Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: McNabb and TO reunion (originally posted 4/7)(MET)

FatboysSkins

I could see our WR corpse as...
Freudian slip there? Or deliberate pun? :ols:

I wasn't thrilled with our "all pass catchers in the 2nd rd" draft where Vinny picked Thomas and Kelly, but at this point I think you got to keep putting them on the field, and they either succeed or we have to replace them.

With McNabb at QB, and a patchwork line last season that actually didn't allow THAT many sacks (certainly not compared to the likes of GB), I think it'd be a fair test this year of whether Kelly and Thomas are our future.

T.O. has been a cancer to EVERY team that he's played for. Jerry Rice couldn't rein him in, and that's why I loved to see him in "Big" D and Philly. The more he caused that team to eat itself from the inside out, the better. Even in his one year in Buffalo he was causing trouble. We don't need to bring him in here to do the same.

With McNabb at QB, and a patchwork line last season that actually didn't allow THAT many sacks (certainly not compared to the likes of GB), I think it'd be a fair test this year of whether Kelly and Thomas are our future.

wha wha WHAT?! werent we third in the league, behind 2 notorious ball holders- rodgers and roethlisberger?

(btw- rodgers lead the league in self inflicted sacks according to that O line article posted the other day.) ocorrected to say 'sacks' instead of 'stats'.....

ball holders. lol.

Actually TO and McNabb and friends again. They did an episode of Pros vs Joes and had a blast. At this rate TO wouldn't be bad for the Skins since you guys could use an upgrade and he wouldn't cost you a draft pick.

Thanks you Bro, it kills me how our couch coaches know whats best for this team. We finally have a coaching staff and a GM that knows whats best for this team. When I read "TO and Mcnabb are not friends and this would be horrible for the team" I just shake my head and laugh because those are post from people that have not been keeping up with whats been taking place in the sporting world.

OK anyway I say bring on TO, yea he may be good only for 2 yrs but thats OK, he would groom our young receivers and I think he knows that this is his last team and would go all out and not cause any headaches, plus no draft picks and cheap.

If picking up TO would make you not root for the Skins anymore then in my opinion you were really never a true fan..Hell the Skins could pick up Tony Homo:puke:(just the thought makes me puke) but because I'm a Die Hard Skins fan, I would have to support Homo since he would be our QB..

HTTR

I've read in a few places that a high ranking Redskin official said that the Redskins have no interest at all in TO.

I read somewhere that a high ranking Redskins official said that there was no way the Skins would be interested in McNabb before he came on-board:), sooo just sayinnnn

I read somewhere that a high ranking Redskins official said that there was no way the Skins would be interested in McNabb before he came on-board:), sooo just sayinnnn

The only thing the front office said about McNabb is that they didn't think they had an opportunity to trade for him, due to the Eagles being in the same division. I don't think you'll find a report with any official saying they didn't have an interest in McNabb.

With Marshall out of the question now going to Miami, Id like to bring him in. We currently have 4 WRs on roster that have played in the league before and the rest are just camp fodders brought here by the old regime. I dont want to waste a draft pick on a WR and relying on a UDFA WR to make the team is too risky. TO would instantly upgrade our offense and WR group. He will become a #1 WR and you never have to worry about him being out of shape. He will come here and most likely be the best in shape player on the team.

If McPOS still hates TO as much as he use to then Im all for it... I want to make McPOSs stint here like being in purgatory and hopefully no other Giant Eagle or Cowperson QB will ever want to come here again.... :)

Yeah...Go Team!

I really hope I missed on the sarcasm there....

T.O. is a shell of his former self. He may not be as disruptive as he used to be but he ain't pulling down 15 TD's and 1,400 yards either.

Dude can't throw it to himself....

Not that I like the talk of him reuniting with The Don, but he didn't exactly have a high caliber QB throwing it his way....

I keep going back and forth on the subject, but I think I'm finally on the "bring him in side".

First, he would be a bargain for the level of skill he plays at.

Secondly, he wouldn't take a long commitment.

Third, his antics alone (situps? popcorn?) would make it worthwhile LOL.

But in all seriousness, the worst case scenario is our young receivers get tutoring from a Hall of Famer.

TO proved he can shut up while in Buffalo. He's still a legit #1 WR, even at this stage in his career, and better then anyone we have on the roster. With his extensive experience with the WCO and playing with McNabb (they both have already kissed and made up), this move would make a lot more sense then some of ya'll are willing to admit. No trades needed, just sign him to a respectable contract and solidify the WR core.

I still think we need to bring in Flozell Adams. We already get the Iggles playbook and all inside info on them and if we bring in Adams we will get the CowTurds too. Plus Adams is a good short term answer at least at RT for us until next season when we can draft more O Lineman.

wha wha WHAT?! werent we third in the league, behind 2 notorious ball holders- rodgers and roethlisberger?

(btw- rodgers lead the league in self inflicted sacks according to that O line article posted the other day.) ocorrected to say 'sacks' instead of 'stats'.....

ball holders. lol.

I checked and you're right about JC being 3rd in the league in sacks this year.

But how can you claim that AR and Big Ben are "ball holders", and Jason "Deer in the Headlights" Candle isn't?

"Ballholders" was pretty good. I'm a little disappointed with the spin that any other QB gets sacked more must be "self-inflicted", though.

I checked and you're right about JC being 3rd in the league in sacks this year.

But how can you claim that AR and Big Ben are "ball holders", and Jason "Deer in the Headlights" Candle isn't?

"Ballholders" was pretty good. I'm a little disappointed with the spin that any other QB gets sacked more must be "self-inflicted", though.

Roethlisberger is the classic example of a quarterback holding on to the ball too long. That's what he does. It works out a good bit of the time but only because corners can't cover good wide receivers for that long.

In Pittsburgh, they call it "**** it, Chuck it - football"

Roethlisberger is the classic example of a quarterback holding on to the ball too long. That's what he does. It works out a good bit of the time but only because corners can't cover good wide receivers for that long.

In Pittsburgh, they call it "**** it, Chuck it - football"

Yeah, and the Steelers ran deeper drops for him, because he can shift around well and take a little contact better than most QBs. Even though their o-line was pretty bad too.

Meantime we ran a lot of short drops for Candle because our O-Line was so patchwork, and Candle wouldn't even get the ball out before the receiver turned for the ball and stopped.

Archived