Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

Wow....the Rays have been on fire the past few years and it seems like the Tampa area couldn't care less.

Is it just me, or do the they not deserve to have baseball down there?

I think alot of it has to do with the stadium. Its a dump and not in a great area. But regardless, people should still go watch a great team play. I think more people go to Orioles' games than Rays'.

Wow....the Rays have been on fire the past few years and it seems like the Tampa area couldn't care less.

The problem is that Tropicana Field isn't even in Tampa, it's in St. Petersburg. They need to get the hint and actually move the team to Tampa. Their attendance will go way way up if they manage that.

You know, it's strange (and it's something I never realized). The three teams I loathe the most, the O's, the Yankees, and the Braves, were all dominate teams in the 90s.

This Ken Burns movie is kicking ass, though. I expected nothing less.

The Braves and Yankees, yes. With regards to overall record, the Braves even more so than NY, but it was the Yanks that won the titles. But I wouldn't exactly call the 90s O's dominant. They had just as many losing seasons in the decade as winning ones. The 90s Red Sox were better than the 90s O's. So were the 90s Blue Jays. So were the 90s Indians (who were in the same division at the time). So there were four teams in their own division better than the Orioles for that decade. :ols:

That's pretty funny, coming from someone who lives in MD, especially owings mills lol. Have you ever been to St. Pete or the Trop?

The main problem with attendance, imo, is the over abundance of Yankees fans here as well as many other teams fans, as this area has transplants from all over.

On top of that, a great deal of our residents are part timers (snow birds) and don't come down until winter. If you want talk **** you've got plenty to talk about with

the Nats and the O's lol.

Yeah, but his stuff is SICK. The man is a straight up ace.

Lincecum hasn't been that great this year, dude.

You know, it's strange (and it's something I never realized). The three teams I loathe the most, the O's, the Yankees, and the Braves, were all dominate teams in the 90s.

This Ken Burns movie is kicking ass, though. I expected nothing less.

lol The O's were dominant in the 90s?...I must have missed that!

lol The O's were dominant in the 90s?...I must have missed that!

Not dominate, but they did have 2 really good years in 96 and 97. In 97 they went wire to wire to win the division with 98 wins.

So the Rays are giving away 20,000 tickets to tonights game. Wonder if they'll have more than 20,000 fans there?

Heard an interesting stat about Felix Hernandez. In 9 of his 12 losses this year, he has gotten 0 or 1 run of run support. That's nuts!

Lincecum hasn't been that great this year, dude.

When your bad season consists of a 15-10 record with a 3.51 ERA and leading the NL (again) in strikeouts...with one game to go....not sure what that says.

The thing is - Lincecum had a bad August. 0-5 with a 7.82 ERA.

Throw out that month (which you can't) and he is 15-5 with an ERA under 3. Not too shabby.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Heard an interesting stat about Felix Hernandez. In 9 of his 12 losses this year, he has gotten 0 or 1 run of run support. That's nuts!

he's my picked for the Cy Young, and its really not close IMO

just last week the man pitched 8innings gave up 1 run on 2hits and still couldn't get a victory

Edited by StillUnknown

When your bad season consists of a 15-10 record with a 3.51 ERA and leading the NL (again) in strikeouts...with one game to go....not sure what that says.

The thing is - Lincecum had a bad August. 0-5 with a 7.82 ERA.

Throw out that month (which you can't) and he is 15-5 with an ERA under 3. Not too shabby.

I guess my point was he hasn't even been the best starter on his own team this year.

:rotflmao:

Rangers win on yet another walk-off by Nelson Cruz. But this time, it wasn't a home run. In fact, he didn't even register a hit. Nope, no error. No walk. Cruz won the game with a walk-off STRIKEOUT. :ols:

Now that is the first time I have ever seen that. Here is a little recap: The Rangers got three runs to tie the game 5-5 in the 8th because the Seattle pitcher couldn't throw strikes. He came back for the 9th inning and got the first two batters out. Mitch Moreland then walked and Cruz came up as a PH. With two strikes on him, Cruz swung and missed at a horrible pitch in the dirt that got away from the catcher. The balled bounced off the backstop to the catcher, who threw to first, and it looked like it was gonna be an out. But the Seattle first baseman didn't catch the ball at first (apparently in fear he was about to get run over by Cruz) and it rolled all the way to Ichiro in right. At that point, Moreland is rounding 3rd and because Ichiro's throw was off target at home, Moreland scored for the GW run. :ols: :ols:

Edited by royallypwned