virtually sinful that some of these fools are actually matriculated and issued degrees of ANY kind.

Besides a high school diploma, this guy doesn't have a degree and I highly doubt he goes back to finish either. I still agree with what you said though.

This boob is going to get cut. Save the raiders $6mil at least...

Report: Raiders preparing to cut JaMarcus Russell

Apr 27 4/27/2010 3:48:39 PM | More

John Clayton just said on ESPN’s “NFL Live” that the Raiders are preparing the process of cutting quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

Clayton said it is not a matter of if, but when Russell will be cut. He also said the team could release Russell before Oakland’s minicamp, which runs Friday through Sunday, and that there is no trade market for him. The Raiders will save more than $6 million if they cut Russell this year.

John Clayton just said on ESPN’s “NFL Live” that the Raiders are preparing the process of cutting quarterback JaMarcus Russell.

Clayton said it is not a matter of if, but when Russell will be cut. He also said the team could release Russell before Oakland’s minicamp, which runs Friday through Sunday, and that there is no trade market for him. The Raiders will save more than $6 million if they cut Russell this year.

Nice.....I feel like that guy robbed the NFL or say Oak....There is got to be some way that Oak can get some of that money back...

Wow ... It's disgusting how little this guy cares. Hope he socked away some of that $30 million.

Well, if they're going to cut him, better to do it now when they won't have to take a hit.

I never feel sorry for the Raiders and any Redskins fan should NEVER root for ex-Redskins to play well for the Raiders. You know why? 38-9. We should never have lost to them in SB 18. We should have 4 Lombardi's.

Agreed, I honestly don't give a crap that Campbell and Cartwright are on the team.

I didn't have to live through that nightmare thankfully, but I've seen highlights and they hurt to watch. :(

I never feel sorry for the Raiders and any Redskins fan should NEVER root for ex-Redskins to play well for the Raiders. You know why? 38-9. We should never have lost to them in SB 18. We should have 4 Lombardi's.

Well, it depends. Some positions don't impact the record and I think it's good for the league when the Raiders are a decent squad but I definitely don't root for them to do any significant damage. They have enough SB victories/appearances and I remember weeping that night, so I am not a huge fan of the Raiders (though I'm tempted to root for them to play us in the SB again and get stomped.)

I bet someone on this forum will ask if we should pick him up.

Its already happened, there's a thread in the stadium that's meant to be a joke, but some posters really are discussing it there: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=322744

:doh: :ols:

Examples:

You might all rip me for this, but a belichick, shanahan, parcells, holmgren-type presence could really bring out his talent. Honestly, I'd love to see the shanahans work with him. Call me crazy, but he has a freaking canon and had a 87% good decision rate in college.
Hey, if we got a 29 year old Mike Williams from 400+ to 320s, then we can get Russell down to 250. I'm with you that I'd give him a look at a low risk contract. Give him the #3 spot and the year to get in shape. If he shows that he can get with the program, 3-5 years under the Shanny's and McNabb could make him into a player. He has the big arm and athletic ability, he's just fat and lazy. Shanny would whip him into shape or ship him out so he's worth a look.

Plus it would be hilariously ironic if trading JC to the Raiders landed us our QB of the future that they failed to develop.

We should make a move for him and let McNabb take him under his wings. The guy is still young plus noone succeeds in Oakland. Russell didn't pan out and McFadden is heading in the same direction. If they drafted Crabtree last year then he would be heading down that bust road as well. The kid has talent, but he needs to be in the right offense and need some good coaching to bring that talent out. Especially if we are going to be a running team for here on out then I see no reason for him to be a game manager.
+1...and yes that'd be awesome. Though I doubt it will happen, it is absolutely worth a 1 year flyer for shanny to attempt.

Archived