Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

So, Red Sox/Phillies World Series anyone? I'm just glad Lee didn't sign with the Yankees. Shows that money isn't everything.

Says a BoSox fan whose team just signed Crawford for $142 million..... a number higher than what the Yankees offered Lee.

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 12:42 PM ----------

Says a BoSox fan whose team just signed Crawford for $142 million..... a number higher than what the Yankees offered Lee.

And what's Gonzalez going to cost?

BoSox fans crack me up. Seriously. You're all just dumb.

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 12:42 PM ----------

And what's Gonzalez going to cost?

BoSox fans crack me up. Seriously. You're all just dumb.

Hey I'm O's fan, that's a different kind of dumb!

some hot stove stuff...

1. cliff lee: I am so glad that someone finally told the yankees to go **** themselves

2. the phillies rotation: halliday, cliff lee, oswalt, hamels.... this has got to be the best starting rotation ever. halliday has been my favorite pitcher for a decade, cliff lee contends for the cy every year. i think oswalt has been bothered by the world baseball classic lately, but i think he might be the second best pitcher on that team by years end. hamels has been hurt, but is healthy now, watch out. im not sure who will man the 5th spot, maybe a rookie? if they strengthen up their bullpen, this will be the best team that ever played. mark it down.

3. the orioles: as an orioles fan, we are screwed. all of the phillies pitchers are better than our best pitcher (guthrie). the disparity in talent between teams in the mlb is moreso than any other sport. look at the yankees, redsox, and phillies. they buy the top free agents every year. the orioles get nothing. in fact, free agents stay away from baltimore just because we are so bad.

the only way we will be successful is if the younger guys like weiters, reimold, pie, tillman, and matusz start playing to their potential. even then it most likely wont be enough. with a couple over .500 seasons in a row, we might be able to lure a top free agent.

4. adrian gonzalez: my current mvp favorite. barring significant injury, you will see a considerable improvement in homeruns, rbi's, and runs since he is now hitting in fenway. though he is a lefty, he hits opposite field with power also, i wouldnt be suprised if he hit a few over the green monster. i have watched him closely for years, he is a beast. the orioles would be able to compete if they had snagged him (which we all knew wasnt going to happen).

5. jose bautista: he was awesome last year, will he be able to do it again? i think his homerun totals will drop a bit, but the power is legit. he has a really good batters eye, he wasnt just hitting a lot of homeruns, he was smashing the ball most of the time. it will be interesting to see how he does this year.

6. strasburg: he has some really good stuff. if he can learn how to deceive pitchers and have them on their toes, he will be awesome this year. he needs to avoid injury though.

7. the rangers: since ive been in texas ive been watching this team. andrus, kinsler, hamilton, vladdy, and neli cruz are the heart of an awesome lineup. it will be tough to beat this team even if their pitching isnt great.

the loss of cliff lee is huge, and pitching wins the big games. without lee, i doubt they will make it far in the playoffs, they should have just signed him to a multiyear contract. make they can get greinke?

i think they might try neftali feliz at a starting spot. i dont think they should, he was so good last year in closing duties, i would leave him there if he wants that spot.

Good for Yankee lite (Boston)

The irony is hilarious how the Red Sox trashed the Yankees as being the Evil Empire for snaring Rodriguez and a bunch of other players, but then a few years later they do the exact same thing!

That's why Yankee hate makes no sense.

Yankee hate makes perfect sense, but if it makes you feel better, I can hate the Red Sox and Phillies too.

But the Yankess remain by far the biggest offenders.

---------- Post added December-14th-2010 at 07:12 PM ----------

Phillies remind of the nasty Braves pitching in the 90s.

All they need is to have the Umps call their pitches strikes even when they are 20 inches out of the strike zone, and they will be just as good as those Braves were. ;)

Edited by Predicto

Isn't he out this year also? 2012, he will be a beast again.

There's a chance he shows up in September but I doubt it. 2012 will be his year though. The year he pounds the entire NL East in the ass with 100 MPH fastballs and makes them his *****.

P.S. **** the Yankees

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.