Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.Com reporting Jason Campbell Trade to Raiders Now Official

Burgold

Apparently so do all of the other 31 teams in the NFL.

I don't think that this is the point.

I think that most of the teams just suppose that we are going to cut him so no one want to trade for a player that they are going to have free in a couple of weeks...

If we wanted to get any value from JC we should trade him before taking Mc Nabb imho

I see Campbell as a player as somewhere between 18 and 24 out of QBs. The 24th ranked QB in the NFL with 50 games of starting experience, even IF he's a loser, and not having *atrocious* stats should get at least a 4th.

Are the Rams really going to start Bradford day 1? Are they insane? I'll blow a 4th or 5th on JC than start Bradford day 1.

Campbell was complicit in his problems, but the obstacles he dealt with on this team were very real... esp. last year. No running game, receivers that led the NFL in drops, and an absolutely horrible O-Line.

If eventually, he began getting jittery and lost a bit on his accurasy or always defaulted short can you really blame him?

Yes you can blame him. So do other NFL GMs, otehrwise they would have acquired him. A 6th year QB with 50 plus starts and former 1st rd qb.

The excuses in the abstract are over. The market has spoken. JC is worth close to nothing.

It is amazing how many people refuse to admit that JC is a failure as trying to be a front-line qb; the fact that there is no market for him speaks volumes (if he were cut today, my guess is that he could only find a job as 3rd string); we probably would even take a 7th round pick;

then why did NOBODY in the nfl want this guy

based on stats alone he had a top 15 QB rating and he's not even 30 yet

I'm not a JC defender by any means, but I'm honestly puzzled by the fact he couldn't even garner a 4th.

But then, so many teams made so many dumb moves that I dunno.

I'll take Jason Campbell over the dreck they have in Buffalo any day.

Because either the Skins wanted more than they were willing to pay, or they felt they could get a GREAT quarterback, while Jason is simply a good quarterback.

It's not as simple as saying "We like this guy, here's a pick." and everyone is happy.

As for what people are worth, it took the Jets throwing in a seventh to get Seattle's 4th. Seems to me Washington should be worth a third on his own.

Schefter# Redskins-Raiders trade talk heating up over QB Jason Campbell, who would be an instant upgrade in Oakland. #nfldraft half a minute ago via web

Instant upgrade? He'll have to learn the system, the planets will have to be aligned, insert generic Campbell excuse, etc.

Man, I've always dogged the Raiders. This will just be the icing on the cake. Oakland, you deserve Campbell.

I don't think that this is the point.

I think that most of the teams just suppose that we are going to cut him so no one want to trade for a player that they are going to have free in a couple of weeks...

If we wanted to get any value from JC we should trade him before taking Mc Nabb imho

Not true, the Skins would likely cut him right before week 1 hoping someone gets hurt in preseason so they can deal him.

Any team that had any real interest would drop a 5th rd pick on him, but they didn't.

Trade would be great at this point, I would rather have 3-4th rounder next year than 6th round this year. It would cancel out the conditional pick we owe the Eagles.

JC is a good man, hope him all the best. He does not fit Shanahan type offense and moving to Raiders should give him a chance to compete on a team that has at least made good moves in the draft this year.

Archived