Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

Wow this Phillies game is crazy.

Its the 14 inning. Phillies have used all 7 position players. Howard gets called for a check swing and argues a little bit. Later in the AB he gets called out on strikes for going around on a check swing (wasnt even close) and is pissed. Ump throws him out and he goes ape. He loses it. Manuel also got tossed and now Oswalt is playing LF.

Wow this Phillies game is crazy.

Its the 14 inning. Phillies have used all 7 position players. Howard gets called for a check swing and argues a little bit. Later in the AB he gets called out on strikes for going around on a check swing (wasnt even close) and is pissed. Ump throws him out and he goes ape. He loses it. Manuel also got tossed and now Oswalt is playing LF.

Ross Gload, who is there but on the DL, also go tossed, this is nuts!

Sorry to anyone on my facebook who will notice me using the same comments both there AND here, but meh...

Forget the last few games. As far as I'm concerned, the San Diego freakin Padres are the team to beat...not only in the NL, but in the entire major leagues. I would take the Padres over any team from the AL East. Mat Latos is the biggest stud nobody has heard of.

Sorry to anyone on my facebook who will notice me using the same comments both there AND here, but meh...

Forget the last few games. As far as I'm concerned, the San Diego freakin Padres are the team to beat...not only in the NL, but in the entire major leagues. I would take the Padres over any team from the AL East. Mat Latos is the biggest stud nobody has heard of.

Meh. I would take the Yankees over them. And I can't stand the Yanks. The Yanks don't have quite the starting rotation the Padres have, but they have a few guys that have been there and won clutch playoff games. Plus they have the best closer of all time. And their offense is head and shoulders above San Diego's.

I would also take the Rays over the Padres. Their starters are comparable. And they, too, have a good closer in Bell. And both teams' offenses are pretty even.

I would also probably take the Braves ahead of them. Better manager. Slightly better offense, imo. And both pitching staffs are pretty equal.

The Padres don't have many guys at all who have postseason experience. They could possibly be one and done in the postseason (sorry, MissU28).

Edit: Funny, the team you like is probably the one that closely resembles the Padres (the Rangers). By that, I mean neither team has many guys that have experience. And both teams suprised this season.

Edited by Bubble Screen

Meh. I would take the Yankees over them. And I can't stand the Yanks. The Yanks don't have quite the starting rotation the Padres have, but they have a few guys that have been there and won clutch playoff games. Plus they have the best closer of all time. And their offense is head and shoulders above San Diego's.

I would also take the Rays over the Padres. Their starters are comparable. And they, too, have a good closer in Bell. And both teams' offenses are pretty even.

I would also probably take the Braves ahead of them. Better manager. Slightly better offense, imo. And both pitching staffs are pretty equal.

The Padres don't have many guys at all who have postseason experience. They could possibly be one and done in the postseason (sorry, MissU28).

Edit: Funny, the team you like is probably the one that closely resembles the Padres (the Rangers). By that, I mean neither team has many guys that have experience. And both teams suprised this season.

Yeah, the current Rangers team has very little playoff experience. The only noteworthy guys who have such experience are Vladimir Guerrero and Cliff Lee. Of course, those are two pretty important players when it comes to doing something in the postseason. But anyways...the Rays had no playoff experience in 2008 and they carried their magical season all the way to the World Series.

Basically what I'm saying is that playoff experience in MLB is way overrated. (see: 2001 World Series) Trust me when I say that I will cheer my ass off for the Braves to not only make the playoffs, but to go deep into October. But if the Braves and Padres were to meet in the NLCS, I would take the Padres in 5 games, 6 at most.

I'm not gonna sit here and say that the Padres would for sure beat either the Yankees or the Rays in the WS, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did. A month or two ago, the Padres were just a cute story. But by now, if you aren't taking them seriously, then you will get burned.

Yeah, the current Rangers team has very little playoff experience. The only noteworthy guys who have such experience are Vladimir Guerrero and Cliff Lee. Of course, those are two pretty important players when it comes to doing something in the postseason. But anyways...the Rays had no playoff experience in 2008 and they carried their magical season all the way to the World Series.

Basically what I'm saying is that playoff experience in MLB is way overrated. (see: 2001 World Series) Trust me when I say that I will cheer my ass off for the Braves to not only make the playoffs, but to go deep into October. But if the Braves and Padres were to meet in the NLCS, I would take the Padres in 5 games, 6 at most.

I'm not gonna sit here and say that the Padres would for sure beat either the Yankees or the Rays in the WS, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did. A month or two ago, the Padres were just a cute story. But by now, if you aren't taking them seriously, then you will get burned.

Not to say the regular season is a barometer of how the playoffs would go, but you do realize the Braves have pretty much owned the Padres this year, right? They've taken 2 of 3 from them in each series. In fact, the Padres barely even scored off them in the last series. Just sayin...

Not to say the regular season is a barometer of how the playoffs would go, but you do realize the Braves have pretty much owned the Padres this year, right? They've taken 2 of 3 from them in each series. In fact, the Padres barely even scored off them in the last series. Just sayin...

I do realize that, yes. But I would still take the Padres in a playoff series. That's just my own opinion of course.

Go Braves Go Rangers :)