Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2010 Major League Baseball Thread

StillUnknown

How the hell does Tampa Bay have a MLB team? Here they are in the middle of a division race...and 10,000 fans show up to support them. Great fanbase. Whoever thought that would be a good market for a team is just dumb.

Yeah you gotta feel bad for the players. They never really have a homefield advantage. But their stadium is a dump.

Lol they have a great season and still have 10,000 fans

That place has always had attendance issues

It's not like the Devil Rays are playing out there, it's a quality franchise now. When is that uber-modern ballpark coming up...maybe I am just imagining things but they had designs for a new ballpark

Miguel Cabrera could win it too. He's has a higher OBP, Slg, OPS, WAR, more doubles, and HR (In a cavernous park while Arlington is a bandbox). Hamilton is better with the glove for sure and his average is higher.

Both have really nice warm, redemptive stories, too.

The difference is that when the Tigers started struggling, Cabrera's MVP hopes slipped behind Hamilton's since the Rangers are looking good for a playoff spot. Playoff teams are usually gonna get first priority for MVP contenders, which is why I'd put Cano over Cabrera as well.

Hamilton has had some recent knee soreness that has kept him as the DH the last two games (where he still has two hits in each). But I'm reading that he will be kept out of the lineup altogether tonight. This game will further prove his MVP worthiness if the offense struggles.

Even though my Angels beat Seattle tonight, you can pretty much stick a fork in us because we're done. Even if the Rangers badly collapse, I don't think the Angels are playing good enough baseball to catch them.

Losing Vlad, Lackey and Figgins all in one offseason was a blow because that's a lot of leadership that was lost. But I believe things truly started going south when Morales went down with his freak injury after hitting that walk-off grand slam home run.

If Texas does hold on and win the AL West, I think they have a good chance at reaching the World Series.

Even though my Angels beat Seattle tonight, you can pretty much stick a fork in us because we're done. Even if the Rangers badly collapse, I don't think the Angels are playing good enough baseball to catch them.

Losing Vlad, Lackey and Figgins all in one offseason was a blow because that's a lot of leadership that was lost. But I believe things truly started going south when Morales went down with his freak injury after hitting that walk-off grand slam home run.

If Texas does hold on and win the AL West, I think they have a good chance at reaching the World Series.

I think only if we can finish ahead of the AL Central winner and get home field in the ALDS. The Rangers' upcoming series with the Twins this weekend is very likely the most important series left on the schedule. Hopefully Josh Hamilton is good to go vs Minny, because we badly need him, even though we are getting Kinsler back on Friday and just got Cruz back.

Yay!

I still remember I was not a baseball fan back then but that was all over the news when he did that

Great moment in MLB history

Anyway Giants won again, and Braves lost in 10

Two very tense races going on now, a great end to the MLB season coming down the stretch

Crazy ending to the Taxas Twins game. Texas baserunner made contact with the 3rd base coach. Automatic rally ending third out. Ouch.

I just saw that play. I didn't see the Rangers game because I was watching the SMU game. But I saw the ending and that is such a BS way to lose. The Rangers are so ****ed right now. Hamilton is injured, so who knows what is going to happen. The division isn't even a lock at this point. Forget about home field.

Don't know if any of you guys watched the Braves-Marlins game today, but its eerie how sharp Joe Simpson is while calling a game. Today during one of the middle innings (forget which one) he made a point that the on deck circles at Florida were too close to the batter's box and whatnot. Fast forward an inning or so, the Marlins' LF, Logan Morrison, was struck in the head by a foul ball off the bat of one of his teammates.

And this isn't the first time he's called something like that. He doesn't get enough credit for the job he does, imo.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Mariano Rivera gets owned by the Rangers AGAIN! WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rivera hit Francoeur on the first pitch with the bases loaded for a walk off HBP! LMAO!!!!!! Rangers were down 6-5 going to the bottom of the 9th. Vladdy walked, Cruz singled, Kinsler doubled home the tying run, intentional walk, out, then the GW HBP. :rotflmao:

**** the Yanks!! And **** all those stupid Yankee fans who were cheering after ARoid gave NY the lead in the 8th. hahahaha suckers!

Edited by royallypwned