Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

I used to like the Braves because I was in love with Dave Justice. Same reasoning that I like the Indians. But he didn't make me like the Yankees.

and yes, ironic that I just made fun of Giles bc he was a wife beater when Justice was one as well

Edited by MissU28

Yeah, he's donezo

Gotcha. Thanks.

Yeah, you guys are due for something good to happen. So are the Royals. The Orioles, etc. It will eventually happen one day. Hell, the Braves were a horrible franchise for nearly all of the 80s. Then they got Avery, Glavine, Smoltz, etc. And the rest is history. At least you never totally gave up on them.

Yeah, the only problem is we need 8 position players to all come up in the same year and have huge seasons, along with 5 starters, a few relievers, and a closer. :ols:

Otherwise, anyone with any talent will just be dealt to a contender, like Ramirez. That was the one that really burned my ass. We suffered through all of his growing pains, then he goes to Chicago and knocks the house down.

And I never gave up, BS, you're right. I don't follow them as religously as I used to. (They're not on TV here.) But I check the team site a couple times a week, and try to stay up on what's going on.

There's a little bit of good young talent there now; Garrett Jones, Andrew McCutchen, Paul Maholm, and a few others. But I'm sure as soon as any of them really break out, they'll be gone. It sucks being a fan of a team that can't compete, doesn't compete, and largely refuses to compete.

I tried to root for the Nats when they came here. Then I would've been a fan of all the DC teams. But I couldn't do it. Once I'm a fan, I'm a fan. For better, or a holy helluva lot worse. :(

I used to like the Braves because I was in love with Dave Justice. Same reasoning that I like the Indians. But he didn't make me like the Yankees.

and yes, ironic that I just made fun of Giles bc he was a wife beater when Justice was one as well

Funny you mention Justice. IIRC, I was in attendance the first game he started for the Braves as a rookie. Pretty sure it was against the Dodgers. But I was pretty young, so don't hold me to it.

And Justice was on the only WS team the Atlanta Braves ever won ('95). Early in that World Series vs the Indians, he got on the fans because he didn't think they were being loud enough or something. Then he went out and hit a HR in Game 6 when they beat the Indians 1-0 to win the WS.

And yeah, how does he beat Halle Berry? She was/is one of the prettiest women ever. He was lucky to have ever gotten with her! What a tool.

Btw, speaking of wife-beaters, I think I once read that Bobby Cox hit his wife.:( Everyone makes mistakes, I guess.

Edited by Bubble Screen

Pirates win a simply insane game!

Pedro Alvarez!

Ok

Here is a brief description of the last chaotic innings

Pirates were up 5-2 in Ninth

Rockies tie it 5-5 in Ninth

Rockies take 7-5 lead in 10th

Pirates hit home run which is disputed

Pirates hit 3 run home run in 10th

I am strongly considering buying MLB.tv just to watch every Padres game with Dick Enberg

That guy is really one of the best

We can't watch Padres games at my apartment :( Cox has a monopoly on the broadcasting of the games. Time Warner customers can get it, but we are unable to get cable in our complex at all. It's satellite only here.

So you'd think we could get mlb tv and watch the games? No. Blacked out.

Sad thing is, most sports bars don't show Padres games either, because most of them have DirecTV, not cable.

I hate Cox.