Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: McNabb and TO reunion (originally posted 4/7)(MET)

FatboysSkins

Hey ES how do yall feel about this. Me personnally hate the fact of TO becoming a Redskin, but the love the thought that this could make our offense more dynamic as ever.:logo:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors#4536

httpC://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/free-agency/shanahan-interested-in-terrell.html

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81761050/McNabb-from-D-C

From ESPN Insider:

Several years back, the Philadelphia Eagles were in the Super Bowl with Donovan McNabb as their star QB and Terrell Owens as his top target. When McNabb was still with the Eagles earlier this offseason, the team was not considered to be in the mix to sign Owens again, whereas the Washington Redskins had been mentioned as a possible destination for No. 81. Now that McNabb is with the Redskins, the chatter has begun to pick up that perhaps the team will go after Owens, too. Although, there was a report from Chris Russell of 106.7 FM in Washington that a high-ranking Redskins official is opposed to the idea of signing the WR.

A recent report said that an offer could still come from the Cincinnati Bengals, but that it likely wouldn't be for much more than $1.5 million for a single season.

It'll be interesting to see if either of those teams calls the other's bluff, or waits until after the draft to target Owens. We also wouldn't be altogether shocked to see the Oakland Raiders or Jacksonville Jaguars take a look at Owens either, but that's mainly speculation at this point, and it's possible the Owens-to-Oakland ship has already sailed.

I was pretty against TO in the past but I don't have a problem with it anymore. If we're going to throw $40 million in guarantees at Haynesworth and sign Larry Johnson then we might as well get the trifecta with TO.

He talks too much but anyone that thinks he's a bigger problem than Larry Johnson is delusional.

Bring on T.O.

When Moss is on the field he gets double teamed. Plus he's not a true #1 WR even though we have treated him as such. When T.O.'s on the field he is double teamed for his potential. Teams can't double everyone. Which means more zone defense and more open spaces for Cooley and Davis to pick a part.

In the mean time hopefully Thomas, Kelly, and Mitchell step up.

I just added another link for the NFL Network with Rich Easian (spelling) hinting/joking toward a McNabb/Kevin Curtis reunion (AKA TO). Pretty funny but it says alot.

Why AKA T.O.? I'm pretty sure he was actually talking about Kevin Curtis. He just built up the suspense so that everyone would think he was about to talk about TO. It was a semi-joke.

Archived