Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: McNabb and TO reunion (originally posted 4/7)(MET)

FatboysSkins

i also remember them showing pictures of the two side by side...showing how they were not smiling in one pick claiming it was due to standing next to each other...and had another picture of them apart smiling...it was bad!!! real bad....the media ran with it.....the focas was not on the eagles...but on Mcnabb and TO...philly news did so well over that whole mess...

I had heard that Shanny did not like Marshall's route running and wanted to trade him.

If we go after ANY big name receiver, it should be Brandon Marshall. T.O is washed up as far as I'm concerned, plus he'll just tear down team morale.

After all that went down with the to of them, it makes absolutely ZERO sense to make that move. Knowing what TO has done in the past on three other teams is bad enough, but to reunite him with one of the people he screwed over the most and expect McNAbb to perform to the best of his abilities is ****ing stupid.

+1

Living in the Philly area, I remember all too well the absolute circus that went on with McNabb and TO. Everyone lost focus on the team, the locker room was divided, and the Eagles' season went down the drain. There is no way Shanahan would want to reunite these two.

+1

Living in the Philly area, I remember all too well the absolute circus that went on with McNabb and TO. Everyone lost focus on the team, the locker room was divided, and the Eagles' season went down the drain. There is no way Shanahan would want to reunite these two.

Funny Shanahan "did" try to pick up T.O. while he was HC in Denver. So T.O. apparently "is" the type for him. Whether he would bring him in to work with McNabb is the question? and his responces was he would not rule anything out at this point if it makes the team better they will look into it.

McNabb had his best year when T.O. was in Philli. T.O. had his best year when he had McNabb throwing balls to him. The Eagles had their best year (SB) while having both on the team.

Plus, he's got, what, one or two years left before he breaks down completely?

No thanks. That guy is way more trouble than he's worth.

He may be a shell of his former self as someone else has said but he still as to be covered on the field or he will burn them. Most teams double him up.

We only need for him to be here 2 more yrs at the most. I think Hixon hampered Thomas, kelly, and Mitchell's growth so having T.O. on the team would enable the team to have a bonified #1 WR while the other 3 pick up practice habits and route running.

T.O. is a shell of his former self. He may not be as disruptive as he used to be but he ain't pulling down 15 TD's and 1,400 yards either.

True T.O. is a shell of his former self, but his shell is better than most receivers in this league. That being said he is a cancer and I don't want him on the Skins. Now, I have no problem with him on any other team in the Beast.:)

Hey ES how do yall feel about this. Me personnally hate the fact of TO becoming a Redskin, but the love the thought that this could make our offense more dynamic as ever.:logo:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors#4536

httpC://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/free-agency/shanahan-interested-in-terrell.html

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81761050/McNabb-from-D-C

no. no. no. no.

mcnabb to moss, thomas, kelly, cooley, davis, and marko. TO = NO

I could deal with bringing in brandon marshall though, but that would put thomas or kelly out of a spot.

TO better stay away from DC pleeeeeez

NO NO NO and..... NO.

If Two still had the ability to be a dominate, or even really good WR in this league he wouldn't be sitting at home as a free agent in mid-APRIL. There's a reason he hasn't been signed, it's because he's finished and no one wants to deal with his baggage, which teams were willing to put up with in the past because he still had the game-breaking ability. There's a reason why he had to settle for going to the Bills last year, and even they don't want him anymore.

McNabb had his best year when T.O. was in Philli. T.O. had his best year when he had McNabb throwing balls to him. The Eagles had their best year (SB) while having both on the team.
That was 5 years ago.

Things have changed since then.

Namely, T.O. has gone from being one of the most dominant receivers of his era, to just an old, physically declining shell of himself.

He may be a shell of his former self as someone else has said but he still as to be covered on the field or he will burn them. Most teams double him up.
This is not true.

Teams did not double T.O. last year. They didn't have to (in part because the Bills offense wasn't that good, but also because T.O. doesn't scare anybody anymore enough to warrent double coverage).

For the life of me, I can't understand why someone would think bringing in T.O. would be a good idea to consider.

NO NO NO and..... NO.

If Two still had the ability to be a dominate, or even really good WR in this league he wouldn't be sitting at home as a free agent in mid-APRIL. There's a reason he hasn't been signed, it's because he's finished and no one wants to deal with his baggage, which teams were willing to put up with in the past because he still had the game-breaking ability. There's a reason why he had to settle for going to the Bills last year, and even they don't want him anymore.

Is he sitting at home and not on a team? yes.

Maybe ask the real reason why.... He does not want to work for Buffalo again. Cinci chose someone else, but are still looking at him.

The problem I think lies with the fact he wants too much money for his age about 6 mill a yr and he wants a longer contract then a 2 yr contract. Sooner or later he will have to decide if he wants to play ball or would rather sit out.

I could see our WR corpse as...

Marshall

T.O. (2yr deal only for 6 mill)

Moss

Thomas

Mitchell

Kelly has not amounted to anything. Is not getting seperation. Is horrible when jammed at the line.

Ludicrous. If Shanahan signed TO, I would seriously be off board. This would prove to me he has become senile and has no idea what he is doing. We have enough problems on this team as it is.

And why the hell would we do that to McNabb? The McNabb-TO soap opera ended really bad w/ TO bashing McNabb a lot.

Actually TO and McNabb and friends again. They did an episode of Pros vs Joes and had a blast. At this rate TO wouldn't be bad for the Skins since you guys could use an upgrade and he wouldn't cost you a draft pick.

being friends or friendly towards one another is totally different than when two people have to work together imo...just a thought

Is he sitting at home and not on a team? yes.

Maybe ask the real reason why.... He does not want to work for Buffalo again. Cinci chose someone else, but are still looking at him.

The problem I think lies with the fact he wants too much money for his age about 6 mill a yr and he wants a longer contract then a 2 yr contract. Sooner or later he will have to decide if he wants to play ball or would rather sit out.

I could see our WR corpse as...

Marshall

T.O. (2yr deal only for 6 mill)

Moss

Thomas

Mitchell

Kelly has not amounted to anything. Is not getting seperation. Is horrible when jammed at the line.

Intended or not CORPSE is the correct word when considering t.o. as a Redskin. As in, I'd prefer a dead body.

Archived