Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bubba9497 - Rest In Peace

zoony

Rest in peace Bubba. Wish you could have seen the turnaround that Shanny is about to give us.

Stopped by for a quick lurking session and saw this. It's so very sad because I think you're right...definitely by the 2011 season. Bubba would have absolutely loved it. :(

I'm guessing Bubba watch this draft from above with his burgungy and gold colored glasses in full affect.

If he could post he'd let us all know what a bad ass draft the team just had.

Didn't he always? No matter how crappy it ultimately turned out to be. :)

RIP bro...RIP. I'll be pouring some out for you every Skins Sunday. :helmet:

Havent been able to log in in about forever and saw the news when finally i was able to.Very sad news and all my thoughts go out to bubbas family and close friends.I hope the mourning period goes as easy as possible.

But hey Bubba...You got us all beat....You got the best view of the field now.Kickin it side by side with ST watching us kick ass this season.

Bless.

RIP bro...RIP. I'll be pouring some out for you every Skins Sunday. :helmet:

I will be right with ya! I think this season all Redskins fans will be able to talk a lil smack. It would have been priceless to see Bubba piss off a few more Cowboy fans this year :(

I will be right with ya! I think this season all Redskins fans will be able to talk a lil smack. It would have been priceless to see Bubba piss off a few more Cowboy fans this year :(

I exchanged messages with bubba most weeks and on many days for years and it seems very weird not to do that anymore, or see him posting, and I sure miss him. :(

I really think bubba would love a number of his homies to wander into the ATN more often, especially during the season, and challenge the rival fans (especially the cowboy fans:)) with knowledgeable football debate, steadfast resolution, and humor, as he did (while always staying within the rules). I really believe that's something he would like. :logo:

I've held off posting in this thread until now... I just wasn't really sure how to approach dealing with the loss of someone I had never met, but still interacted with on a daily basis through ES. It was very strange for me, because typically when you lose someone you feel grief. I was not able to grieve over the loss of bubba because I did not know him personally.

The one thing I can say about bubba though, is he really helped make this place special. There are only a select handful of posters on here- in the Stadium, ATN, and Tailgate alike- that stand out among the rest. Bubba was perhaps the most notable. His work with Redskins Breaking News was impressive to say the least. You could really tell he took pride in that. His posts in the ATN forum were great too. I'm going to really miss having him post on here.

I've never dealt with the death of someone in my immediate family (except 2 grandparents when I was really young), so I can't even imagine how hard this is for his family. I hope they are recovering from the loss and beginning to adjust to this new reality they are faced with. My thoughts and prayers will stay with them.

Was thinking about Bubba today when posting crap about felix jones in the ATN. We're all going to have to work extra hard on those Cowboys fans in his memory. No one does it like he did, except maybe TR1, but we can all try.

RIP Bubba.

Was thinking about Bubba today when posting crap about felix jones in the ATN. We're all going to have to work extra hard on those Cowboys fans in his memory. No one does it like he did, except maybe TR1, but we can all try.

RIP Bubba.

I'm not trying to hijack nor get off the subject of bubba's passing. I do miss reading bubba's post. When bubba wasn't in ATN going at it with cowgirl fans TR1 would not be far behind so it made for some really funny reads most of the time. When bubba passed i thought that TR1 would not slow down in his posts in ATN.

R.I.P. Bubba you are truly missed... :(

bubba was one funny dude. not quite a mod but carried all the same respect as one. he once told me my sig was too big and i couldnt figure out what he meant because every time i checked it the thing was right. so he made me one and said "here, paste this" and that was that.

passionate for the skins..the man certainly was that. RIP bro..you deserve your rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived