Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bubba9497 - Rest In Peace

zoony

Very very sad. Couldn't believe it when I saw the news.

I always appreciated Bubba's tone. Weird to say this, but he made great use of emoticons. He came across as a fair, balanced kind of guy, with a great sense of humor. Never mean-spirited as I recall. And when he dug in and got passionate about something, I enjoyed that too. Buges really did seem like the perfect avatar for him.

Of the super-frequent posters on the board, I'd have to say that he was probably my favorite.

One last question...wasn't he originally just "Bubba"? When and why did that change, and why did that change to "Bubba9497"?

As so many have commented, Bubba has not been on ES for some time. While Bubba was a huge presence on the board, he respected his private life a great deal.

There are many of us who are fearing the worst. While we don't know 100%, and might never know for sure, there is quite a bit of evidence to suggest that the worst might have happened.

I would ask you to all keep Bubba and his family in your thoughts and prayers. A great Redskins fan and a great dude.

Staff edit:

All,

We are deeply saddened to inform you that we have confirmed that Bubba passed away on March 16, 2010. He was 45. He is survived by his wife and two sons. This is a matter of public record. Out of respect for his privacy, we will not offer any more details, and we know you all will respect that.

This is a very sad day. Rest In Peace, Bubba. We love you.

-ExtremeSkins Staff

buges1.gif

I had never joined Extreme Skins until a few days ago when I heard about this. I wanted to post earlier but I've had major virus issues on my computer so I am late in getting to this.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Bubba's family during this very trying time. While I didn't know Bubba, at all, I'd heard plenty about him on the Cowboys forum I go to. He was, from what I understand, a very passionate Redskins fan and was always up for a great debate. For that I am sorry I never had the chance to speak with him on things.

My prayers to all his family and friends after this terrible tragedy.

My wife and I are so sadden to hear this devastating news. Bubba, was one of the first to welcome me to ES and I valued his friendship as well as his enormous contribution to the success of this website.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and two sons.

Bubba, you left way to soon...I'm going to miss you terribly.

When I first started posting on this site years ago, there was a definite wall put up between the new guys and the old ES'ers. Standing on that wall as a bridge to the two worlds of ES'ers was Bubba. Bubba had no qualms with talking to anyone or defending his point to anyone. If the professional reporters put in half the effort that Bubba did here, they still wouldn't be as informed as Bubba.

I had disappeared from here for the last month and went and watched the new Bang Cartoon today. I was troubled to see the cartoon was dedicated to Bubba and investigated further only to find this thread.

It is a sad day for ES; may Bubba's family know how loved Bubba was by his brethren here. The news release section will never be the same. Rest in peace, king of all media.

Archived