Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Latino lawmakers urge veto of Arizona immigration law

China

It seems to me that this applies to personal property and or a persons home or dwelling. This has nothing at all to do with asking for identification of Citizenship. You are simply asking them to provide what they are supposed to already have on them.

It has to do with on your person as well, probable cause or warrant. BTW, you are not required by law to carry proof of your citizenship with you. What's more is the police is forcing them to prove that they are NOT committing a crime which is a violation of their due process of law...i.e. "Innocent until proven guilty".

I will say it again. I am open to figuring out another way to deal with this issue but what would that be?

Well one thing is for sure this ain't it.

BTW, I might direct you here for starters. http://faithandimmigration.org/

I never said it was Terrorism. I suppose you can look at it that way, if you wish. I don't know. However, the Citizens of Arizona do have the right to demand protection. How do you provide that? That's the question right?

If you want to talk immigration reform that's fine, start a new thread. This is about the Constitutionality of THIS bill in Arizona. And you don't make bad and unConstitutional law just because you have a problem in your state.

It has to do with on your person as well, probable cause or warrant. BTW, you are not required by law to carry proof of your citizenship with you. What's more is the police is forcing them to prove that they are NOT committing a crime which is a violation of their due process of law...i.e. "Innocent until proven guilty".

Well one thing is for sure this ain't it.

BTW, I might direct you here for starters. http://faithandimmigration.org/

I think the law does require an immigrant to carry a Visa at all times.

Where is the Search? All you are doing is asking for proof of Citizenship. There is no search involved at that point.

Ok fine. What if they say "no"? Does the cop get to arrest them? What if they're a legal hispanic in a hurry on a bad day, and the cop is having a bad day as well? What if he doesn't ask the guy just a few feet away who doesn't speak any English but instead can only speak Russian? And if the cop has no authority once somebody says no, then what is the point?

And the 4th and 5th amendments apply to your person, or else any cop could stop you and search you for no reason at all.

Not the derail the thread and all the good points about protecting the rights of non-citizens but.....how many Latino members of Congress are there anyway?

What does this have to do with the rights of non-citizens?

Non-citizens who are here legally are already required to carry documentation.

People who don't have documentation that satisfies the authorities (US citizens and illegal immigrants) are the ones who will get hassled by this law. :ols:

I think the law does require an immigrant to carry a Visa at all times.

What about an Hispanic citizen who was BORN in the US, what about when one of them is asked to produce their proof of citizenship. Are you required to carry proof of your citizenship on you at all times. Whats more is that a naturalize citizen does not have to carry proof of citizenship with them at all times what about them?

I can't believe that we're in this situation, I thought Republicans were the party of small government and less government intrusion. :doh:

Not that it matters but this is a State Law, not a Federal mandate and, it's happening under a Democratic Administration. Why do you label this Republican?

People who don't have documentation that satisfies the authorities (US citizens and illegal immigrants) are the ones who will get hassled by this law. :ols:

BS. What about the US citizens who were born in the US who just happen to look like an illegal.

On a personal note I cannot believe the reasoning that people are using to justify this law. In one breath its God Bless America and in the next, meh it's just the Constitution. :doh:

I'm a vocal supporter of aggressive, comprehensive immigration reform. But this is NOT the way to do it.

Even I'm not ignorant enough to think that those with hispanic accents won't be asked for proof of citizenship than those with French, German, or Irish accents.

Though I want illegals out as badly as the people who drew up this bill, there is entirely too much potential for profiling and abuse of a law like this.

how can anyone argue hog's post ... seriously.

i mean ... this would be a disaster.

What about an Hispanic citizen who was BORN in the US, what about when one of them is asked to produce their proof of citizenship. Are you required to carry proof of your citizenship on you at all times. Whats more is that a naturalize citizen does not have to carry proof of citizenship with them at all times what about them?

That would be me and no, I am not required to carry proof of citizenship but if it helps to solve the problems we see here on the boarder, then I am happy to do it.

my father in law is an american citizen but he speaks very broken english and when he is nevous, ITS REAL REAL BAD.

He worked for fairfax county for 25 years, owns a home, and is now retired.

If he were to get pulled over, and a cop thought that he was illegal because he was having trouble explaining himself in english, he could get hauled in if he didn't have proof of residency?

I mean, if he flashe

Ahh but you're the one excusing this awful piece of legislation.

I am not excusing anything. I am simply saying that I don't see it as unconstitutional. I am not in favor of people being able to protest parents who are laying children to rest while radicals call them baby killer and Gay and whatever else but it is apparently constitutional. Doesn't mean I like it.

If there is a better way, then lets do that but I don't know what it is. We can't just say, sorry for your luck, next time, don't get shot.

my father in law is an american citizen but he speaks very broken english and when he is nevous, ITS REAL REAL BAD.

He worked for fairfax county for 25 years, owns a home, and is now retired.

If he were to get pulled over, and a cop thought that he was illegal because he was having trouble explaining himself in english, he could get hauled in if he didn't have proof of residency?

I'm not for this bill but couldn't the cop just run his driver's license in a database and tell if he's legal citizen or not?

Archived