Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Latino lawmakers urge veto of Arizona immigration law

China

Is this chick engaging in an "evil" activity?

So which one is this? The "all crimes are equal" line of "reasoning"?

Or the "any person who hasn't been perfect his entire life is hereby officially declared to be unable to object to any person who commits any other crime" one?

I'd like to know which joke of an excuse to justify organized, ongoing, career criminality I'm dealing with.

Or the "any person who hasn't been perfect his entire life is hereby officially declared to be unable to object to any person who commits any other crime" one?

I'd like to know which joke of an excuse to justify organized, ongoing, career criminality I'm dealing with.

I actually think that anyone who unlawfully enters the U.S. (or any other country) is committing a wrongful act and should be arrested, prosecuted, and punished. However, I think it's rather absurd that you claim that any and all criminal activity is inherently "evil." I am sure that you know the difference between malum in se and malum prohibitum and I find it hard to believe that you think that unlawful entering the U.S. falls into the former category.

Also, I have no clue why you think that I am arguing that "all crimes are equal." Your argument is closer to that line of reasoning than mine.

I find it very ironic that the President of Mexico would condemn the immigration law in AZ. Maybe we should use Mexico as an example on how to handle the illegal immigration problem.
Do the Federales really "shoot on sight" on Mexico's SOUTHERN border? Or is that just hyperbole?

I assume you're throwing Latin or some such at me. Never heard of 'em.

Yup, they're both Latin phrases. Malum prohibitum means that an act is wrongful because it is prohibited (e.g., jaywalking) whereas malum in se means that an act is wrongful because it is inherently evil (e.g., murder).

I would assert, however, that all of the businesses who are doing "Press 8 for Spanish", and all of the governments mandating forms in Spanish, aren't catering to people who are bilingual.

They're catering to people who no habla.

you're partially correct. There is a difference between being fluent and being business capable. My father carries on conversations in English all the time and has no problem with the language, yet he clicks 2 for Spanish when he calls the bank. He more certain of the language he spoke first and prefers it when it's an option.

And the last part is the reason. The option ensures that you can get the business of the second largest minority. If you don't offer and they do, you lose.

You're the one that defined evil by breaking laws. Should be noted that drug offenses are penalized significantly heavier than illegal immigration and considered a far more serious offense. Thus my your logic a pot smoker is several times more evil than an illegal immigrant.

Or we can be rational and realize we are t talking good and evil

You're the one that defined evil by breaking laws. Should be noted that drug offenses are penalized significantly heavier than illegal immigration and considered a far more serious offense. Thus my your logic a pot smoker is several times more evil than an illegal immigrant.

Or we can be rational and realize we are t talking good and evil

That is not necessarily true. If the laws were actually enforced as they should be, there are serious felony penalties involved with illegal immigrants.

"The penalty for felony harboring is a fine and imprisonment for up to five years. The penalty for felony alien smuggling is a fine and up to ten years imprisonment. Where the crime causes serious bodily injury or places the life of any person in jeopardy, the penalty is a fine and up to 20 years imprisonment. If the criminal smuggling or harboring results in the death “of any person,” the penalty can include life imprisonment. Convictions for aiding, abetting, or conspiracy to commit alien smuggling or harboring, carry the same penalties.

Conspiracy to commit the crimes of sheltering, harboring, or employing illegal aliens is a separate federal offense punishable by a fine of up to $10,000 or five years imprisonment."

Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

• Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
  • Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
  • Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact; has committed a federal crime.
    Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

I think we should follow the lead of our southern neighbors immigration policies. One of which requires every visitor to have paperwork. No paperwork, you can be arrested.

I think we should follow the lead of our southern neighbors immigration policies. One of which requires every visitor to have paperwork. No paperwork, you can be arrested.

:secret:We already have that law.

The problem is requiring citizens to carry paperwork to prove it.

:secret:We already have that law.

The problem is requiring citizens to carry paperwork to prove it.

Yes, but we don't enforce it. THey don't seem to have that problem south of the border.

I am all for a Federal ID Card of some sort. Hell, we can use Passport Cards if need be.

However, they do go much further in their restrictions of immigration than we do. As almost every country in the world does.

Archived